Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: LH M+M
Not if they're sleeping.. this taken from 85
https://onemileatatime.com/wp-conten...ss-7478-20.jpg
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:30 pm

Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: *G
Only difference with 84 vs rest of cabin is that what's in front is a serving/prep table rather than the rear shell of row 83 seats
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:25 pm

As much as I love the idea of the Upper Deck, as a solo flyer I suspect I am best off in one of the center seats downstairs--direct aisle access, no one climbing over me and a bit more space between me and my seatmate.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Blocked seats in Business Class......Sorry if this question has been already covered elsewhere, but I have not found the info yet...... in April I am flying on LH 431 (747i) Bus ORD-FRA in Z class....when looking at LH website it looks appears that the first four rows in the upper deck are blocked (presumably reserved for status flyers who potentially will book closer to departure date).... any idea when these seats will become available to others holding confirmed business class tickets?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Brostman
Blocked seats in Business Class......Sorry if this question has been already covered elsewhere, but I have not found the info yet...... in April I am flying on LH 431 (747i) Bus ORD-FRA in Z class....when looking at LH website it looks appears that the first four rows in the upper deck are blocked (presumably reserved for status flyers who potentially will book closer to departure date).... any idea when these seats will become available to others holding confirmed business class tickets?
I seem to recall they are gradually released starting around 7 days out, but I don't actually remember from my last 748 flight.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by findark
I seem to recall they are gradually released starting around 7 days out, but I don't actually remember from my last 748 flight.
Findark.... Thank you for the insight.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by Brostman
IME (verified by attempting identical bookings with and without being logged in with my LH status credentials), there are blocks of desirable seats available to LH status customers that are not available to others, at least until the inventory is put under departure control. Even under DCS, there is always the debate over seat-blocking...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by N1003U
at least until the inventory is put under departure control. Even under DCS, there is always the debate over seat-blocking...
I don't remember exactly when but I was eventually able to select 82K despite having no LH status. It might have been online check-in, but I want to say it was a bit before that.. the other seats around me then turned into op-ups from PE
N1003U likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
A few thoughts from a trip on LH earlier this week. I was flying in 88A (window seat at the back of the upper deck).
  • The upper deck seems to suffer from a lack of overhead stowage since you have two bins for four seats vs. four bins for six seats. While the side lockers should theoretically make up for this, people don't necessarily use the side lockers and larger bags have to go in the overheads, so the overheads fill up quickly. I was late to board, and had to stash my rollaboard up around 85, then fight the flow of traffic to get to it after we arrived.
  • Didn't find foot proximity to be an issue, but you are really close to your neighbor in these seats. My neighbor had some kind of spasm in his sleep and slapped me in the arm while I was eating dinner.
  • The windows on the upper deck are awkwardly positioned, particularly while on the ground. They are somewhat below eye level (unless you're really short) and angled upward, so you can't look out in certain directions without craning your neck (or squatting on the floor). Looking toward the ground while in the air is somewhat easier, but I would much rather have a window on the main deck.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
For a couple:
84 A&C or 83 H&K

nightflight of 13:30h
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Justin Case
For a couple:
84 A&C or 83 H&K

nightflight of 13:30h
I'd probably take 84AC for the bulkhead, but it's a really small difference.
Justin Case likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by findark
I'd probably take 84AC for the bulkhead, but it's a really small difference.
thanks, currently seated at 84AC, but Seats are already under AirPort controle. So wondering if we should change at check in to 83....
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Originally Posted by Justin Case

thanks, currently seated at 84AC, but Seats are already under AirPort controle. So wondering if we should change at check in to 83....
Smaller IFE screens on the flat bulkhead, otherwise I think the seats are the same pitch and width. Angled the same towards each other, as they have to fit with the rest of the cabin

The counter on top is used by crew during meal service, if that something that could bother you.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Agree, as a couple, we had an excellent night flight EZE-FRA in 83A&C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.