Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 5:08 am

Programs: NZ*E,SQ ,QF IC AMB Plat, hltn gold
no surprise

They promised me my eye glasses that I left on a internal gernay flight o be available next day haha. Everyone knew nothing the next day
Old Jul 26, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: AA CO DL
Originally Posted by omelnikov
Left Bose headphones and iPod video on a plane couple days ago.
Sent an e-mail to [email protected]
No reply so far...

What's the next step?

Thank you
o
Perhaps a set of ear plugs and doing the crossword would be cheaper...a few memory routines might help. You're not secret service are you? I hear they sometimes even leave their side arms on board.

....sorry, could not help myself, I am in a mood in Hong Kong !
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by omelnikov
Left Bose headphones and iPod video on a plane couple days ago.
Sent an e-mail to [email protected]
No reply so far...

What's the next step?

Thank you
o
The email looks like it is some "service center" from Lufthansa. Search this forum, especially in the last few days, more contact details of Lufthansa AND Frankfurt airport have been made available reagarding your concern.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum, Mileage Plus 1P
Question Can not find new FRA or LH contact info

Thank you Supermasterphil!
After 1h of searching this forum - wtill can not find any new contact info in addition to the lost property e-mail that I've used before.
Can you please point me to the right thread if it's not too much hussle for you.

Thank you!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:16 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...es-flight.html

post 19

The above thread is currently on page 3 (with my browser settings), so not too hard to find
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Merged the relevant threads to keep the information together.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

After reading these threads and helping out here and there; I fell victim to the same problem: left behind my camera behind while deplaning in MUC

MUC is pretty well organised: LH doesn't handle it themselves, but MUC Airport does it for them: http://www.munich-airport.de/en/cons...=visit_2405477

Talking to the guy(s) there, I found out that they store and process 5-10 ipads each day

My camera was not found, but they told me where the aircraft went after that, so the quest continues...
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:56 pm

Lost an iPad while travelling from Stockholm to Berlin on the 11th of june. Contacted both Lufthansa and the Tegel Lost & Found several times while staying in Berlin the following week but without any luck. I've tried mailing Lufthansa several times at [email protected] but have yet to receive a reply.

Called LH today and they said they had no lost iPads from that flight reported. I saw someone posting the phone numbers to Lufthansa at Tegel a page back so I guess I'll try those tomorrow. Does anyone know if there's some other lost & found department I can contact?

Or does anyone know if there's anything else I can do in general? I hade find my iPad activated so I've been trying to locate it that way but it requires the iPad to be connected to a Wi-Fi network.

(Most frustrating thing is that I reported I had forgotten the iPad to an airport agent just minutes after leaving the plane, however she misread the ticket I gave her so the personnel she called ended up searching the wrong plane).
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:21 pm

Help! Left iPad on Lufthansa plane!

Originally Posted by Currybullen
Called LH today and they said they had no lost iPads from that flight reported.
Last week I also left my iPad on a Lufthansa flight (LH 325) from Venice to Frankfurt. I have already emailed them several times with no reply, and the phone number for Lufthansa's Frankfurt Lost and Found (496969021291) seems to be broken or something.

I saw that you called Lufthansa and they told you whether they had found an iPad on that flight. Do you still have the contact information/phone number for Lufthansa? Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:56 am

Remember the golden rule is to contact LH at the airport where you deplaned for lost items. Spamming FRA L&F for items left on flights to Berlin will be fruitless.

The FRA and MUC L&F seem to be inundated with repeated requests and their response time is terrible because of this. It seems 2 in 3 passengers leave something behind:

Ehering vergessen
Zwei Drittel der Fluggäste vergessen etwas im Flugzeug. Dies
ergab eine Umfrage der Flugsuchmaschine ,Skyscanner‘, an der
700 Verbraucher teilnahmen. Erstaunlich ist, dass fünf Passa -
giere sogar ungewollt ohne Ehering das Flugzeug verlassen.
Das musste dem Partner anschließend wohl gut erklärt werden.
Am ersten Platz steht das Buch, gefolgt vom Mobil telefon. Auf
Platz drei finden sich Zeitschrift und Zeitung wieder, die Passagiere
ohnehin im Flieger nach dem Lesen zurück lassen. In der
Sitztasche leicht zu übersehen sind Tablet-Computer, die drei
Prozent aller Befragten in der Maschine vergessen haben. Danach
kommen Sonnenbrillen, Kleidung, Kopfhörer, Reise pässe
und Kameras. Es folgen Lebensmittel, Spielkonsolen, Handtaschen
und Spielzeug auf dem letzten Platz.
The original Scyscanner article: http://www.skyscanner.net/news/artic...on-planes.html
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
After reading these threads and helping out here and there; I fell victim to the same problem: left behind my camera behind while deplaning in MUC

MUC is pretty well organised: LH doesn't handle it themselves, but MUC Airport does it for them: http://www.munich-airport.de/en/cons...=visit_2405477

Talking to the guy(s) there, I found out that they store and process 5-10 ipads each day

My camera was not found, but they told me where the aircraft went after that, so the quest continues...
Did you get your camera back?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:43 am

Sadly, no. It was not found in MUC, so they tried IST, where it had a night stop. Unsurprsingly it was not found there either. Then a message went to DME to see if they found it. Yesterday DME confirmed they had not found it. So a Nikon S6100 bought about one year ago bites the dust. Lost about 20 pictures (including some LH catering) Not as bad as earlier this year when we lost our (5 year old) video camera that I had not backed up for 6+ months. Its not the camera but the content that really hurts.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its not the camera but the content that really hurts.
Must have been some really bad catering, I guess.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:34 am

Contacted Tegels Lost & Found today, (their number is 0049 3041 0123 15 by the way) but no luck again. Tried calling Lufthansa at Tegel on 0049 3088 7565 10 as well but they never seem to answer.

Still can't fathom the ridiculousness of how it could take over 12 hours before I could get in contact with Lufthansa about the whole thing despite realizing I had left the iPad just five minutes after landing.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:30 pm

Lost and Found Munich Airport for LH/LX items forgotten ON BOARD

Thanks- couldn't find that myself! LX lost and found process is awful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.