FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Anyone been invited to a HON activity by OS recently? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1368105-anyone-been-invited-hon-activity-os-recently.html)

Mike Indo Jul 19, 2012 7:10 am

Anyone been invited to a HON activity by OS recently?

Last invitation was in 2011 at Esterhazy estate. Did not join as I was in Asia. Since then, very quiet except a ridiculous birthday gift with the world map and routes I flew in the last 2 years...

htb Jul 19, 2012 7:51 am

Someone at LH headquarters must have realized that LH can save money by not organizing HON events...

The birthday presents will come next. By sending out ridiculous presents long after the actual birthday, they can soon anounce that "our customers have told us that they do not want birthday presents".

:D

HTB.

TRAVELSIG Jul 19, 2012 10:20 am

Originally Posted by htb (Post 18961127)
Someone at LH headquarters must have realized that LH can safe money by not organizing HON events...

The birthday presents will come next. By sending out ridiculous presents long after the actual birthday, they can soon anounce that "our customers have told us that they do not want birthday presents".

:D

HTB.

There were both LX and LH HON events in NE Italy in the last 2 weeks.

I actually quite liked the phone wallet.

Are you flying enough with OS to get invited to the HON events? It actually seems from what I know that they look at how much you spend with the particular airline (at least that is how it works in Italy).

oliver2002 Jul 19, 2012 10:36 am

They run reports by revenue (and estimated yield) to generate the invite lists... ;)

Mike Indo Jul 19, 2012 10:51 am

I know this but from what I heard from other OS-HON's was that OS did not invite OS-HON for a while now. I just wanted to hear from Austrian based HON's

NewbieRunner Jul 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 18962194)
They run reports by revenue (and estimated yield) to generate the invite lists... ;)

They must be desperate to find enough of them in some countries. :D

oliver2002 Jul 19, 2012 4:08 pm

I suppose the make a list for 3-4x the amount of people they need and then start inviting. The process was interesting to observe for the LH Hautnah Event last May. Some SENs got invited only a few days before...

sentom Jul 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 18962194)

might be, but i know for a fact that one/two very well known FT/VFTers definitely have way less revenue than me and constantly get invited, while i never got a single invitation in my 5+ years as a hon... not that i care, just saying...

oliver2002 Jul 20, 2012 1:15 am

Thats because they ask, same was the case when I was based in DTW... if you ask the local sales director often enough they will invite you :)

mamb0 Jul 20, 2012 3:22 am

They should kill all those activities and use the money to uphold a good cabin/service product.

kacheng Jul 20, 2012 4:08 am

It depends a lot on the local sales director.
Be in touch with them from time to time and you'll jump the 'upgrade' queue ;)

TRAVELSIG Jul 20, 2012 4:11 am

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 18967294)
They should kill all those activities and use the money to uphold a good cabin/service product.

Actually mamb0 this is the only time you can actually give feedback to management. I value that more than any event. You can talk to someone in a decision making role which is very valuable.

FriendlyConfines Jul 20, 2012 6:12 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 18967414)
Actually mamb0 this is the only time you can actually give feedback to management. I value that more than any event. You can talk to someone in a decision making role which is very valuable.

Indeed, very valuable -- if he's willing to listen. YMMV but in my experience more senior levels of LH management do not show a willingness either to listen or forcefully to pass the message up the line.

TRAVELSIG Jul 20, 2012 6:23 am

Originally Posted by FriendlyConfines (Post 18967762)
Indeed, very valuable -- if he's willing to listen. YMMV but in my experience more senior levels of LH management do not show a willingness either to listen or forcefully to pass the message up the line.

Fortunately I have had different experiences. The people in senior management I have met in Lufthansa have all been really excellent. Of course I have never met the CEO.....

kasi Jul 20, 2012 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Mike Indo (Post 18960928)
Last invitation was in 2011 at Esterhazy estate. Did not join as I was in Asia. Since then, very quiet except a ridiculous birthday gift with the world map and routes I flew in the last 2 years...

last invitation in 2008...