Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any direct channels to replace LHRelate and LHConnect?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:42 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Any direct channels to replace LHRelate and LHConnect?

I'm stuck with a classic M&M problem that many of you will recognise. Four letters regarding a UA flight that didn't credit have taken us full circle from boarding passes being submitted but mileage credit rejected ("already credited to another FFP"), through two iterations of "boarding passes you have submitted twice do not suffice [...] also need a copy of your ticket or passenger receipt", back to "ticket you have provided does not suffice [...] also need your original boarding passes".

Is there any sensible alternative to giving up?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A team is getting ready to start at the end of summer, but since they learn from previous experience it is not fully functional yet. In the meantime you can use this form: http://www.lufthansa-promotion.de/so..._responseform/

Select 'facebook' as subject and add the FT thread link in the 'blog URL' field. Make sure to add the case reference number about previous communication with LH or M&M.

Alternatively I can PM you the fax number of our long standing angel in Verl...@:-)
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:59 am
IMH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
In the meantime you can use this form: http://www.lufthansa-promotion.de/so..._responseform/
Thanks Oliver; I've given it a shot and will report back. (No fax machine here -- it's 2012! )
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:00 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IMH
Thanks Oliver; I've given it a shot and will report back. (No fax machine here -- it's 2012! )
I´ve found that sending them a fax (and yes, these days you don´t even need to have a fax machine for this anymore ) the most effective way to get a helpful response.

Anyway, good luck IMH, that you will get your problem sorted asap.

DUS
Old Jun 22, 2012, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DUS
I´ve found that sending them a fax (and yes, these days you don´t even need to have a fax machine for this anymore ) the most effective way to get a helpful response.

Anyway, good luck IMH, that you will get your problem sorted asap.

DUS
I used the "contact us" form on lufthansa.com in May for a problem I had with a cancelled flight and involuntary reroute from LGW to LHR which required a 91 GBP taxi fare. They contacted me by telephone within 2 weeks and reimbursed the taxi fare (as they had promised with the INVOL which was due to a cancelled flight at LGW) by TT once I had sent them the receipt from the transfer company.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:14 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I used the "contact us" form on lufthansa.com in May for a problem I had with a cancelled flight and involuntary reroute from LGW to LHR which required a 91 GBP taxi fare. They contacted me by telephone within 2 weeks and reimbursed the taxi fare (as they had promised with the INVOL which was due to a cancelled flight at LGW) by TT once I had sent them the receipt from the transfer company.
Don´t get me wrong, Travelsig, I didn´t say that using the contact form on lh.com is categorically a bad way to communicate with LH. I just wanted to say that in my experience I had more success and usually a significantly more effective communication with LH when sending a fax. With the "Contact us" form, I´ve way too often received email replies with those dreaded pre-defined text blocks which more often than not had nothing to do with my initial message to them.

DUS
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DUS
Don´t get me wrong, Travelsig, I didn´t say that using the contact form on lh.com is categorically a bad way to communicate with LH. I just wanted to say that in my experience I had more success and usually a significantly more effective communication with LH when sending a fax. With the "Contact us" form, I´ve way too often received email replies with those dreaded pre-defined text blocks which more often than not had nothing to do with my initial message to them.

DUS
Agreed completely.

I too miss the amazing service of Michelle and the very quick follow up- as I miss Kassel- however those ships, so to speak, have "set sail"
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:13 am
IMH
Original Poster

OP reporting back: at some point in the past 21 hours the missing flights and associated miles magically appeared in my and my wife's accounts.

Thank you! Excellent service from the social media team and the tip is appreciated, Oliver2002. I've now requested assistance with another issue (an erroneous mileage credit -- not a problem of LH's making this time, but their help is needed to resolve it).

It's good to get my issue resolved, but still frustrating that the normal channels often function so poorly -- if an empowered human being had actually read any of my four (!) letters and spent 20 seconds checking the ETKT record, the file would have been closed months ago. I know from past experience and many other reports that this isn't exactly unusual -- making it a crazy waste of LH resources as well as a source of great frustration for customers.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by IMH
I know from past experience and many other reports that this isn't exactly unusual -- making it a crazy waste of LH resources as well as a source of great frustration for customers.
That will be the main focus of the new team looking after FT: spotting and fixing the reasons why the regular channels don't work. So please don't use the above channel to open new or parallel customer relation tickets. @:-)
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:39 am
IMH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
That will be the main focus of the new team looking after FT: spotting and fixing the reasons why the regular channels don't work.
I really, really hope that happens this time (and look forward to welcoming LHSpot'n'Fix to FT).

please don't use the above channel to open new or parallel customer relation tickets.
I don't feel too naughty asking them for help twice, after their colleagues caused me more than a little frustration this year, but hereby promise that I won't make a habit of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.