Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounge access for United Club Member

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Kat007
Has anyone used One-time United Club pass in FRA?
Yes.

But there is no RCC/UC in Franfurz anymore.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K (plus a few others)
Originally Posted by gusd
The tower lounge is both a SEN and business lounge as far as I know.
That's correct.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I am @ MUC right now. I have no idea what shengen is, but the lady at the sen/bus lounge counter mentioned it.

we flew bos-lhr on AA and connected to MUC headed to FAO. stil have not presented our passports anywhere, which is weird.

anyways, the lady said the club card doesn't get us in but that she will make an exception this time.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Maybe it's time to read about what Schengen means for showing your passport.... that's one of the things that makes travel worthwhile, trying to learn something about the places you visit.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by RTW1
Maybe it's time to read about what Schengen means for showing your passport.... that's one of the things that makes travel worthwhile, trying to learn something about the places you visit.
Jesus dude, a bit harsh don't you think? I hardly think investing time for a connection is worth wild, since, you know, I'm here for 2 hours.

I know what makes travel worth wild, thank you very much. I'd suggest you do a little soul searching to tame that ego of yours

edit: so I read up on it ... answered why I didn't show my passport. never heard of it before today and I've been to EU countless times

Last edited by stupidzbu; Aug 18, 2012 at 9:45 am
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sorry.... nothing harsh was intended.

It's just amazing that you take the time to post about not knowing what Schengen is and being amazed of not having to show your password, and then not taking about a minute of your time to google the term and learning what the travel situation is in the countries you're visiting. It even extends all the way to FAO :-).
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:46 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
so I read up on it ... answered why I didn't show my passport. never heard of it before today and I've been to EU countless times
btw Schengen and EU are not synonymous.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
btw Schengen and EU are not synonymous.
Nice one. For extra points can you name the non-EU Shengen countries? I'll give you the easy one, Switzerland.

A little sympathy for the OP, if you're a US citizen you an basically fly into Europe and travel around to your heart's content. The term "Schengen" only comes up when you need a "Schengen visa" (or are a fan of treaties). If you don't need the visa you can just go on about your business, blissfully unaware. Why worry about such things if you don't have to? Just because we obsessed FTers can't imagine not sharing our obsession with travel minutiae doesn't mean such a stance is unreasonable. To the OP I say "rock on".
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
I'm not sure learning the ins and outs of the Schengen Treaty is an example of the kinds of rewarding things you learn about other countries from travel. Food, geography, language, culture, history, sure. Treaties?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
UA Club membership gets you into the business and SEN lounges in JFK/FRA/MUC,

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...affiliate.aspx

but without the actual card you are semi-SOL. Try to get a document stating you have a UA club membership that looks official otherwise life will be not so good.
I don't think this is a careful reading of the website. The UC membership gets you into "business class" lounges. With LH that is the business lounge. The SEN lounge is for Senators (if you're elected to the US Senate, can you get in?), *A golds, and F passengers on lessor *A carriers. The business lounge is for business class customers who don't rate the SEN lounge some other way. I'm always amazed they let *A golds in, and let us us the F checkin. Not complaining, nosiree.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Boghopper
Nice one. For extra points can you name the non-EU Shengen countries? I'll give you the easy one, Switzerland.
Also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. EU countries which are not in Schengen are the UK and Ireland.

A little sympathy for the OP, if you're a US citizen you an basically fly into Europe and travel around to your heart's content. The term "Schengen" only comes up when you need a "Schengen visa" (or are a fan of treaties). If you don't need the visa you can just go on about your business, blissfully unaware. Why worry about such things if you don't have to?
I'm not sure learning the ins and outs of the Schengen Treaty is an example of the kinds of rewarding things you learn about other countries from travel. Food, geography, language, culture, history, sure. Treaties?
Because this is FT and the M&M forum. If you fly through airports such as FRA, MUC an ZRH, knowing whether your origin or destination is in Schengen or non-Schengen makes a lot of difference even for holders of passports which do not require a visa to enter Schengen. You will understand, for example, whether you can access certain lounges without going through passport control.

You will appreciate this if you look at the FRA connection thread, MUC connection thread, ZRH connection thread or the FCT/FCL FAQ thread, which are full of questions and answers about Schengen/non-Schengen lounges.

The Schengen treaty is about making the movement of people between the member countries easier and some foreign nationals are privileged to benefit from the treaty and are able to travel through many countries of Europe to their heart's content.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: A3*G, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. EU countries which are not in Schengen are the UK and Ireland.
Add Cyprus, Romania and Bulgaria to the list of non Schengen EU members
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Egor
Add Cyprus, Romania and Bulgaria to the list of non Schengen EU members
But they will join Schengen at a later date.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: A3*G, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
But they will join Schengen at a later date.
For Cyprus this date would be after resolution of intra-Cyprus conflict - which I do not foresee in the near future
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:06 pm

Because this is FT and the M&M forum. If you fly through airports such as FRA, MUC an ZRH, knowing whether your origin or destination is in Schengen or non-Schengen makes a lot of difference even for holders of passports which do not require a visa to enter Schengen. You will understand, for example, whether you can access certain lounges without going through passport control.

You will appreciate this if you look at the FRA connection thread, MUC connection thread, ZRH connection thread or the FCT/FCL FAQ thread, which are full of questions and answers about Schengen/non-Schengen lounges.

The Schengen treaty is about making the movement of people between the member countries easier and some foreign nationals are privileged to benefit from the treaty and are able to travel through many countries of Europe to their heart's content.
Oh, I understand completely. I've gotten into the weeds lots of times planning out every move in the airport, which lounges, where there's passport control and where there's not. I know all about the Schengen Treaty, but for somebody who travels now and then it's not worth bothering for the four times it's going to matter. Here's the horrible consequence of such ignorance: "oh, passport control? OK". Wait a bit, a couple of stamps, and continue on your merry way.

I'm just saying for the average joe (who is allowed to grace this sacred forum) it's all a bit much. So cut them some slack. Not everybody wants to be bothered, life is fully of many equally important things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.