AC codeshare credit drama

Old Aug 8, 12, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, AF Silver, BA Bronze
AC codeshare credit drama

I'm having a hard time getting intercontinental flights on LH flight number and AC metal credited to my Miles&More account (yes I've checked on the M&M website and the "V" economy booking class is definitely eligible for credit). So far I've done the following:

1. Gave my M&M number at booking
2. Made sure at check-in that my M&M number was in the booking
3. Filed an on-line retrocredit claim six weeks after the flight
4. Sent an e-mail requesting the credit another two weeks later (a note in my M&M account appeared at this point saying "Flug bereits erfasst" ("Flight already processed")
5. Called M&M to request retrocredit another two weeks later. I was told they need the original boarding card stubs
6. Sent the original boarding card stubs to M&M. This was two weeks ago and still no credit to date.

We're only talking about 10.000 miles but I need them for SEN requalification.

I feel I'm running out of options. What would you do next?

Last edited by planestupid; Aug 8, 12 at 2:59 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 8, 12, 8:30 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
No other options I know of. However, sometimes fare classes translate differently over different carriers. Could this be an issue, meaning was the ticket super cheap? I know you have checked the earnings table, I am only asking...
Old Aug 8, 12, 9:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You just need to call again..... it's happened quite a lot recently that miles aren't credited and you get a "flight already credited" error when doing a retro credit. I'm in the same boat... still trying to get a few UA flights credited.
Old Aug 8, 12, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, AF Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by supermasterphil View Post
No other options I know of. However, sometimes fare classes translate differently over different carriers. Could this be an issue, meaning was the ticket super cheap? I know you have checked the earnings table, I am only asking...
Hi supermasterphil, the ticket was almost EUR 1.000 hence I was expecting at least a few miles ....
Old Aug 22, 12, 12:22 pm

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
Wrong random M&M number?

I recently flew FRA-YYC-FRA on AC metal on an LH booking, but had trouble getting the correct M&M number into the system. When booking on lh.com, I was of course logged in and made sure the correct M&M number was in the booking. After reading your thread I checked my booking on lh.com the day before departure, and to my shock there was a completely different M&M number in there! I changed it online.

At checkin in FRA, my boarding pass came out showing no status. I asked the AC staff to double check that my M&M number was in there. Once again, it wasn't, and that other unknown M&M number had crept back in. The AC attendant changed it to the correct one.

In the LH C lounge I tried to triple check the number, but the LH staff didn't have access to the AC system. Instead I asked the AC staff at the gate, and they confirmed my status (I didn't insist on them checking the full number as they seemed really busy/unwilling).

Ultimately, three days after the flight the miles posted in my M&M account.

However, as I checked back in on the return flight YYC-FRA yesterday (ten days after the outbound), once again that unknown M&M number was there. The AC staff changed it and the boarding pass at least shows the *S status correctly. Hopefully these miles will also post correctly by the end of the week.

Perhaps you too are having a problem with a random, incorrect M&M number showing up and preventing you from getting credit?
Old Aug 22, 12, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, SPG Ambassador & Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Prez, AVIS 1st, Amtrak Select
I know this isn't particularly helpful; am post more out of surprise.

I often buy tickets on LH.com that include an AC codeshare (let's face it: AC lie-flat better than old LH angle seat) and have it all credited to my UA account. I've never had an issue. I also only fly J though so I don't worry about the fare code.

I am rather hyper-careful to always check my boarding passes when I check-in to be sure they have my UA info and my *A Gold status. I know I'm tempting the gods by expecting three airlines to work together but it has so far and I do this 6-8 times a year.
Old Aug 22, 12, 4:12 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
You just need to call again..... it's happened quite a lot recently that miles aren't credited and you get a "flight already credited" error when doing a retro credit. I'm in the same boat... still trying to get a few UA flights credited.
I usually get the opposite. I get "name not on passenger list" all the time this year. Even after sending in the boarding pass. Average time to resolve currently sits at more than 6 months each with 3-4 calls, faxes etc.
Old Aug 23, 12, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
I usually get the opposite. I get "name not on passenger list" all the time this year. Even after sending in the boarding pass. Average time to resolve currently sits at more than 6 months each with 3-4 calls, faxes etc.
I have had this a few times as well. After an eternal exchange of emails to get the first one resolved, I immediately started asking for fare reimbursements for my "unused" tickets on subsequent occasions. The miles typically credited within days.
Old Aug 27, 12, 11:15 am

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
Anyone seen any credits yet? It's almost been two months and still nothing, I have 4 "flight already credited" notes in my statement but still no real credits for the flights. I emailed over a month ago and still nothing other then a form letter that says we will look into it.

Doesn't anyone from LH even read this forum, it seems like this is a known problem since many people have the same issue.
Old Aug 27, 12, 11:42 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by mcdade View Post
Anyone seen any credits yet? It's almost been two months and still nothing, I have 4 "flight already credited" notes in my statement but still no real credits for the flights. I emailed over a month ago and still nothing other then a form letter that says we will look into it.

Doesn't anyone from LH even read this forum, it seems like this is a known problem since many people have the same issue.
hey, I had a similar issue with LX back in May. Emailed them twice, sent fax messages. I had to call them @:
Miles & More Service Center
Germany, Verl 33409
Postfach 12 00
Telefon +49 18 05 59 59
Faks +49 52 41 80 60 200

It took me 3 calls to get it fixed, 30 mins each. I was pretty brutal during the third chat with an agent and she fixed it somehow. They gave me a reason: name on M&M card and booking reference didn't match. BS - they have NEVER matched and it always worked.

Good luck!
mfk

Search this Thread