Wiki Posts
Search

Z fare

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN for Life
Z fare

Sorry but I haven't kept up on all the Z, P stuff.

If I understood correctly, a Z fare booked (bought?) before Sept.1 still qualifies for 2X mileage even if flight is after Sept 1.

Does that still go for upgrading to F?

Planning to fly in Oct, 2012 and June 2013 and especially looking to upgrade the 2013 flight (4 e-vouchers do to expire in July 2013).

Thanks for the help,

Shofar
PS after not flying LH for quite some time, took a Z fare to Europe and around. Service was excellent, in Bilbao Spain I was treated royally at check in.
On plane service also excellent and the food was good too.

Also they didn't run out of Cognac.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shofar
Sorry but I haven't kept up on all the Z, P stuff.

If I understood correctly, a Z fare booked (bought?) before Sept.1 still qualifies for 2X mileage even if flight is after Sept 1.

Does that still go for upgrading to F?

Planning to fly in Oct, 2012 and June 2013 and especially looking to upgrade the 2013 flight (4 e-vouchers do to expire in July 2013).

Thanks for the help,
Z fare does not qualify for 2X mileage if the flight is after Sept. 1. New rules will apply.

Not sure about evouchers from Z however with miles no way on LH- only on LX with a surcharge. The belief is that evouchers can still be used at least on LX but I don't know for sure (perhaps another expert here will chime in with some official wisdom as opposed to the rumors).
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The belief is that evouchers can still be used at least on LX but I don't know for sure (perhaps another expert here will chime in with some official wisdom as opposed to the rumors).
Official wisdom courtesy of the official SWISS Lurker.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: LX
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Not sure about evouchers from Z however with miles no way on LH- only on LX with a surcharge.
According to the official Swiss Lurker, no surcharge is required for updates from LX P/Z to LX First after 1. September. See link posted by NewbieRunner or the official Terms & Conditions, 4.3.1. here

Last edited by Fotti; Jul 3, 2012 at 4:57 am Reason: Added T&C link
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Official wisdom courtesy of the official SWISS Lurker.
Thank You!

LH just D class and above permittable on 01SEPT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.