Upgrade with evoucher from low economy fare classes

Old Jul 13, 12, 12:45 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Programs: LH Senator, AF Silver, BA Bronze
Posts: 744
Upgrade with evoucher from low economy fare classes

Are there any intercontinental fare classes on LX that are excluded from upgrade by evoucher? The Miles&More Website is silent on this issue. I'm looking to go from T to business. Thanks, ps
planestupid is offline  
Old Jul 13, 12, 3:30 pm
  #2  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 27,058
Originally Posted by planestupid View Post
Are there any intercontinental fare classes on LX that are excluded from upgrade by evoucher? The Miles&More Website is silent on this issue. I'm looking to go from T to business. Thanks, ps
Silent? Check this page (4.3.1).

Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.

On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
SWISS (LX) E, L, K

On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Jul 14, 12, 2:42 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Programs: LH Senator, AF Silver, BA Bronze
Posts: 744
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Silent? Check this page (4.3.1).

Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.

On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
SWISS (LX) E, L, K

On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T
Yes, silent. The section you are referring to is on upgrading with miles. It may well be that the rules are the same for upgrading with an evoucher (are they??) but the text does not mention evouchers in any way. Thank you for your comment anyway.
planestupid is offline  
Old Jul 15, 12, 1:51 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Wesseling, NRW, Germany
Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG P75, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,859
Originally Posted by planestupid View Post
It may well be that the rules are the same for upgrading with an evoucher (are they??) but the text does not mention evouchers in any way.
Rules are exactly the same. No upgrade from T-class on LX with any instrument other than cold, hard cash (i.e. fare-difference).

Greetings - Dirk
djohannw is offline  
Old Jul 15, 12, 4:05 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Programs: LH Senator, AF Silver, BA Bronze
Posts: 744
Originally Posted by djohannw View Post
Rules are exactly the same. No upgrade from T-class on LX with any instrument other than cold, hard cash (i.e. fare-difference).

Greetings - Dirk
Thank you, Dirk!
planestupid is offline  
Old Aug 15, 12, 8:40 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
Posts: 139
Z and P upgrades

[Somebody moved this part of the thread .... thanks!!!]


So - once again - the question concerning C->F upgrades on LH/LX with e-vouchers:

F upgrades are still possible from Z and P on LX, but not LH? Correct?

Last edited by [email protected]; Aug 16, 12 at 2:09 am Reason: Thread moved
Jan@BRU is offline  
Old Aug 18, 12, 6:32 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: WARSAW , POLAND
Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
[Somebody moved this part of the thread .... thanks!!!]


So - once again - the question concerning C->F upgrades on LH/LX with e-vouchers:

F upgrades are still possible from Z and P on LX, but not LH? Correct?
correct
ariell is offline  
Old Aug 20, 12, 7:13 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,161
Originally Posted by ariell View Post
correct
And this makes the evoucher a particularly solid and appreciated instrument for moving on LX from the C cabin to the F cabin.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Jun 22, 13, 5:54 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 5,161
Can an evoucher be used to upgrade V and/or S class fares to business on Lufthansa? I looked at the link from last year's post but it does seem to only address miles, not evouchers. I am an LH newbie so I don't really undrstand the whole evoucher thing at the best of times. But would like to know if the above is possible and how it's done. Thanks.

Edit to add: this would be inter-continental. Canada to Germany. I found the Q&A so I am reading as I post. It is the class (V, S) to biz that is my question.

Last edited by Finkface; Jun 22, 13 at 6:02 pm
Finkface is online now  
Old Jun 22, 13, 6:03 pm
  #10  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 27,058
Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
Can an evoucher be used to upgrade V and/or S class fares to business on Lufthansa? I looked at the link from last year's post but it does seem to only address miles, not evouchers. I am an LH newbie so I don't really undrstand the whole evoucher thing at the best of times. But would like to know if the above is possible and how it's done. Thanks.

Edit to add: this would be inter-continental. Canada to Germany.
I suggest you check the wiki post at the top of the following thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-merged-q.html
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Jun 22, 13, 6:07 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 5,161
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
I suggest you check the wiki post at the top of the following thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-merged-q.html
Thanks, I edited to add that I had found that but I guess you posted first. I can't seem to find the allowable classes, though. The link in the FAQ takes me to the M&M log in page and I was hoping someone knew the answer as I don't have an M&M account. I can create one but just thought soemone might know.
Finkface is online now  
Old Jun 22, 13, 6:36 pm
  #12  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 27,058
Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
Thanks, I edited to add that I had found that but I guess you posted first. I can't seem to find the allowable classes, though. The link in the FAQ takes me to the M&M log in page and I was hoping someone knew the answer as I don't have an M&M account. I can create one but just thought soemone might know.
The table in the wiki post lists the booking classes from which an upgrade is not possible. If your booking class is not listed, an upgrade is allowed.

Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.
...
On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
LOT Polish Airlines (LO) G, S, T, V, L, O, U, W
SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T
Austrian Airlines (OS) E, L, K, T
Lufthansa (LH) E, K, L, P, T, Z
Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, T
How can you have eVouchers without an M&M account? Are you using someone else's vouchers? By the way, the table quoted above can be accessed without logging into an M&M account.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
(See 4.3.1)
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Jun 22, 13, 6:39 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 5,161
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
The table in the wiki post lists the booking classes from which an upgrade is not possible. If your booking class is not listed, an upgrade is allowed.



How can you have eVouchers without an M&M account? Are you using someone else's vouchers? By the way, the table quoted above can be accessed without logging into an M&M account.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
(See 4.3.1)
Thank you again. When I click on the link, it still takes me to the log in page. Possibly, you have a cookie? The evouchers are not mine but, as I am not an expert on LH, I wasn't sure if the class permitted it. A post from here, #2, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-merged-q.html (your post actually, now that I look again) says S is not one of the permitted classes but on the table you copied, says it is as S is not listed as one of the 'not possible's. That was where my confusion came from. Sorry if this question is bothersome but I can't seem to find the right answer. No problem, I'll create an account and go from there but LH does not make it easy to find answers. I have searched and tried to find it before I posted but I had just hoped an expert from this forum would be ableto help.

Last edited by Finkface; Jun 22, 13 at 7:03 pm
Finkface is online now  
Old Jun 22, 13, 7:06 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 5,161
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
By the way, the table quoted above can be accessed without logging into an M&M account.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
(See 4.3.1)
FYI, when I click on the above link, this is what I get:

Please log in or enrol as a new member
Please enter here your Miles & More service card number and your PIN or your username and password.
Login for Miles & More members
Service card no. / Username
PIN / Password

Remember me
Don't use this option on a public machine
Back Help with login
Login
Enrol now
Not yet a Miles & More member? Don't give away any more miles - enrol now in just a few steps for free!
Why enrol?
To enrolment
Finkface is online now  
Old Jun 22, 13, 7:16 pm
  #15  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 27,058
Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
Thank you again. When I click on the link, it still takes me to the log in page. Possibly, you have a cookie? The evoucheners were offered by a friend but, as I am not an expert on LH, I wasn't sure if the class permitted it. A post from here, #2, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-merged-q.html (your post actually, now that I look again) says S is not one of the permitted classes but on the table you copied, says it is as S is not listed as one of the 'not possible's. That was where my confusion came from. Sorry if this question is bothersome but I can't seem to find the right answer. I'll create an account and go from there but LH does not make it easy to find answers.
That's why upgrade rules are copied in the wiki post. Do you have the FT wiki feature turned off? If it's not turned off it should appear at the top of the eVoucher Q&A thread on every page. If it's turned off click the + sign on the far right of the blue banner which has the text 'Wikipost'.

In order to get to the T&C section of M&M website, select 'Spend miles' > 'Flights' > scroll down to 'Upgrade Awards' and select 'Bookable/excluded tariffs (see '4.3 Special upgrade terms and conditions') ' . You shouldn't need to be logged into the view the page.

Post #2 of the Q&A thread is more than two years old and the rules must have changed in the mean time. Another reason why a wiki post is useful for the latest information.
NewbieRunner is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread