Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:01 pm

Left my ipad on the seat

Hi,
I flew with flight LH 1237 from Vienna to Frankfurt on 14of Sept and i left on my seat 034A ipad white mini apple in multicolour case.
I would be grateful if you can reach me whether you found my ipad.
Never happened to me before-soo stupid((
If you could help me out where I can call or send my query, inwould be soo happy in this ....
Many thanks in advance.
Alex
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Retrieving left smartphone from FRA

I made the mistake of leaving my smartphone on an LH 744 last week. Luckily for me, their cleaning crew found and turned in my phone, so it's just a matter of returning it to me as I have already left Germany. However there is a hiccup, as per this e-mail excerpt:

Due to Customs regulations we are not allowed to send electronic devices outside European Union and GUS countries.

Please authorize a shipping agent of your choice (DHL, FEDEX, United Parcels, etc) to pick up your item at: <address at Frankfurt am Main>
Has anyone done this before? I suspect I would need to call DHL in Frankfurt since they need to retrieve the package to mail, and it almost means I don't have the dimensions or weight of the package to set up a shipping airbill. And I don't speak German even though I could call via Skype.

Also, the mention of customs is a bit of a concern since I carried the phone with me. I have my purchase receipt from Google to prove it, but don't know how to relay that information to US Customs to avoid duty (or to UPS/DHL from automatically assessing it and adding it to my shipment price).

As a backup option, I could try and have it shipped to my wife's cousin in Bavaria, to have her ship it back to me. Is this going to be the best option?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I am presuming that you are located in the US based on the context of your post.

This is pretty routine. Simply call FedEx here in the US, let them know the make and model + pickup address, give them a CC and they will handle the rest. The Customs declaration will simply state that it is a used cell phone retrieved from lost & found. Unless it is self-evidently brand new, it won't be an issue. It is remotely possible that FedEx will require you to sign an International airbill in advance and, in that case, they will make those arrangements. Most likely is that the item is delivered to you with a signature required.

Having the item delivered to your sister in Bavaria and then having her ship it to you won't be any easier and merely adds a step and one more thing to go wrong.

Last edited by Often1; Dec 17, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Thanks, Often. I didn't know I could call a US-based office for this.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:29 pm

Had a not-so-great experience with Lost and Found items on LH:

Back in November, I was sitting in 1A ORD-FRA. I left a shopping bag behind inside the ottoman, which contained a new shirt I bought earlier in the day, a bottle of wine I bought at duty-free and the Rimowa kit. I realized my mistake just as I passed immigration.

Got to the FCT as quick as possible and told the PA what had happened. Later, she told me that the cleaners had already boarded - so I should contact FRA Lost and Found. Sure enough, a few days later after calling/e-mailing them, I got a standard canned letter that nothing had been found. I was disappointed that the cleaners probably just threw the bag out.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 2:37 am

Losst Mobile

Originally Posted by Currybullen
Lost an iPad while travelling from Stockholm to Berlin on the 11th of june. Contacted both Lufthansa and the Tegel Lost & Found several times while staying in Berlin the following week but without any luck. I've tried mailing Lufthansa several times at [email protected] but have yet to receive a reply.

Called LH today and they said they had no lost iPads from that flight reported. I saw someone posting the phone numbers to Lufthansa at Tegel a page back so I guess I'll try those tomorrow. Does anyone know if there's some other lost & found department I can contact?

Or does anyone know if there's anything else I can do in general? I hade find my iPad activated so I've been trying to locate it that way but it requires the iPad to be connected to a Wi-Fi network.

(Most frustrating thing is that I reported I had forgotten the iPad to an airport agent just minutes after leaving the plane, however she misread the ticket I gave her so the personnel she called ended up searching the wrong plane).
Old Aug 13, 2016, 2:44 am

Lost Mobile Red MI Note 3, 32 GB in lufthansa flight 0756 from berline to frankfurt

Lost Mobile Red MI Note 3, 32 GB in lufthansa flight 0756 from berline to frankfurt dated 11th August 2016, which was a connecting flight to frankfurt to mumbai. Lodged complaint at lufthansa lost & found. Hopefully I will found it.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:32 am

lost my mobile

I lost my mobile in Lufthansa Flight LH 183 from Berline to Frankfurt on 11th August 2016. I have purchased it two three months back only. I realy need it because my all photographs of the trip are in the cell phone.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:52 am

I have posted that I lost my mobile Red MI Note 3 in Lufthansa Airlines Flight No. LH 183 on (11th August ) I correct myself the date is 10th August. The flight was from Berlin to Frankfurt
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: LH SEN
Accidently left an item on LH411 last night - JFK-MUC (D-AIHB). Is Munich airport lost and found, or Lufthansa the correct place to contact?

Thanks,

Aidan
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The L&F of things left in the cabin of LH flights is handled by Munich Airport. But not the regular L&F of the airport. Let me know if you need their phone number.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:14 am

Smile Request Number of Munich Lost and Found

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The L&F of things left in the cabin of LH flights is handled by Munich Airport. But not the regular L&F of the airport. Let me know if you need their phone number.
Dear Oliver,

I would LOVE the number of the Munich Lost and Found for Items found on the plane -- I sadly left my iPhone on (and I fly 20 trips a year from work and have never done so before) and am trying to reach someone in Munich.

It was an early morning flight from NAP on Lufthansa and the flight was late so I rushed to the next flight realizing it fell out of my bag (most likely on the floor). I'm mad at myself because I normally keep it in my hand once we land but I was tired . . . and thinking I'll just check it in LA.

Thank you! Pam
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:11 am

Email received iphone found

For everyone's information -- I sent a general email to the airline in Munich -- T2 and they forwarded my email to the correct email. Good news! The cabin crew picked up my phone -- I received the email within 24 hours. Thank goodness: Here is the info -- I'm arranging shipment now and will keep everyone up to date!

Sand Baggage Service e. K.
on behalf of Lufthansa German Airlines
Terminal 2, Arrivalarea North, Level 03, Room 4660
85356 Munich Airport
Fax: +49 89 97592819
Email: [email protected]
daily 06:30 – 23:00 h

These are the wonderful people that forwarded my email:

Lost and Found
Business Division Aviation
Terminal and Passenger Service
Direct +49 89 975 21470
Telefax +49 89 975 21476
[email protected]

Looks like email communication to cabin [email protected] is the best way to reach.

Originally Posted by Pam Ellen Hudson
Dear Oliver,

I would LOVE the number of the Munich Lost and Found for Items found on the plane -- I sadly left my iPhone on (and I fly 20 trips a year from work and have never done so before) and am trying to reach someone in Munich.

It was an early morning flight from NAP on Lufthansa and the flight was late so I rushed to the next flight realizing it fell out of my bag (most likely on the floor). I'm mad at myself because I normally keep it in my hand once we land but I was tired . . . and thinking I'll just check it in LA.

Thank you! Pam
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:38 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pam Ellen Hudson
For everyone's information -- I sent a general email to the airline in Munich -- T2 and they forwarded my email to the correct email. Good news! The cabin crew picked up my phone -- I received the email within 24 hours. Thank goodness: Here is the info -- I'm arranging shipment now and will keep everyone up to date!
Welcome to FlyerTalk and thanks for posting the good news! I'm glad to hear you are getting your phone back.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:45 am

Passenger who flew in first Delhi to Frankfurt Sunday 25th September: You left a bag on board. I notified cabin crew and they sent it to L&F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.