FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Upgrade with evoucher from low economy fare classes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1366160-upgrade-evoucher-low-economy-fare-classes.html)

planestupid Jul 13, 2012 11:45 am

Upgrade with evoucher from low economy fare classes

Are there any intercontinental fare classes on LX that are excluded from upgrade by evoucher? The Miles&More Website is silent on this issue. I'm looking to go from T to business. Thanks, ps

NewbieRunner Jul 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by planestupid (Post 18924023)
Are there any intercontinental fare classes on LX that are excluded from upgrade by evoucher? The Miles&More Website is silent on this issue. I'm looking to go from T to business. Thanks, ps

Silent? Check this page (4.3.1).

Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.

On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
SWISS (LX) E, L, K

On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T

planestupid Jul 14, 2012 1:42 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 18925010)
Silent? Check this page (4.3.1).

Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.

On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
SWISS (LX) E, L, K

On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T

Yes, silent. The section you are referring to is on upgrading with miles. It may well be that the rules are the same for upgrading with an evoucher (are they??) but the text does not mention evouchers in any way. Thank you for your comment anyway. ;)

djohannw Jul 15, 2012 12:51 am

Originally Posted by planestupid (Post 18927371)
It may well be that the rules are the same for upgrading with an evoucher (are they??) but the text does not mention evouchers in any way.

Rules are exactly the same. No upgrade from T-class on LX with any instrument other than cold, hard cash (i.e. fare-difference).

Greetings - Dirk

planestupid Jul 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by djohannw (Post 18931877)
Rules are exactly the same. No upgrade from T-class on LX with any instrument other than cold, hard cash (i.e. fare-difference).

Greetings - Dirk

Thank you, Dirk!

Jan@BRU Aug 15, 2012 7:40 am

Z and P upgrades

[Somebody moved this part of the thread .... thanks!!!]

So - once again - the question concerning C->F upgrades on LH/LX with e-vouchers:

F upgrades are still possible from Z and P on LX, but not LH? Correct?

ariell Aug 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jan@BRU (Post 19126528)
[Somebody moved this part of the thread .... thanks!!!]

So - once again - the question concerning C->F upgrades on LH/LX with e-vouchers:

F upgrades are still possible from Z and P on LX, but not LH? Correct?

correct

TRAVELSIG Aug 20, 2012 6:13 am

Originally Posted by ariell (Post 19148870)
correct

And this makes the evoucher a particularly solid and appreciated instrument for moving on LX from the C cabin to the F cabin.

Finkface Jun 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Can an evoucher be used to upgrade V and/or S class fares to business on Lufthansa? I looked at the link from last year's post but it does seem to only address miles, not evouchers. I am an LH newbie so I don't really undrstand the whole evoucher thing at the best of times. But would like to know if the above is possible and how it's done. Thanks.

Edit to add: this would be inter-continental. Canada to Germany. I found the Q&A so I am reading as I post. It is the class (V, S) to biz that is my question.

NewbieRunner Jun 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 20972017)
Can an evoucher be used to upgrade V and/or S class fares to business on Lufthansa? I looked at the link from last year's post but it does seem to only address miles, not evouchers. I am an LH newbie so I don't really undrstand the whole evoucher thing at the best of times. But would like to know if the above is possible and how it's done. Thanks.

Edit to add: this would be inter-continental. Canada to Germany.

I suggest you check the wiki post at the top of the following thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-merged-q.html

Finkface Jun 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 20972041)
I suggest you check the wiki post at the top of the following thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-merged-q.html

Thanks, I edited to add that I had found that but I guess you posted first. I can't seem to find the allowable classes, though. The link in the FAQ takes me to the M&M log in page and I was hoping someone knew the answer as I don't have an M&M account. I can create one but just thought soemone might know.

NewbieRunner Jun 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 20972055)
Thanks, I edited to add that I had found that but I guess you posted first. I can't seem to find the allowable classes, though. The link in the FAQ takes me to the M&M log in page and I was hoping someone knew the answer as I don't have an M&M account. I can create one but just thought soemone might know.

The table in the wiki post lists the booking classes from which an upgrade is not possible. If your booking class is not listed, an upgrade is allowed.

LOT Polish Airlines (LO) G, S, T, V, L, O, U, W
SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T
Austrian Airlines (OS) E, L, K, T
Lufthansa (LH) E, K, L, P, T, Z
Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, T
How can you have eVouchers without an M&M account? Are you using someone else's vouchers? By the way, the table quoted above can be accessed without logging into an M&M account.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
(See 4.3.1)

Finkface Jun 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 20972136)
The table in the wiki post lists the booking classes from which an upgrade is not possible. If your booking class is not listed, an upgrade is allowed.

How can you have eVouchers without an M&M account? Are you using someone else's vouchers? By the way, the table quoted above can be accessed without logging into an M&M account.

(See 4.3.1)

Thank you again. When I click on the link, it still takes me to the log in page. Possibly, you have a cookie? The evouchers are not mine but, as I am not an expert on LH, I wasn't sure if the class permitted it. A post from here, #2, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-merged-q.html (your post actually, now that I look again) says S is not one of the permitted classes but on the table you copied, says it is as S is not listed as one of the 'not possible's. That was where my confusion came from. Sorry if this question is bothersome but I can't seem to find the right answer. No problem, I'll create an account and go from there but LH does not make it easy to find answers. I have searched and tried to find it before I posted but I had just hoped an expert from this forum would be ableto help.

Finkface Jun 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 2097213)
By the way, the table quoted above can be accessed without logging into an M&M account.

(See 4.3.1)

FYI, when I click on the above link, this is what I get:

Please log in or enrol as a new member
Please enter here your Miles & More service card number and your PIN or your username and password.
Login for Miles & More members
Service card no. / Username
PIN / Password

Remember me
Don't use this option on a public machine
Back Help with login
Login
Enrol now
Not yet a Miles & More member? Don't give away any more miles - enrol now in just a few steps for free!
Why enrol?
To enrolment

NewbieRunner Jun 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 20972151)
Thank you again. When I click on the link, it still takes me to the log in page. Possibly, you have a cookie? The evoucheners were offered by a friend but, as I am not an expert on LH, I wasn't sure if the class permitted it. A post from here, #2, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-merged-q.html (your post actually, now that I look again) says S is not one of the permitted classes but on the table you copied, says it is as S is not listed as one of the 'not possible's. That was where my confusion came from. Sorry if this question is bothersome but I can't seem to find the right answer. I'll create an account and go from there but LH does not make it easy to find answers.

That's why upgrade rules are copied in the wiki post. Do you have the FT wiki feature turned off? If it's not turned off it should appear at the top of the eVoucher Q&A thread on every page. If it's turned off click the + sign on the far right of the blue banner which has the text 'Wikipost'.

In order to get to the T&C section of M&M website, select 'Spend miles' > 'Flights' > scroll down to 'Upgrade Awards' and select 'Bookable/excluded tariffs (see '4.3 Special upgrade terms and conditions') ' . You shouldn't need to be logged into the view the page.

Post #2 of the Q&A thread is more than two years old and the rules must have changed in the mean time. Another reason why a wiki post is useful for the latest information.