Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
BMI?

I just booked a trip FRA-LHR-BHD with LHR-BHD operated by BMI but with Lufthansa flight number. I thought the cooperationhas ended... Any thoughts on this?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
bmi supports LH with wetleases throughout the summer, most flights were replaced though. LH's A32S fleet is badly stretched, the current OS pilot shortage isn't helping either, so this may explain that LH/BA still stick to the BD wetleases for a while.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:12 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alfahund
I just booked a trip FRA-LHR-BHD with LHR-BHD operated by BMI but with Lufthansa flight number. I thought the cooperationhas ended... Any thoughts on this?
According to a recent BMI newsletter:

Flights changing to BA flight numbers.

1. Flights to Belfast, Dublin and Manchester.

From 27 June 2012, bmi (BD) flights to and from these three cities will change to have British Airways (BA) flight numbers.

Customers affected by these changes will be contacted directly.

bmi flights on these routes before 27 June remain unaffected.
If you are flying after 27 June it will be a BMI operated flight with a BA flight number departing from LHR T1. I don't think this was a wetlease. Just a codeshared flight operated by BMI (until 27 June).
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

ah, sorry I misinterpreted the post to say LHR-FRA in BD wetlease. Now, where was that coffee?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by oliver2002
ah, sorry I misinterpreted the post to say LHR-FRA in BD wetlease. Now, where was that coffee?
I don't think LHR-FRA was ever BD wetlease, just MAN-FRA, BHX-FRA and for a short period MAN-MUC. Not sure about BHX-MUC.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:23 am

Don't forget TXL-LHR!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:26 am

And LHR-CGN which might have been pure BD anyway?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
According to a recent BMI newsletter:

If you are flying after 27 June it will be a BMI operated flight with a BA flight number departing from LHR T1. I don't think this was a wetlease. Just a codeshared flight operated by BMI (until 27 June).
Thanks a lot.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just come to FCL in B and I'll get you one for free
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:53 am

Programs: TG ROP *G, KLM FB Gold, LH Silver
I had a flight MAN-LHR-BSL (twice in July) all BMI codeshare LH flight numbers.. contacted by LH on Thursday offered several options, changed to MAN-MUC-BSL
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Got to LHR can't go the Star Alliance Lounge, because BMI is not part anymore and BMI lounge doesn't accept LH status passengers anymore.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by alfahund
Got to LHR can't go the Star Alliance Lounge, because BMI is not part anymore and BMI lounge doesn't accept LH status passengers anymore.
Thought the BMI lounge at LHR is only closed for FTL in Y, but as FTL travelling in C, SEN (any) or HON (any) you should be fine??

Anyway I'll be at LHR again this Friday and I need a sponsor now
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:00 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
Thought the BMI lounge at LHR is only closed for FTL in Y, but as FTL travelling in C, SEN (any) or HON (any) you should be fine??

The BD Great British Lounge is closed to FTL and *G (and, by implication, SEN & HON).

The only way to gain access now is:
BD Silver/Gold on BD flight number (if you can find one shortly)
Travelling in C, BD metal (irrespective of status) and BD/BA flight number
BA Silver/Gold on BD/BA flight number

... I think

Maybe an exception might be made for BD Gold on a BD wetlease for LH - I didn't try a couple of weeks ago on LHR-TXL in Y, only using the *A lounge as a *G.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck

alfahund's *G (HON) card does not give him access to the BMI lounge because it is not a *A lounge any more. He can't get into the *A lounge because he is not flying out on a *A airline.

Anyone in C, SEN and HON can still access the *A lounge provided they are departing on *A.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: LH FTL
In the theme of this thread - what is the deal with BMI tickets available (via travel agents, but not via flybmi.com) for flights operated by LH? Just as an example - MUC-LCY (LH operated by Augsburg Airways) is available on 3 July in the morning for 170€ (app., depending on fees) on BD stock, on LH stock booked from Germany almost 300€ (on LH stock booked via expedia in the US for 215 USD - which is yet another peculiarity) -- this also applies to flights MUC-LHR on LH, where on a BD ticket it is a lot cheaper (talking one-way here) than on LH ticket, with the added peculiarity that I cannot book via LH on single fares I can get via US travel agents (booking class T - wide open availability on expertflyer).

On a sideline - not as important, though -- if I fly with BD ticket on LH metal, which FFP (M&M or BMI) can I credit miles to?

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks for any ideas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.