Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Best choice flight Switzerland to Vietnam with award ticker Miles and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I want to fly at the end of the summer to Vietnam.

With a departure from Zurich or Geneva, which is the best route from Switzerland to Hoi Han?

I will use my miles to book an award ticket probably in business or first.

What are your opinions?

Thank you for your response.
Sorry for my bad english :-)
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:35 am

I’m not so familiar with Vietnams geography, but the closest airport seems to be Da Nang (DAD).

It will however be much easier to find an award ticket to SGN (with LH/LX or TG) and take care about the remaining way on your own.

There is also a flight with TK via IST and ICN and then connecting with Asiana airlines to DAD, which should be bookable in principle with M&M.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: Miles & More;
As already mentioned by rotanes - the only Star Alliance Flight to Da Nang airport is with Asiana Airlines. So if you want to book the whole itinerary with your miles you first have to get to Seoul. As there are no direct flights from Zurich to Seoul you have to fly via FRA / MUC / IST.
Another way to get there would be flying LX ZRH-BKK and then TG to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City - from where you can get a separate Ticket with Vietnam Airlines or Jetstar to Da Nang
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:05 am

Flights inside Vietnam are fairly inexpensive when booked locally (best is the Vietnam Airlines website, don't use the normal booking engines).

Lots of flights from BKK to both SGN and HAN (Thai, Lufthansa, Turkish) with usually good availability.
Look for Thai or Turkish in addition to the LH group airlines to BKK and then onward.

ICN adds significantly to the flying time.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:23 am
Original Poster

thank you for your answers.

With the award ticket, is it possible to choose the company? Thai, Lufthansa, Turkish? and possibly the stopover

What is the best for business class?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:50 am

You can choose the airline, but in general not any date.

So it is more a question of your preferred flight dates and than you can look, which airline has availabilty for award tickets on that date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.