FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   OS starts Y preorder meal service with Do&Co (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1356564-os-starts-y-preorder-meal-service-do-co.html)

oliver2002 Jun 14, 2012 2:54 am

OS starts Y preorder meal service with Do&Co

Austrian is going all out to offer preorder meals on most of its flights:

http://www.austrian.com/Info/OnBoard...=DE&sc_lang=en

tomashi Jun 14, 2012 6:42 am

Looks nice! Although the 15 Euro price tag seems to be a bit much for some of the items.

But I will certainly give it a try on one of my next flights. As I am a big fan of the Do&Co catering in C this seems to be a very good option to make Eco-trips more enjoyable during Lunch and Dinner hours.

-Tom

ajs123 Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Indeed this looks very nice and I am always in for a schnitzel! ;) The price is comparable to KL's a la carte meals and I bet do&co will be tastier. AF's a la carte meals range from 18 to 28 euros. However, what I really like is that the OS' a la carte option is also available at on short haul, and not just ex-VIE. That's something that AF/KL will take years to implement ...

worldtraveller73 Jun 14, 2012 10:19 pm

This is one thing that I might be willing to pay for.

Several flights catered by DO&CO and haven't been disappointed with a food offering yet.

Its too bad no sample menus are up on the website just yet!!

chrisny2 Jun 18, 2012 10:58 pm

When I log into my booking, I'm offered to purchase a meal in C from VIE-CDG.

They look pretty tasty, especially for shorthaul meals.

LufthansaFlyer Aug 21, 2012 7:13 pm

OS giving away vouchers for DO & CO onboard dining

text from my site earlier today:

Austrian is currently giving away 25 vouchers for use with their ‘DO & CO’ a-la-carte dining program available for those traveling in economy class from Vienna aboard an Austrian operated flight.

Each voucher is good for up to 2 passengers on the same itinerary and allows each passenger to pick from 9 different 3 course entrees. Dining options can be selected at time of booking, up to 36 hours prior to departure or 1 hour prior to departure if you use the “DO & CO” kiosk located in Terminal 3 in Vienna’s airport. Each voucher is valued at €30.

To enter the giveaway, please send an email to [email protected] and indicate your desire to enter. Entries must be received by 31 August.

livefromtuscany Sep 7, 2012 8:23 am

I actually tried the Do&Co meal service on my last flight to Vienna:

On ZRH-VIE I ordered the "cold breakfast" option online. At the start of the official snack/drink service, the tray was brought to my seat (containing a nice big plate of cold cuts, a bowl with fresh fruit, a bowl with yoghurt, a bag of granola, a mini bottle of fresh orange juice, a glass, butter, cloth napkin and metal cutlery; they also brought out a paper bag with 3 warm bakery items - croissant, roll and a "Kornspitz"). Quality was excellent, looked just like on the website - I was very happy!

On VIE-ZRH I decided at short notice and ordered at the Do&Co counter just before the security checkpoints. Orders are taken until 1 hour before departure. They were waiting for a new delivery, so the selection was limited to chicken schnitzel, tapas and child meals. I decided for the schnitzel. The flight was absolutely packed, but everything was flawless - the tray was delivered shortly after they started the snack service (food had to be heated). The tray contained a plate with two big schnitzels, a bowl of potato/cucumber salad, a bowl of chocolate mousse, a glass, small water bottle, the cloth napkin + cutlery and a bag with 3 warm rolls. Food was really plentiful, generous portions, so nothing to complain.

All in all, I can only say: ^
Presentation is excellent, and I feel these 15 EUR were well spent. Will definitely order again.

I do have to get used to getting envious looks by the fellow passengers though :-)

the810 Oct 4, 2012 9:52 am

LH-marketed, OS-operated Y: A la carte meal

I'm on VIE-SIN-VIE itinerary with return flight changing at MUC, so last segment is MUC-VIE. It is operated by Tyrolean and I would love to order A La Carte Meal which is offered on this route (this is very clear from OS website which offered it to me during my dummy booking of same flight). Problem is that since this is LH marketed flight, DO&CO website doesn't seem to allow me my order. Is there any way how to bypass this?

Also, is it possible to order schnitzel also on morning departure? Since I will be connecting from SIN it will be everything but morning for me, however clock will say otherwise :D

LukasVIE Oct 4, 2012 10:11 am

Not sure about the choice of meals but there is a Do&Co counter somewhere in Check-In 3 where you can order your meals until 1h prior to departure

Andriyko Oct 4, 2012 11:05 am

I am not sure that it works the same way with LH but with PS marketed but OS operated flight I can usually get an OS 'operating' PNR which I can then use for seat selection and special meal orders on aua.com. Try checking your reservation on checkmytrip.com and expand information for the OS-operated but LH-market segment - it should give you the OS number (they may be the same though). If it does give you one see if you can use it for meal orders.
BTW - I ordered Do&Co meals on my recent flights to/from Vienna and they were very good.

captainiglo Oct 4, 2012 2:06 pm

LH-marketed, OS-operated Y: A la carte meal

Don't get your hopes up too far:
I had A la Card Food ordered twice, outbound (TXL-VIE) the food was not loaded in VIE, on the return leg I was forgotten, halfway into flight I pressed the FA button but noone cared and when I finally could speak to an FA I was jealled at. End of Story I had less then 10 minutes to enjoy a very well tasting Sushi Meal befor we landed again :-(

the810 Oct 5, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks for all replies.

I've tried checkmytrip, but there's no Austrian PNR. I've tried entering LH PNR and DO&CO accept it, but shows that meal order is not available on my flight, probably because of LH flight code. I guess I just send them e-mail.

TRAVELSIG Oct 5, 2012 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 18780380)
When I log into my booking, I'm offered to purchase a meal in C from VIE-CDG.

They look pretty tasty, especially for shorthaul meals.

I am offered also on longhaul C (VIE-PEK). Is that correct or a website error?

starlicious Oct 6, 2012 10:40 am

For me it worked fine on VIE-TSR and VIE-FRA, with the food being very good. The only downside is that the tray does not offer enough space to place the plastic cups, which you receive before the food.

I think it is a bit disruptive to the service flow of the crew, plus it is extra work. Which is why this good concept will probably never make it into a Lufthansa operated aircraft.

fanb Oct 18, 2012 10:41 am

hi :) I want to try this on my next flight but I cant decide which menu to choose ..any recommendations ? :) Schnitzel is a classic and the chocolate muss(not sure im spelling it right :D ) is the best but I want to try something else too :D.. The price may be a bit much for some of the items , but when you think about it , on a shorthaul european flight you can get a better menu than the C-class people and since the seat is the same its like having a business class for 59 EUR !!! (im flying from sofia where the red ticket is 44 eur).. Just cant decide what menu to book :D ( Also it depends on the load factor for me because in case of overbooking I usually get un upgrade ( Im a FTL) and flights from my destination are often overbooked .. I have time to figure it out till wednesday and i wanted to know your opinion :D ..
I just love AUA :) !