Award flight cancelled

Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Gold, Ryanair Banned
Award flight cancelled

Hi all

quick question regarding subject.

I should be flying in 7 hours but my award flight got cancelled (at least this time they informed me before I went to the airport).

I called the US Lufhtansa, because it was the only one working (the German one officially is too, but after 30 minutes of listening to Bach I got kinda bored).

Anyways, I got rebooked and will be ariving to my destination 5 hours later than initially planned. Question is - are award flights any different from regular in terms of getting compensated?

Cheers
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:45 pm

I think it's 6+ hours for you to expect something, but I did get compensated for 24 hours delay. What miles did you use to book?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by fiorinho

Anyways, I got rebooked and will be ariving to my destination 5 hours later than initially planned. Question is - are award flights any different from regular in terms of getting compensated?

Cheers

It does not matter whether you've paid for your ticket with miles, money or peanuts in terms of application of EC passenger rights.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by red star
It does not matter whether you've paid for your ticket with miles, money or peanuts in terms of application of EC passenger rights.
How did it get cancelled. The flight was cancelled OR just your reservation. Where was the flight from/to and what airline
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
How did it get cancelled. The flight was cancelled OR just your reservation. Where was the flight from/to and what airline
How am I supposed to know that??
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
How am I supposed to know that??
I meant (and made it clear in the 2nd line). Was the flight cancelled OR just your reservation?

OP says he was calling LH US office. If travel was just a US domestic flight then he is not due anything. He's lucky they even called him. Most US carriers would never think of doing something to help the passenger like placing a simple call
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:48 am

I meant (and made it clear in the 2nd line). Was the flight cancelled OR just your reservation?
I don't have a cancellation, neither booked nor reservered. I've just answered the OP about the application of EC passenger law whether it makes a difference because he paid with miles. The answer is no.
If you want to know more you need to ask the OP, not me.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:02 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
If you want to know more you need to ask the OP, not me.
I believe it was clear to everyone except to you that he meant to ask the OP. So let's just see if the OP replies.

HTB.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
And no matter was the regulation says, LH will not pay anyway, so the OP should save their time and energy.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
OP says he was calling LH US office. If travel was just a US domestic flight then he is not due anything.
Just to add to this nonsensical thread what makes you think the OP was flying a US domestic flight? To the best of my knowledge LH does not operate any.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
confusing
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
..To the best of my knowledge LH does not operate any.
Maybe that's because it was canceled .....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.