Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:15 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
OK, same question "over here".

You report that Business class pax often used the first class lavatories and that the "solution" was to lock the toilets from the outside. First class passengers were then instructed on how to unlock the toilets and let themselves in.

How did you make sure that the toilet wasn't actually occupied? Or how comfortable did you feel on the toilet knowing that any of the other passengers might just unlock the toilet assuming it was empty?

HTB.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Great report!

I had a great time on my flight on the 747-8i - I was only pax in F!
Great report and pictures, as well. May I suggest you add it to the trip report section on FT if you have not already.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by htb
OK, same question "over here".

You report that Business class pax often used the first class lavatories and that the "solution" was to lock the toilets from the outside. First class passengers were then instructed on how to unlock the toilets and let themselves in.

How did you make sure that the toilet wasn't actually occupied? Or how comfortable did you feel on the toilet knowing that any of the other passengers might just unlock the toilet assuming it was empty?

HTB.
At least on the 747-8i the flight attendant takes the curtain, opens a galley cabinet, puts edge of curtain in the cabinet and closes the cabinet on the edge of the curtain. you have to make a real effort to try and get the curtain to fold back. whats nice on the 747-8 is the one side of the curtain is integrated into its own storage area so they only have to clip one side of the curtain. It seemed to have worked perfectly.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
to me it looks like The F class on the 748 looks is on par with the A380 ^
IMHO I would give the 748 the edge because of it being in the nose of the 748, and with its narrowing, gives a very private feel. again, IMHO. Not to mention the slight advantage of the lighting system and the really slick window shade controls.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:44 pm

What a great report, made all the better owing to your having the cabin all to yourself for picture-taking!

Thanks very much!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
What a great report, made all the better owing to your having the cabin all to yourself for picture-taking!

Thanks very much!
You're welcome. I think it was certainly a once in a lifetime scenario. A new plane on its 3rd scheduled trip to the US and being alone in an F cabin is not something that will likely happen again....until maybe the 747-9i.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Fabulous report...thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Flew F the other day IAD-FRA. Had same problem with Business passengers using the F restrooms such that F passengers were lined up waiting to use them. FA did start to lock them. On AirFrance - a J passengers could get arrested if they used an F restroom.

Also - the internet does not work yet. Panasonic is installing per the FA - but it is not yet operational.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
You're welcome. I think it was certainly a once in a lifetime scenario. A new plane on its 3rd scheduled trip to the US and being alone in an F cabin is not something that will likely happen again....until maybe the 747-9i.
Lol.. so you won't be the only person as by then you probably have to get some help from nursing service
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised LH decided to put overhead bins, as they didn't do so on the A380.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 9:46 am

I have seen business class passengers trying to use the F class bathrooms on A 340/ A 330. This was stopped quickly politely but firmly by the cabin crew. Maybe too many of the c-calls paxx still recall the old bathrooms not knowing that on the 747-8 the nose section is F.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Another thing to note is the Shoulder Belts in F - which are required during take off and landing (think auto shoulder belts). Suppose to be due to the angle of the nose. Not sure if Business has them. I don't think Y would.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
In C they are at row 10.
Ok, so they have changed my flight to the 747-8i (Yey!!! )

They have allocated 10H and 10G weirdly to me and my wife. We have our infant daughter with us. 10D is available.

Would i be better off in 10D and 10G?? Does that pair have a bassinet? And finally, does anyone have any pics of that row?

Thanks...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:33 am

Where to sit on the 748i

Hello. I did a quick search and didn't find an answer, so I though I'd post here. Does anyone know if the new LH 747-8 has individual air vents in C? Thanks for any info you can share.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:31 am

I was in 2A, which was fine, but the flight only had 3 pax in F. Bear in mind that the center of this row has the magazine rack and serving station, so depending on the load and the timing of the flight, it could interfere a bit with privacy (although the screen up works well). Nex time, I think I'd go for row 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.