Wiki Posts
Search

FRA-TLV going from L/H to S/H - How do you feel about it? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by SFO777
Yup. Just dumped my $12,000 LH tickets for Iberia J.
OK, it's not TATL F and I'll miss the FCL/FCT but it is long-haul A340 J all the way to TLV.
And I'm saving money using AA miles.
by the way...last time i checked (last year) Iberia J S/H on A319 to TLV has nice J seats (but if you got the flight with the A340 that's even better)

http://www.businesstraveller.com/fil...-business3.jpg
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:45 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by photographer2012
by the way...last time i checked (last year) Iberia J S/H on A319 to TLV has nice J seats (but if you got the flight with the A340 that's even better)

http://www.businesstraveller.com/fil...-business3.jpg
These seats are 10 times better than what LH offers in their NEK seats to CAI and BEY and AMM.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by photographer2012
by the way...last time i checked (last year) Iberia J S/H on A319 to TLV has nice J seats (but if you got the flight with the A340 that's even better)[/url]
I can confirm the Iberia J on A319 is quite good - not a LH product by any mean but not bad at all. I manage to sleep quite well in that seat when taking the late flight from MAD to TLV. The A340 is flown earlier in the day - much better proper LH J seat.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
There are some rumours on the BA board that BA will shortly go to a 321 for LHR-TLV. But apparently in a new configuration, 2 class, with fully flat seats. Seems to be a new mid-haul product resulting from the bmi integration.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by sschwenk
There are some rumours on the BA board that BA will shortly go to a 321 for LHR-TLV. But apparently in a new configuration, 2 class, with fully flat seats. Seems to be a new mid-haul product resulting from the bmi integration.

Indeed, plus the rumours say flights will go 3 times daily.

This is a very different story than LH's move (if true) as LHR are talking about downgrading the route to a S/H service.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
FRA TLV will stay three class, too much business at stake, LH knows that.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
TLV is the only destination in that area they serve with longhaul,
Lufthansa just confirmed on Facebook that FRA-TLV will be with A321, too:

Dear Ariel, with the beginning of the winter flight schedule on October 28th. Lufthansa will offer direct flights to Tel Aviv from Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich on Airbus A321 aircraft. / John
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Hippo72
Well, this just plain sucks. Where in the region will they still operate three class planes? I know of RUH, DXB, and AUH. Anywhere else? And is there reason to believe that any of these destinations will be changed as well?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
This is absolute madness. All they need to do is take a look at Air France and their market position with their Cont product (A320) on CDG-TLV. Zilch.

Let's just hope that Swiss doesn't lose their mind as well.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:53 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If this is true LH's booking site has not been updated. Dummy bookings on random dates in November show LH686/687 and LH690/691 being operated by the A333 while LH688/689 MUC-TLV will be on the A321.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If this is true LH's booking site has not been updated. Dummy bookings on random dates in November show LH686/687 and LH690/691 being operated by the A333 while LH688/689 MUC-TLV will be on the A321.
I've seen that, too.
But I do not dare to contradict....
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Grrrrrrr....terrible

does any one know if it's just a change for the winter time table. or something permanent?

and now also BA?! terrible. i'm not a big flyer but i save miles for J\F flights to Europe from TLV...

First my OK-Plus account became pretty worthless so i had to use them on KLM crappy J, and last week LH took my dream of F....and now BA!!

not good couple of week's for Photographer2012....
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if LH will implement something similar to the AF offer for flights without "P"(First) class: 300 EUR to use ground services if you are Plat (=SEN) or 800 EUR otherwise. It could be a way to keep a few customers in the FCL and FCT after they cull 6000 HONs in 2014
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
LH should install better C class seating to TLV, CAI, AMM and BEY similar to what BA will introduce on these routes on their A321:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...g-on-bmi-a321s

Otherwise, they will lose a large number of their premium customers, HONs and also me
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
LH should install better C class seating to TLV, CAI, AMM and BEY similar to what BA will introduce on these routes on their A321:
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...g-on-bmi-a321s
Otherwise, they will lose a large number of their premium customers, HONs and also me
Yup. As I mentioned above, I cancelled our LH rez and booked IB thru MAD.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
With LH and BA dropping F to TLV it certainly looks like the demand for paid F to/from TLV is weak? As for the 'premium C on narrowbody' concept... OS tried it to the middle east, and it flopped big time, good luck to BA if they can get it right. BD certainly tried hard with a better A32S product. LX is already subbing A32S with a NEK product to TLV whenever they have tech issues with the A340/330, so that tells a certain story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.