Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS starts Y preorder meal service with Do&Co

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
I found this thread from the search feature and not sure if there is another one, but has anyone tried the A La Carte menu lately? I saw it is possible on my 10am CDG-VIE (traveling in Y) flight and then on VIE-ORD (traveling in C). I'm tempted to try them and do wonder if an additional meal is served in C on my ORD flight.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AznMadSci
I found this thread from the search feature and not sure if there is another one, but has anyone tried the A La Carte menu lately? I saw it is possible on my 10am CDG-VIE (traveling in Y) flight and then on VIE-ORD (traveling in C). I'm tempted to try them and do wonder if an additional meal is served in C on my ORD flight.
Flying longhaul in C there is not really a reason to order from the menu- the food provided (included with your ticket price) for longhaul C is excellent.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Flying longhaul in C there is not really a reason to order from the menu- the food provided (included with your ticket price) for longhaul C is excellent.
I figured as much with my C flight on VIE-ORD. However, I am wondering if it is worth it on CDG-VIE in Y. I will have just gotten off the TG BKK-CDG flight in J on the A380 and have a couple of hours to putter around and go between CDG1 and CDG2D.

If the meal is not served and I have the confirmation, will OS refund me?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I recently had this food on short-haul flights intra-Europe:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21169023-post1301.html

My long haul food:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21169055-post1302.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21169089-post1303.html
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by AznMadSci

The meal served for 15€ is pretty good and exceeds the OS regional C service, go for it!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Is Do&Co a must for long haul Y? I can't seem to find Austrian Y (non-Do&Co) menu, so is this the only option? Is there value in ordering Do&Co?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
OS will feed and water you in regular economy on any flight, no worries. This is just an additional option.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: Marriott PP, Hilton Dia, UA *G, Hyatt Dia
Does anyone know what the menu is like in Y long haul? I have a middle flight VIE-ORD and am trying to see if I should order the schnitzel...
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
This thread is a bit old, but does anyone have recent experiences of this? I'm now on the descent of my VIE-LHR flight, and there has been no sign of the meal that I pre-ordered. The €15 charge came off my credit card, so I assumed it was still a service that they offer, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Did I just get a bad crew who forgot it?

On the plus side, OS's in-flight wifi seems pretty good!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: Miles & More FTL
Originally Posted by Deltus
This thread is a bit old, but does anyone have recent experiences of this? I'm now on the descent of my VIE-LHR flight, and there has been no sign of the meal that I pre-ordered. The €15 charge came off my credit card, so I assumed it was still a service that they offer, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Did I just get a bad crew who forgot it?

I can confirm that the service is still offered. I ordered a meal on my short SPU-VIE flight on April 14th, and it was brought to me promptly. It was very good, I must say.

Either the crew forgot your meal or it wasn't loaded. In either case, you should send an email asking for a refund. Maybe contacting Do&Co directly instead of Austrian may be faster. You could try [email protected]
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Deltus

Did you ask the FA about your meal which you had pre-ordered?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Anderson24
I can confirm that the service is still offered. I ordered a meal on my short SPU-VIE flight on April 14th, and it was brought to me promptly. It was very good, I must say.

Either the crew forgot your meal or it wasn't loaded. In either case, you should send an email asking for a refund. Maybe contacting Do&Co directly instead of Austrian may be faster. You could try [email protected]
Originally Posted by andywaw
Did you ask the FA about your meal which you had pre-ordered?
Thanks both. Yes, spoke to the cabin service manager as I was getting off the plane, and apparently the meal was loaded, but they didn't know where I was sitting! Very confused about that, given Austrian emailed me my boarding pass with my seat number on it about 36 hours before the flight. Apparently they made an announcement, but I never heard one...

I've emailed asking for a refund. I'll be more proactive in going to the galley to get it next time!
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:00 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Agree with the others that it's a good service and I've used it often, without any problems. Only issue is that they haven't changed the selection even the slightest bit since launching it in 2012. They could really do with some variation, it's pretty boring for frequent flyers...
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:02 pm

Can you pre order meals if you booked with Lufthansa? I can't seem to find any confirmation of this. Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
You can find information here: https://www.lufthansa.com/pl/en/a-la-carte

Also, you might want to check out this threat:
Lufthansa introduces “A la carte dining“ meals in Economy and Premium Economy Class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.