Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I had no problem booking F 14 days out about 10 days ago. There may not be a very exact science to LH's "alogrithm" for seat release. I think its a YMMV type situation.
I just found a F seat on the 380 NRT-FRA for the end of the month (grabbed it)
Old Jun 10, 2012, 4:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Any help? Vas is dis AFAIK?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gloss...tterSelected=A
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:12 am

After asking for a long sell, I just had a UA rep tell me she called LH and LH told her the seat wasn't available for a long sell. Should I be looking for an agent that will just attempt the long sell anyways?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Just snagged a F award seat on LH419 (the new 748i) for tomorrow night - can't wait! I flew the new LX F last summer and am looking forward to compare products. For what its worth I used UA miles.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Numerous speculations but no real answers in Luckys latest blog regurgitation:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...-availability/

My guess is the fake availability is because the blocking that LH manages using POS logic fails when general queries are made by AC & UA web engines.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:22 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Numerous speculations but no real answers in Luckys latest blog regurgitation:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...-availability/

My guess is the fake availability is because the blocking that LH manages using POS logic fails when general queries are made by AC & UA web engines.
LH uses the same code class to sell space for its own members.
O is F class award.
I was once stuck in SIN returning on LH C, on a UA award booked in F with that segment in C.
On that day, I could see O space on LH wth KVS.
I went to the airport and the agent confirmed that LH had 2 O class seats open.
I had to call UA to change my ticket and after half an hour of an intl roam call, I found that even with a manual request (the long sell) there was no availability to partners for the same space.
So LH does block with POS and that is how they release less inventory for partners than their members. They have just expanded their F class blocking a bit more now.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:18 am

The trick in such situations is to ask the LH ticket desk to change your booking from I to O and then call UA/US to reissue your ticket. Confuses the UA/US agents a bit, but it works.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:09 am

The trick in such situations is to ask the LH ticket desk to change your booking from I to O and then call UA/US to reissue your ticket. Confuses the UA/US agents a bit, but it works.
Any reason we can't do this with the phantom award seats we're seeing? (E.g. I have I class booked, I can see O on ual.com, but not on the ANA tool, I call LH, tell them to switch it to O and I'll have UA reissue my ticket, and then call UA and have them do just that.) Or is my lack of understanding of the system showing through here?

Another question- is there a specific time of day 2 weeks out that LH releases the F space? Is it exactly 2 weeks before the flight time itself, or something like midnight FRA time, or what? I'm monitoring a segment and am seeing F seats show up and disappear rather quickly (often intraday), so I want to maximize my chances of grabbing the day I want.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:11 am

The previous poster was referring to a situation at the airport. The ticket agent can do this as described if the ticket is priced for an O award but with a few I segments. I doubt an agent would do this for an I award.

AFAIK the new LH inventories are loaded at noon UTC.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:13 am

The previous poster was referring to a situation at the airport. The ticket agent can do this as described if the ticket is priced for an O award but with a few I segments. I doubt an agent would do this for an I award.

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:54 pm

I'm consistently seeing new award inventory loading in the afternoon (some time between 1 and 5 pm) EST. Bizarre.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:50 am

UA loads the A+ (AC/UA/OS/LX/LH) eastbound inventories according to their schedule, so that may be what you are seeing.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
This phantom award availability and then having to deal with UA's customer service is not fun. I just saw F available for the day I need on LH418. It's a bit more than 2 weeks out, though. I call UA, they can't see it. They transfer me to web support. They can't see it (or speak English). Sigh. Hopefully it becomes available. F looks wide open.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:06 am

What date?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Duke777
This phantom award availability and then having to deal with UA's customer service is not fun. I just saw F available for the day I need on LH418. It's a bit more than 2 weeks out, though. I call UA, they can't see it. They transfer me to web support. They can't see it (or speak English). Sigh. Hopefully it becomes available. F looks wide open.
The phantom seats usually have a good chance of becoming real 3-7 days out. Thats when I've had my best luck with UA either getting the seat via long sell, or the seat just being available. Most others have had similar experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.