FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH779 Sin - Fra. Lounge question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1366902-lh779-sin-fra-lounge-question.html)

Robcuk Jul 16, 2012 3:16 am

LH779 Sin - Fra. Lounge question

Hi guys

Im flying from SYD next week to Fra via Sin and I have around 5 hours in Sin so I'm hoping to find a decent lounge to relax in.

Can someone let me know which lounge I'm entitled to go in? When I left Sin bound for SYD I spent a few hours in the Sq lounge would I be allowed in that again ?

Thanks in advance

sperrgepaeck Jul 16, 2012 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Robcuk (Post 18937549)
Hi guys

Im flying from SYD next week to Fra via Sin and I have around 5 hours in Sin so I'm hoping to find a decent lounge to relax in.

Can someone let me know which lounge I'm entitled to go in? When I left Sin bound for SYD I spent a few hours in the Sq lounge would I be allowed in that again ?

Thanks in advance

Whats your class of travel, Eco/Business/First?

Do you have any status with SQ/LH or another Star Alliance partner?

If you are *G (Star Alliance Gold) then you can Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Lounge, more info here:

http://www.lufthansa.com/uk/en/Lounges

Robcuk Jul 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Sorry I should have mentioned I'm in Business and I have no status.

Thanks

iainbhx Jul 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Robcuk (Post 18940491)
Sorry I should have mentioned I'm in Business and I have no status.

Thanks

Essentially

FTL in Y - bad luck
SEN/HON in Y - KrisFlyer Gold Lounge
C - SilverKris Business Class
F - SilverKris First Class

Which isn't a bad deal at all.

Robcuk Jul 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Ok so it's sounds like I'll be in the same one as when I flew Sq from Sin to SYD - happy with that! Is the F lounge a lot different to the C?

TechMarauder Jul 16, 2012 12:56 pm

It really isn't much different just more space and quieter

Robcuk Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Ok thanks guys! Found the info provided by the link so all good.

MSPeconomist Jul 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by TechMarauder (Post 18940561)
It really isn't much different just more space and quieter

The really impressive lounge in SIN is for IFC passengers on SQ. They are invited to TPR (The Private Room).

Ted Jul 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Save some time for the NZ lounge in Sydney as well. You will have access to that as well with your SQ C boarding pass. It is one of the best.

Wome Jul 17, 2012 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Ted (Post 18943920)
Save some time for the NZ lounge in Sydney as well. You will have access to that as well with your SQ C boarding pass. It is one of the best.

I'd even recommend not going to the SQ lounge at all...NZ lounge is MUCH better!

Robcuk Jul 17, 2012 2:49 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 18942932)
The really impressive lounge in SIN is for IFC passengers on SQ. They are invited to TPR (The Private Room).

Is that International First Class lounge? Perhaps I should try and grab an invite ;)

I guess I could start a whole new thread asking people there favourite lounge!

iainbhx Jul 17, 2012 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Robcuk (Post 18945008)
Is that International First Class lounge? Perhaps I should try and grab an invite ;)

I guess I could start a whole new thread asking people there favourite lounge!

TPR is for SQ First Class Passengers only. When it first opened it was only for SQ PAID First Class Passengers only, no awards, no upgrades.

I'm afraid to say that there is almost zero chance of getting an invite in there, there have been very odd reports on SQTalk of being being guested in usually when when travelling with someone very important to SQ and only then after a discussion.

However, having been in there, it isn't actually that special a lounge unless you want to dine - in which case it is very good. The LH FCL/FCT is much better.

Robcuk Jul 24, 2012 6:59 pm

In Sq lounge now waiting for the delayed SQ 232 to dept SYD. I tried to get in the NZ lounge but the lady told me I had to go in the SQ lounge!

Wasn't that bothered so just returned to the SQ lounge and there ordinary bubbly :-(. I'll have to wait till Dec when I fly out of SYD with TG

Swiss Tony Jul 27, 2012 11:03 am

Am I right in thinking that the OP can also use the SQ lounge in T3 at SIN (rather than the one in T2)?

On the basis he has a long layover, might that be better???

iainbhx Jul 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony (Post 19012925)
Am I right in thinking that the OP can also use the SQ lounge in T3 at SIN (rather than the one in T2)?

On the basis he has a long layover, might that be better???

I've done it in the past without a problem.