FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   red|up OS introduces upgrades for 10k or 149€ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1360916-red-up-os-introduces-upgrades-10k-149-a.html)

oliver2002 Jun 27, 2012 3:17 am

red|up OS introduces upgrades for 10k or 149€

OS copied the successful LX upgrade concept:

http://www.austrian.com/Info/AtTheAi...=AT&sc_lang=en

Interesting is this sentence:

Miles & More Business Class miles for your flight route

TRAVELSIG Jun 27, 2012 3:19 am

Very interesting Oliver if indeed they are now offering the business class miles- however at what level? P? Z? D? It will make a difference.

Nord Jun 27, 2012 3:44 am

I doubt that you would have the same earnings as with LX.

If you would buy the cheapest Y-tickets(Around 100 + 2 x 150 Euros for the upgrade) and then add the 3 x miles campaign on your commuting route that lasts until December, you have a easy 15 000 statusmiles for only around 400 euros intra-europe! It's a to good deal to be OS. Would be nice if someone could have this confirmed, or should I rather say unconfirmed.... : 0

GBM.flights Jun 27, 2012 4:15 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 18828011)
Very interesting Oliver if indeed they are now offering the business class miles- however at what level? P? Z? D? It will make a difference.

Originally Posted by Nord (Post 18828063)
I doubt that you would have the same earnings as with LX.

I smell a M&M con on the Business miles.
This will suffer from the same issue as the upcoming 1SEP downgrade of LX P Biz Savers, which makes the upgrade hard to justify for miles alone.
As TRAVELSIG points out the booking class will make a difference.
From M&M OS earnings taking the example of European destinations International flights:

International flights
Business Class
C D J 2000 miles
Z 2000 miles, 1250 as of 1SEP
P 750 miles
So if it books into P as LX (which I predict) only if one is booked in ELK will this be remotely worth it for the miles. You'd lose(!) miles if booked in Y,B,M.
If it books in Z one would gain for all Y booking classes except Y,B,M.
If it books into C D J then a clear gain and I take all my snarky comments back (which I won't have to)

GBM

oliver2002 Jun 27, 2012 4:50 am

Bad news: just found out via a contact that it books into P. Will send a follow up question on how this is of any benefit in terms of miles...:rolleyes:

hugolover Jun 27, 2012 7:42 am

No doubt one can enjoy the J service. Ah but wait, you can order the meals in Y now for far cheaper, the middle seat is blocked loads permitting anyway, you get access to the SEN lounges which are better than the BIZ lounges, so I suppose its just the "premium beverages for 149!

TRAVELSIG Jun 27, 2012 7:58 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 18828234)
Bad news: just found out via a contact that it books into P. Will send a follow up question on how this is of any benefit in terms of miles...:rolleyes:

It is not a benefit- it is worded in a way which simply confuses the customer.

htb Jun 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 18829064)
It is not a benefit- it is worded in a way which simply confuses the customer.

Yes -- if you complain that you got less mails than you expected based on your economy fare, they can tell you "but we told you so!"...

HTB.

volta Jun 27, 2012 4:20 pm

red|space

But there is another problem

red|space

Austrian is selling emergency exit row seats for 70EU :-(:td:

Skyluke Jun 28, 2012 12:34 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

But until sept 1 is still a good deal, right?!?

davidcito Jun 28, 2012 12:40 am

OS already charges pax for exit row / bulk head seating for quite some time. As SEN you still get them for free (until last time I flew to DXB).

IIRC booking class P only gives full business miles on LX-operated flight until 31.8.2012. On OS/LH you will earn reduced mileage (750) starting from 1.7. (?).
DAvid

TRAVELSIG Jun 28, 2012 3:07 am

Originally Posted by davidcito (Post 18834375)
OS already charges pax for exit row / bulk head seating for quite some time. As SEN you still get them for free (until last time I flew to DXB).

IIRC booking class P only gives full business miles on LX-operated flight until 31.8.2012. On OS/LH you will earn reduced mileage (750) starting from 1.7. (?).
DAvid

LH flights were effective reduced miles with the introduction of the booking class.
OS flights effective 16MAY2012.
LX 01SEPT2012

01SEPT also has the change to:
1000 miles for Z domestic
1250 miles for Z cross-border within EU
150% worldwide
Not possible to upgrade from Z to First Class with miles (no clarification on evouchers) EXCEPT on LX where it will still be possible with a mileage "surcharge" of 20 000 miles per leg
No HON circle mile sfor any flight in eonomy class
Guarantee for business class only for fare class J or C (highest booking class only).

Thinksamuel Oct 5, 2012 5:38 am

Webcheckin and upgrade ebookers/ Austrian?

Hello

I bought a ticket BRU-VIE through ebookers and I was wondering if I can upgrade to business with the web checkin. Also, when upgrading, do I get business miles or the original Y miles?

more4less Oct 5, 2012 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Thinksamuel (Post 19441766)
Hello

I bought a ticket BRU-VIE through ebookers and I was wondering if I can upgrade to business with the web checkin. Also, when upgrading, do I get business miles or the original Y miles?

Hi,

AFAIK, in OS, you get the miles of the original class booked.

davidcito Oct 5, 2012 12:50 pm

RedUp books into P class, meaning 100% miles. Depending what your original booking class was, this may mean more (E,K,L), the same (S to H) or even less (M, Y, B - in theory, would assume they'd book the corresponding 150%, but don't know )
David