Wiki Posts
Search

Error message for OLCI at >23h or <30h?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:29 pm

reviving topic:

Annoying not having the OLCI work...

T-22 1/2hrs

a return trip from zrh-fra-gig on LH with LH paid C tix.

Warning

Unfortunately the login for the online check-in failed. This may be caused by the following reasons:
- The entered data (booking reference, ticket number, name) are not correct
- You are outside the time period for check-in of 23 hours before departure.
- You are not enabled to check in for the airline or the point of departure.
For further support please refer to the Lufthansa Callcenter (Tel.: +44 (0) 371 945 9320).

Called the webservices, spent 20 min with lame agent, trying to manually check me in forced, gets all info for 3 pssgrs, dob, passpt #, etc.. etc.. and after the very end:

Sorry sir, the airport already has control of your flights and check in is only possible there, after 23 hrs there's nothing we can do.

SERIOUSLY !!!! CANT WE GET BETTER TRAINING for these people... what a bunch of lame S&%$....

I know.. keep tryin T-22, T-21 etc.. etc.. (just venting...)
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RedRobin
Annoying not having the OLCI work...

T-22 1/2hrs

a return trip from zrh-fra-gig on LH with LH paid C tix.
Why do you have to OLCI when you are in C and presumably have selected your seats already? Or are you trying to pick better seats which weren't available to you to pre-select?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why do you have to OLCI when you are in C and presumably have selected your seats already? Or are you trying to pick better seats which weren't available to you to pre-select?
1) better seats indeed and,
2) I love seeing that #001 on the bp ;-)
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by RedRobin
2) I love seeing that #001 on the bp ;-)
You have to OLCI well before T-23 to get #001.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:49 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OLCI at T-46h thanks to my first leg on AI BN1 for both segments ^
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:09 pm

Lufthansa seat selection at check in - 23 hours before - short haul connection first?

Hi there,

On Jan 6th we are flying EDI - FRA - EZE. As our return is via the states, the ticket was booked via United, which annoyingly and unknown at the time, means that I cannot pre-reserve seats (even at a cost).

I see that we can check in 23 hours before departure. EDI - FRA departs at 17:00 and FRA - EZE not until 22:00. My question is, will I be able to check in for the FRA - EZE leg 23 hours before the departure of EDI - FRA, thus allowing me access to the seat selection system a little earlier than most?

Thanks!
David
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:34 pm

That's how it works in my experience.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by davidcraig2003
Hi there,

On Jan 6th we are flying EDI - FRA - EZE. As our return is via the states, the ticket was booked via United, which annoyingly and unknown at the time, means that I cannot pre-reserve seats (even at a cost).

I see that we can check in 23 hours before departure. EDI - FRA departs at 17:00 and FRA - EZE not until 22:00. My question is, will I be able to check in for the FRA - EZE leg 23 hours before the departure of EDI - FRA, thus allowing me access to the seat selection system a little earlier than most?

Thanks!
David
If you are connecting from a shorthaul to a longhaul flight you can usually check in online for both flights when OLCI starts for the first segment. Also OLCI usually starts before the advertised time of T-23. I'm not sure how it works with UA issued tickets but assuming you have access to your booking on LH's website I'd start trying around T-30. You can often check in online via the LH app before you can check in on the website so it's worth downloading the app if you can.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Online Check in for an individual may open up to 48 hours before the flight. Thats why you can check in both for the first and second leg at T-23 before the first leg.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:18 pm

Great, thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:29 pm

Hi,

Sorry - I have a followup question/dilema.

To be able to see a current seat map, my only method is to create a dummy booking. Suddenly, the seat map has taken a turn for the worse. In economy there are now only a scattering of single seats, mostly all in the centre.

Interestingly, on the EDI - FRA leg (which I don't care about the seat assignment on), there are only 2 available seats to select.

Surely 90/95% of the cabin haven't pre-booked? The best option I can see at the moment are 2 aisle seats behind one another - but the thought of 25 EUR each for a rubbish seat isn't too appealing.

Do LH tend to hold seats back/block them off for OLCI or at the airport? Or is it likely that the current seatmap is all that will be available at OCLI (or worse!)

Many thanks,
David
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by davidcraig2003
Hi,

Sorry - I have a followup question/dilema.

To be able to see a current seat map, my only method is to create a dummy booking. Suddenly, the seat map has taken a turn for the worse. In economy there are now only a scattering of single seats, mostly all in the centre.

Interestingly, on the EDI - FRA leg (which I don't care about the seat assignment on), there are only 2 available seats to select.

Surely 90/95% of the cabin haven't pre-booked? The best option I can see at the moment are 2 aisle seats behind one another - but the thought of 25 EUR each for a rubbish seat isn't too appealing.

Do LH tend to hold seats back/block them off for OLCI or at the airport? Or is it likely that the current seatmap is all that will be available at OCLI (or worse!)

Many thanks,
David
I checked the seatmap for LH965 for 6 Jan on ExpertFlyer and found most seats are blocked but not actually taken. Only two dozens or so seats are actually reserved. I don't know why they do this but on my recent shorthaul flight I noticed the same thing a few days before departure. On LH510 also many seats are blocked but not actually taken.

I'd wait until OLCI opens when I'm pretty certain you will see more seats will become available to choose from. Just make sure you have access to your reservation via My Bookings on LH.com or LH app.

Good luck!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
What you are seeing is 'theoretical seating' by Altea in action. As there is no fare class and status assigned to your dummy queries, Altea is assuming the worst case (super low pcv) and only showing you unattractive options.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: AP, SPG, DL
Question On-Line Check in 26hrs early??

I am on LH 471 departing YYZ @ 18:25 tomorrow July 11th.
I was able to check in for my flight @ 16:25 today. 26 hours prior to departure.
I have used many different airlines online check in and never experienced this before. I have always had to wait until a maximum of 24 hours prior, (to the second).
On Lufthansa's own website it states online check in available 23 hours prior to departure.
Is this a fluke or glitch? Or has there been a change in the system?
Anyone experience this before?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:07 pm

Yes, check-in may open earlier. Happens quite regularly. Actually at SK with the mobile app it was possible to check-in 36 hours before departure (just need to trick the system by advancing the cell phone clock to T-23)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.