Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error message for OLCI at >23h or <30h?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:40 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I would suspect (and based on my anecdotal experience) that the check in opens around t-24 hrs of the first segment of a trip. so if you have an itin such as DME-MUC-MEX the check in for MUC-MEX opens at t-24 hrs of the STD of the DME-MUC segment. This could end up being close to 48 hrs before STD if someone has an itin with two (or more) extremely long flights (e.g. SIN-FRA-EZE or something along that line). As I said, this is not fact based but speculative.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by cas_de
I would suspect (and based on my anecdotal experience) that the check in opens around t-24 hrs of the first segment of a trip. so if you have an itin such as DME-MUC-MEX the check in for MUC-MEX opens at t-24 hrs of the STD of the DME-MUC segment. This could end up being close to 48 hrs before STD if someone has an itin with two (or more) extremely long flights (e.g. SIN-FRA-EZE or something along that line). As I said, this is not fact based but speculative.
I've had similar experience.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:06 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
To add to that:

I guess checkin will open for all pax at the time when a passenger booked on a particular flight will be at t-24hrs for his first segment. So while you fly only FRA-YYZ there might be someone on this flight connecting from PVG and hence checkin for your flight might be open nearly 48 hrs before departure.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cas_de
To add to that:

I guess checkin will open for all pax at the time when a passenger booked on a particular flight will be at t-24hrs for his first segment. So while you fly only FRA-YYZ there might be someone on this flight connecting from PVG and hence checkin for your flight might be open nearly 48 hrs before departure.
This makes sense to me. I've been able to check in almost 30 hours ahead on DEN-FRA pretty consistently.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
I don't think so - last week on POZ/EPPO (regional airport, without transit passengers) OLCI was possible > 30h before flight.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH OLCI currently has two versions:

the 'old' version: https://checkin.lufthansa.com/guiSer...=LH&COUNTRY=DE
and a new version: https://once.lufthansa.com/connect/m...ification/main

Each have their (dis) advantages. I doscovered today that the new version would allow me to group parties from two booking together (me in upgraded PE/C, family in award C), whereas the old version wouldn't budge, although I vaguely recall that it was possible before. New OLCI crosschecks the address for the US with some database, so it gave an error for the address in the PNR that I had entered before.
romans likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LH quietly changed the checkin opening to 30h recently. Only today they informed the public via a small note in a promotional email
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The quiet part was surely how it’s been 30 hours for years and years?
romans likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It wasn't, not for LH itself.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It wasn't, not for LH itself.
I definitely remember being able to check in at T-30h as far back as 2016.
romans likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:36 am

Programs: LH HON
Not for LX possible. Only 23hrs in advance.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by vkis
I definitely remember being able to check in at T-30h as far back as 2016.
Weird. I definitely remember checking in on OS because LH kept telling me I have to wait until T-23.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
I think, it is depending on the route and the check-in time is based on the first flight.
When flying IAD-MUC-FRA-TLL I always could check in based on T-23 based on the FIRST flight segment departure and not depending on the last leg (what coul dbe even more than T-30.

But that current T -30 thing and solely on LH flight (for the first flight segment) seems to me is related maybe to status of pax.
I am HON and for me it is so.
My wife and daughter are SEN and just yesterday they made checcin for their flights not connected to me, their check-in did open later.

But od course, it can be just something of Famous IT thing.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:43 am

Check in 30 hours in advance now possible

New: check in 30 hours in advance

Good news for you: we’ve extended the check-in window. From now on, you can check in up to 30 hours before the departure of your flight.
It worked for me.

Seems like a real enhancement? Why would LH do that?
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:25 pm

Weirdly enough it still depends on which app you use as to when you can check in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.