Search

Lufthansa W12 Operation Changes [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Lufthansa Further Reduces Munich – Los Angeles Operations in W12

Acording to http://airlineroute.net/2012/07/10/lh-muclax-w12/

As of 10JUL12, Lufthansa is further reducing Munich – Los Angeles Service. For most of Winter season, the Star Alliance member will operate 5 times a week, instead of previously planned 6 weekly. During slow season from 21JAN13 to 03MAR13, the airline will only operate 3 weekly flights.

Schedule:

LH452 MUC1550 – 1920LAX 346 x26
LH453 LAX2110 – 1730+1MUC 346 x26

From 21JAN13 to 03MAR13, service operates on Day 357 only
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith
LAX must be yet another of the "low yield" destinations.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I think the LH capacity cuts has to do with fleet retrofit with new C and F products and fleet heavy maintenance more than lack of future bookings.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I think the LH capacity cuts has to do with fleet retrofit with new C and F products and fleet heavy maintenance more than lack of future bookings.
MUC-TLV-MUC always had nice loads even in the premium classes how come they will downgrade it to short haul equipment, obviously premium traffic will be lost.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
As do I. AFIK LH is going to step up their retrofits during winter 2012-2013.

On a side note: Interesting to see that there are no reduction on the BKK flights, which some here claim to be LH`s worst performing route...
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Based on the insane D/C/J prices from LAX to FRA/MUC (POS US), good Eco traffic, and steady flow of full fare F rev (Hollywood) its hard for me to believe LAX is a low yield.

More likely for me that with the 747-8 coming to LAX they don't have enough demand to fill 20 weekly flights to DE/CH in JAN/FEB....
Old Jul 11, 2012, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rose9875
Based on the insane D/C/J prices from LAX to FRA/MUC (POS US), good Eco traffic, and steady flow of full fare F rev (Hollywood) its hard for me to believe LAX is a low yield.

More likely for me that with the 747-8 coming to LAX they don't have enough demand to fill 20 weekly flights to DE/CH in JAN/FEB....
There is a ton of traffic westcoast to Bavaria. I think your point on the "insane" D/C/J prices is probably a far larger part of the problem. The Revenue Management changes which have been made at LH are bizarre.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
LH cutting TLV-FRA to A321?!

i noticed that it was published that TLV-MUC will now be in a a320

but today. an israeli website published all flight's from Germany to Israel will be either on A321 or A320

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4254828,00.html

Cut wings: Lufthansa flights to Tel Aviv sub-
"Changes require huge investments in Lufthansa's fleet of aircraft," announced today that the German airline would cut up to 15 percent occupancy in the seats on the Tel Aviv, October already

German airline Lufthansa announced today (Thursday) that significantly cut its flights to Tel Aviv for next October, because of "its efforts to increase the profitability of the global fleet activity."

Cuts will be reflected in a decline of 15 percent of the passenger seat capacity on flights to Israel company aircraft and from aircraft by Airbus 321A transition, they narrow planes - a body.
It should be noted that Airbus aircraft flying to Israel starting in October, are not equipped with entertainment systems in general, as they were wide-body aircraft now flying to and from Tel Aviv.

Surprising move materialized due to future backlog of Lufthansa, which stands at 168 aircraft worth according to the manufacturers price list is about 17 billion euros. In preparation for this multi-year investment, and as part of the company's efforts to increase the profitability of the global fleet activity, it was decided that planes serving long-term lines only on flights operated long-term goals and relatively short lines, such as Frankfurt and Munich to Tel Aviv.
Therefore, from the upcoming winter season (10/28/12), Lufthansa flights from Frankfurt and Munich to Israel (and back) will be operated on - by Airbus 321A planes. Airbus A320 aircraft have been serving the new line from Berlin airport.
However, the company claims that because of changed the type of aircraft, will be earlier night flight from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv daily number of hours to 7:30 pm, which would let its customers to land in around midnight, instead of 3:30 am.

Loftnzh spokesman said in a conversation with Ynet: "Lufthansa and other airlines joining in activities with their narrow-body aircraft. A cut of 15 percent capacity aircraft seats, and the reason is that the company is investing huge sums in new planes and must prepare itself financially for it."
More company said: "The Israeli market has always been and always will be of prime importance for Lufthansa. Intends Lufthansa continue to supplement the array of flights to Israel and her and she'll go to the authorities in Germany to - in order to reopen the air transport agreements between Israel and Germany, so you can add flights on existing lines and open new destinations. company hopes in the near future, it can offer its customers four to five daily flights between Germany and Israel lines "

when i looked at the winter timetable published here. it said TLV-FRA on A330-300...also Expedia shows A330.

so...is LH cutting to A321 TLV-FRA or not?!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Something doesn't make any sense here. It makes sense that LH has decided to operate premimum connecting traffic only via FRA and use MUC and BER (TXL) as mainly O & D traffic flights however not even offering premiim products from FRA would make LH loose a lot of premium custumers. Also the reason the night flight from FRA leaves after 22:00 is to be able to fill the plane with connecting traffic from all over europe, such as business people that work full day in cities such as Paris, London or Amsterdam before flying via FRA to TLV. Not to forget long haul connecting traffice from Asia.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
something weird is going on...

looked at lufthansa.com for flights 13/2/13

22:15Frankfurt 03:10+1Tel Aviv Yafo

still shows 22:15....
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
TLV is HON heavy, so cutting to narrow body, they would anger their loyal base. But maybe the HONs in TLV are low yield ones, so LH decided to save money on that route
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SASDC8
On a side note: Interesting to see that there are no reduction on the BKK flights, which some here claim to be LH`s worst performing route...
BKK is complicated, but to some extent supported, by the onward tags to Saigon and Kuala Lumpur.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by volta
But maybe the HONs in TLV are low yield ones, so LH decided to save money on that route
But why is that funny?

As I posted elsewhere, I think this would a bad move on LH's behalf and I personally know of plenty of Senators who will be very upset about this and would probably take their business elsewhere.

it's been a L/H route for a very long time now so to change it to S/H will not go down well with the regulars.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by volta
TLV is HON heavy, so cutting to narrow body, they would anger their loyal base.
LH is not anymore plan its route network to satisfy the above category of customers
Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by clubman
But why is that funny?

As I posted elsewhere, I think this would a bad move on LH's behalf and I personally know of plenty of Senators who will be very upset about this and would probably take their business elsewhere.

it's been a L/H route for a very long time now so to change it to S/H will not go down well with the regulars.
I'm not an LH regular, but a *A regular. I was planning a trip from TLV-SFO in December, but will likely choose another airline if LH goes to narrowbodies. There's then no advantage to flying LH over DL or US to SFO - in fact more advantage for me flying the US carriers as I'll get upgraded to F on both on the narrowbody flights with real F seats, not just a coach seat with the middle blocked off!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.