Wiki Posts
Search

*G but LH is saying I cannot pre assign premium seating in Y

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
*G but LH is saying I cannot pre assign premium seating in Y

this is very surprising to me (I used to be SEN and maybe this why I did not know this. They said FTL also dont have such priveleges)

is this correct?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:13 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There's got to be some perks left for SEN!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 9:55 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by seaskybound

is this correct?
Yes, only Y/B fares and HON & SEN.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, only Y/B fares and HON & SEN.
At OLCI do they open up? for everyone or only *Gs?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
At OLCI do they open up? for everyone or only *Gs?
*G haven't got any advantage over the general public in terms of seat reservations on LH, just like e.g. SEN flying on UA.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

At OLCI they become part of the 'Q' seats (aka the quiet zone) and still only available to the above, never tried to assign these as *G, so YMMV
Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
*G haven't got any advantage over the general public in terms of seat reservations on LH, just like e.g. SEN flying on UA.
As I started my *A flying crediting M&M I vaguely remember that when I was SEN I could book E+ on UA (am I wrong?)

All this is confusing in general to me as I thought one of the perks of *G was access to better seating across the alliance (emergnecy exits etc)
Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its in the PHM that *G have access to the quiet zone.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 5:29 am

As I started my *A flying crediting M&M I vaguely remember that when I was SEN I could book E+ on UA (am I wrong?)

All this is confusing in general to me as I thought one of the perks of *G was access to better seating across the alliance (emergnecy exits etc)
Ages ago UA used to give E+ seating to *S&*G. That era is long gone. US gives you access to some 'premium' seats as *G but its not published.

Its definitely not a published *A perk. That said the 'preffered' or 'quiet' zone seats on LH aircraft are nothing special, just in the first few rows (which can be a problem on regional service when the curtain is moved) of the cabin and the emergency seats... No extra/wider space like E+ on UA.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Is there any advantage to OLCI as an FTL v. *G in this case?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there any advantage to OLCI as an FTL v. *G in this case?
No.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador/IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ages ago UA used to give E+ seating to *S&*G. That era is long gone. US gives you access to some 'premium' seats as *G but its not published.
I recently booked a Y fare from LHR to LAX on UA online at lufthansa.co.uk with a return leg from JFK via FRA on LH. I was able to select a seat in Economy Plus for me and my partner on the UA flight as part of the booking due to being a *gold status passenger.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StefanVonWochen
I recently booked a Y fare from LHR to LAX on UA online at lufthansa.co.uk with a return leg from JFK via FRA on LH. I was able to select a seat in Economy Plus for me and my partner on the UA flight as part of the booking due to being a *gold status passenger.
Great you were able to select this- perhaps if it is a full "Y" fare this is the reson- *G doesn't help unless it is with UA/CO.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It should be that during OLCI there is an advantage as *G as the quiet zone is open for selection.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by StefanVonWochen
due to being a *gold status passenger.
That wasn't it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.