Does Senator Waitlist Award work with SN?

Old May 15, 12, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, AF Silver, BA Bronze
Does Senator Waitlist Award work with SN?

Dear all, a Senator Service agent told me that the intercontinental SN flight I wanted to book for November was "closed for award bookings" even though there is plenty of availability even in Z. I thought that as long as there is availability in D Senators can get a seat through a Revenue Management enquiry. Am I right? Thanks, ps
Old May 15, 12, 12:13 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Theoretically the SEN WL works with LH & SN only... the agents should offer it... not all know SN participates in the WL system. Today I called the German SEN number (and landed up in IST) for an LH WL, she tried to WL without even asking me.
Old May 15, 12, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

The problem was NOT that the agent didn't know about the SEN waitlist system - he did. He said SN flights are eligible for SEN waitlist enquiries but this particular flight was "closed for award bookings". Does SN block flights even though they are wide open, including Z?
Old May 16, 12, 2:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It could be that he/she saw IC, which indicates that even WL is not allowed any more.
Old Oct 24, 18, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Bump. Does anyone know if SEN waitlist can be used for a booking that contains other airlines? Specifially, I am looking at BRU-DSS-ADD. Dakar to Addis on Ethiopian is available most of the time whereas on Brussels-Dakar business award seats are scarce as hen's teeth and the only way forward would be SEN waitlist. Thank you for any insights. ps
Old Oct 24, 18, 5:11 pm

Programs: Miles & More
Originally Posted by planestupid View Post
Dear all, a Senator Service agent told me that the intercontinental SN flight I wanted to book for November was "closed for award bookings" even though there is plenty of availability even in Z. I thought that as long as there is availability in D Senators can get a seat through a Revenue Management enquiry. Am I right? Thanks, ps
The Senator Premium Award is what you referring to.. but it must be booked 30 days in advance and requires 150% of the regular award, however.
The Senator Waitlist is valid for LH flights only... SN was included many years ago, but a technical error between SN and Miles & More persists and there is little indication that it will be corrected.
Old Oct 24, 18, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by planestupid View Post
Bump. Does anyone know if SEN waitlist can be used for a booking that contains other airlines? Specifially, I am looking at BRU-DSS-ADD. Dakar to Addis on Ethiopian is available most of the time whereas on Brussels-Dakar business award seats are scarce as hen's teeth and the only way forward would be SEN waitlist. Thank you for any insights. ps
So long as the other airline is not married with the Lufthansa segment and the agent you speak to knows how to book the combination. FYI... the SEN Waitlist no longer works for SN, only LH
Old Oct 25, 18, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Bummer that waitlist is no longer available for SN. Any hints as to what could be the secret to getting Business award seats to or from Africa on SN? I've looked at Dakar, Conakry, Accra, Kigali and Kinshasa for Feb or Mar but haven't found a single Seat .....
Old Oct 25, 18, 11:34 am

I'm not very familiar with their network, but after checking... Brussels Airlines apparently does not offer business class for award travel to DKR, CKY, ACC, KGL or FIH.

To be clear, Economy class (X) is displayed whereas Business (I) is nowhere to be found.

Last edited by LHMMUS; Oct 25, 18 at 11:35 am Reason: grammar

Search this Thread
Search Engine: