Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:49 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by GlobalNomad
I really hope the situation improves once all those e-Vouchers expire at the end of this year.
IIRC, the only eVouchers that are about to expire are the ones left over from pre-Covid that have been extended until Dec 31, 22.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 11:11 pm

Does anyone know if Lufthansa is releasing any first class awards for HKG at all? I see a totally empty cabin (8 unbooked seats) for FRA-HKG on 8 April, but am not seeing any award availability on *A partners' FFPs. Wondering if there's any award available for Miles&More members as well.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by yuayua
Does anyone know if Lufthansa is releasing any first class awards for HKG at all? I see a totally empty cabin (8 unbooked seats) for FRA-HKG on 8 April, but am not seeing any award availability on *A partners' FFPs. Wondering if there's any award available for Miles&More members as well.
No availability for F ( O. ) M&M awards that week, on that route, i really don’t know what LH RM are smoking & they are only selling F, no A
Old Apr 2, 2023, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by chris63
No availability for F ( O. ) M&M awards that week, on that route, i really don’t know what LH RM are smoking & they are only selling F, no A
Thanks Chris, may I trouble you to help check availability for FRA-HKG and FRA-HHD for the week 22-29 April as well please? It seems they have decent availability to North/South America but not Asia...
Old Apr 2, 2023, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yuayua
Thanks Chris, may I trouble you to help check availability for FRA-HKG and FRA-HHD for the week 22-29 April as well please? It seems they have decent availability to North/South America but not Asia...
Nothing at all to HKG & only J to HND on 26th April
yuayua likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: LH HON**
F awards other than at T-48/24 are increasingly a thing of the past. They exist on paper to make the FFP look good. Reality is:

1. Sell revenue seats
2. Process cash bids for upgrade on revenue seats
3. Process miles/voucher for upgrade on revenue seats
4. Open up F award (and even so, I think they sometimes will prefer to close the F cabin at 50% capacity than to fill it with awards, to maintain exclusivity)

You see their true colours when an HON can only get waitlisted on a voucher upgrade from paid C for a flight that is F8A3.

It is close to impossible to plan a trip on the basis of F awards; you need to be someone who enjoys last minute improvisations and travel alone.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vixit
F awards other than at T-48/24 are increasingly a thing of the past. They exist on paper to make the FFP look good. Reality is:

1. Sell revenue seats
4. Open up F award (and even so, I think they sometimes will prefer to close the F cabin at 50% capacity than to fill it with awards, to maintain exclusivity)

You see their true colours when an HON can only get waitlisted on a voucher upgrade from paid C for a flight that is F8A3.

It is close to impossible to plan a trip on the basis of F awards; you need to be someone who enjoys last minute improvisations and travel alone.
Yes, which renders my award miles & Evouchers useless.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Vixit
1. Sell revenue seats
Yes, which renders my award miles & Evouchers useless.
Looks like my sole remaining Senator benefit is access to United Clubs on domestic US flights.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
That‘s why they‘re not exactly making $$$ … at least I‘d try to sell in A to get the cabin filled.

So many people having miles on their balance sheet also not looking good too … you also wonder what those people in their Finance department are smoking too …
chris63 and vantage03 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
My recent experience is different, on flight to and from LAX. On both legs I got upgrade to First with evouchers.
On the way to LAX immedeatly (cabin had that moment F6A2) on the leg from LAX it was waitlisted but confirmed on the day of departure with cabin status F1A0.
Both flights I had in March, with LX.
Actually my way back had one problem: in app my upgrade was already confirmed but in LAX check-in they tried to put me back to Business class. Anyway I ended up in First.

My suggestion is to book ful flex business class ticket and then start to play together with CCC or HonService agent with routes and dates (if pax have that flexibility of course). By my exprience they are quite good also on prognosing the wailtist scenario).
Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Raul_R
My suggestion is to book ful flex business class ticket and then start to play together with CCC or HonService agent with routes and dates (if pax have that flexibility of course). By my exprience they are quite good also on prognosing the wailtist scenario).
while that may work, it doesn’t make me feel like one of their most important customers
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
while that may work, it doesn’t make me feel like one of their most important customers
Not to mention that J is expensive
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: LH HON
There is also that
Old Apr 2, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Not all full flex books into J, I've had full flex book into Z...
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 5:14 am

I am pleased that I miraculously got a couple of seats in F to and from JFK with dates that more or less work. However the booking experience, routing, and change processing were all an utter nightmare, which I documented on the award experience and A380 threads. Unless things improve, I simply won’t bother in future. Miles and vouchers are increasingly not worth much, and that is before redemption rates are devalued.

Interesting is that US residents are showered with such credit card mileage offers that they never have to spend a penny with an airline, but they can snag premium seats by booking a year in advance.

​​​​I guess we are increasingly in a world where chasing FFP benefits are irrelevant. There is far more benefit to choose the best value and routing for the class you are prepared to pay and to forget about loyalty.
seanp7, chris63, Viks and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.