Lufthansa will close the flight singapore-jakarta?

Old Jul 26, 12, 11:07 am

Lufthansa will close the flight singapore-jakarta?

Lufthansa will stop the singapore-jakarta fllight in autumn. I just read it and I asked myself, what about the LH people working at the jakarta airport (LH station manager etc)?
Old Jul 26, 12, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by fly2010 View Post
Lufthansa will stop the singapore-jakarta fllight in autumn. I just read it and I asked myself, what about the LH people working at the jakarta airport (LH station manager etc)?
Might add: and the LH city office? Will it stay open? Had encountered some excellent service from the folks there.
Old Jul 27, 12, 5:29 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA, SQ, UA, HYATT, HH, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by fly2010 View Post
I just read it and I asked myself, what about the LH people working at the jakarta airport (LH station manager etc)?
Probably they will join EK or QR staff

I know a guy who used to be a sales manager at LH and due to an internal conflict inside the office he left the LH group.

Surprisingly he visited me after one year and handed me his new business card as a sales manager for EK
Old Jul 27, 12, 5:57 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Bronze, EY Silver, LH, SQ, IC Spire AMB, HH Diam, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
Probably they will join EK or QR staff

I know a guy who used to be a sales manager at LH and due to an internal conflict inside the office he left the LH group.

Surprisingly he visited me after one year and handed me his new business card as a sales manager for EK
LH will not just stop SIN-CGK-SIN, but actually get rid of MUC-SIN-MUC. I don't think it is loaded in the reservation systems after Oct 28. LH pax will supposedly transfer onto SQ flights (codeshare). Since SQ plow that route (with continuation to MAN) and LH has A380 on FRA-SIN-FRA the MUC flights appears to have suffered load wise.

just read the other thread on this regarding LH790. All there

Last edited by demue; Jul 27, 12 at 6:06 am
Old Jul 27, 12, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Stations are usually only staffed with one station manager and 2-3 duty managers, the rest is all contract staff in LH uniform. The station and duty managers move all over the place, usually rotated every 3-5 years, so no harm done. The sales office will stay open, they sell tickets with *A feeders already, can't see that changing.
Old Jul 27, 12, 7:03 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska MVP, AAdvantage, Etihad Guest, SPG Plat 75
That's too bad to see LH disappear off this route.

Now it's SQ if you want to stay in STAR Alliance or LCC's.
Old Jul 30, 12, 8:08 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FT, QF Silver, HH Gold
The station manager will stay if some LH Cargo flights remain, as they are responsible for passengers and cargo, even though it might be only 1-2x a month.
Old Jul 30, 12, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
The cancellation of the route seems to have been moved forward from 28th of october to 15th of October.
Seems LH is pulling out as quickly as possibly...
Old Jul 30, 12, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
The cancellation of the route seems to have been moved forward from 28th of october to 15th of October.
Seems LH is pulling out as quickly as possibly...
Its a very interesting move. Even if they're losing out to EK and the likes Indonesia is one of the fastest growing economies with a very vital consumption driven economy. While it makes sense to deploy planes on more profitable routes, it might be a move that will hurt in the long run.
Old Jul 30, 12, 7:07 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA, SQ, UA, HYATT, HH, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by ded0r View Post
While it makes sense to deploy planes on more profitable routes, it might be a move that will hurt in the long run.
I am not sure if that is correct. I have taken many times the sector SIN-CGK-SIN and to my surprise the plane goes with almost empty seats in all classes.

I think LH stopped flying to CGK because of low loads not just low yields.
Old Jul 30, 12, 10:22 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
[QUOTE=NA-Flyer;19030282]I am not sure if that is correct. I have taken many times the sector SIN-CGK-SIN and to my surprise the plane goes with almost empty seats in all classes.

I think LH stopped flying to CGK because of low loads not just low yields.[/QUOTE

No more cargo MUC-CGK??
Old Jul 31, 12, 1:56 am

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
I am not sure if that is correct. I have taken many times the sector SIN-CGK-SIN and to my surprise the plane goes with almost empty seats in all classes.

I think LH stopped flying to CGK because of low loads not just low yields.
It's revenue yield from passengers and cargo, not load-factor, that is stacked up against costs.

The $$$$ of operating tag flights such as SIN CGK are scary. The opportunity cost of taking up 4 hours of a wide-body aircraft + crew costs and all the other direct operating costs won't make much sense unless sector revenues and network contribution are significant. Load factors on the tag sector itself give very little indication of the underlying yields.

The few tags that are left on the LH network - I think only SGN and KUL - are unlikely to be safe from analysis by the fun-loving accountants at LH HQ.
Old Jul 31, 12, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
The few tags that are left on the LH network - I think only SGN and KUL - are unlikely to be safe from analysis by the fun-loving accountants at LH HQ.
Maybe we should tell the HQ that by cutting 100% flights, they could reduce flight costs by 100% as well. And even make a absolute record year by just selling all those money-costing airplanes! Isn't that like a great idea?
Old Jul 31, 12, 4:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
come on ... the reason for the CGK tag was that the aircraft was standing around in SIN for the entire day. LH has no interest to send the A380 there, and with the MUC-SIN flight not making it, the CGK tag is history. SQ and TG are the designated *A feeder partners for most of SEAsia, the world will not end if LH metal doesn't fly a certain tag on.
Old Jul 31, 12, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Maybe we should tell the HQ that by cutting 100% flights, they could reduce flight costs by 100% as well. And even make a absolute record year by just selling all those money-costing airplanes! Isn't that like a great idea?
I recognise the wiff of irony, but just in case you miss the point....... there are profits to be made elsewhere: that's why employing expensive aircraft and crew on low-revenue/high-cost activities such as flying CGK SIN is silly. SQ can do the work and take Luthfansa's code, maintaining Jakarta on LH's network.

Losing the MUC SIN link as well as its tag looks like carelessness But with the A380 to fill on FRA SIN, the Munich route was doomed.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jul 31, 12 at 1:15 pm

Search this Thread