Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Seatguru is full of errors - the official Lufthansa seat map shows that 16H does in fact exist.

Link
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:34 pm

Thank You -cool bulkhead.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:54 am

Any idea if middle four seats in row 18 would be better than, say, row 23? More legspace right? Or would there likely be babies in that area?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by coplatsat
Long story short. My seat assignment in economy on UA 8827 operated by LH between FRA and IAD on a 747-800 international is 16h. The seat guru web site does not show this seat. Is it a real seat or an error?
Hi

How was the seat? I have been assigned to 16C on the same
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by seattle29
Seatguru is full of errors - the official Lufthansa seat map shows that 16H does in fact exist.

Link
I emailed seatguru last month to alert them to their deficiency. They responded they were aware and were working on updating it... Until then, has anybody actually flown on this configuration and can comment on row 18?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by northernlights1
I emailed seatguru last month to alert them to their deficiency. They responded they were aware and were working on updating it... Until then, has anybody actually flown on this configuration and can comment on row 18?
I will be flying this config on Friday 1st and Sunday 10th. assigned seat 21H and 16K. Will take pics and post as soon as I can.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:25 am

Business and Eco seats LH 747-8

I flew the LH 748 to delhi. Unfortunately icant comment on row 21 as i got an op up to C on the outward leg. Was seated in the upper deck, and the seat as such is great, sleep is comfortable and no danger of footsies with seat neighbour. Note - if seat neighbour snores loudly, use the provided earplugs, plus your bose noise cancellation over ear headphones, and you might, not in my case, not hear them

Seat 16k

Actually a great seat to sleep in. Panel next to head is without window, so pillow places comfortably against the wall. 16H has more leg room that J and K as the bulkhead ends by the middle seat, but you have the annoyance of the separating curtain over your feet.

16k is not suited for people taller than 1.8 meters or 6 feet. I am 1.7 tall, and could just stretch my legs comfortably, but anyone taller will sart to feel cramped.

I also checked out seat 22K and while you can stretch your legs, it was a bit noisy with the toilets. Avoid the seats in front, while you have extra legroom, you have to sleep upright.

Thats all for now
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by nswat
I flew the LH 748 to delhi. Unfortunately icant comment on row 21 as i got an op up to C on the outward leg. Was seated in the upper deck, and the seat as such is great, sleep is comfortable and no danger of footsies with seat neighbour. Note - if seat neighbour snores loudly, use the provided earplugs, plus your bose noise cancellation over ear headphones, and you might, not in my case, not hear them

Seat 16k

Actually a great seat to sleep in. Panel next to head is without window, so pillow places comfortably against the wall. 16H has more leg room that J and K as the bulkhead ends by the middle seat, but you have the annoyance of the separating curtain over your feet.

16k is not suited for people taller than 1.8 meters or 6 feet. I am 1.7 tall, and could just stretch my legs comfortably, but anyone taller will sart to feel cramped.

I also checked out seat 22K and while you can stretch your legs, it was a bit noisy with the toilets. Avoid the seats in front, while you have extra legroom, you have to sleep upright.

Thats all for now
This is very helpful, thank you. When you say "Avoid the seats in front, while you have extra legroom, you have to sleep upright," do you mean the seats in Row 21 don't recline?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Frank060574
Hi

How was the seat? I have been assigned to 16C on the same
I don't fly it until Monday, 2-18.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by hoopics
This is very helpful, thank you. When you say "Avoid the seats in front, while you have extra legroom, you have to sleep upright," do you mean the seats in Row 21 don't recline?
I think they might recline, but you cannot lean to the side as there is a seat missing in K. They seem to have added those seats as an afterthought rather than by intent. At least that was my impression.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Upper deck seats for party of 4

Which is the best combination for a party of 4? We currently have 85 A/C/H/K. Would 85 A/C and 86 A/C be better? What about row 88, any one have experience with them? Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:48 am

Hello,

Any reports of 18D-G relative to 16 in terms of leg room?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Mrs FlyinDutchman and myself recently had seat 86HK. The upper deck is absolutely lovely. It's feel is very spacious. The extra stowage space on the sides is great. Its location is more towards the back of the cabin with one lavatory in the back. I must say I never heard it, so no disturbance from that. Will choose these seats again.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
where is the 748i flying in April?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
where is the 748i flying in April?
DEL/IAD/LAX/HKG and soon MIA/ORD/MEX:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-new-post.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.