Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for *A and other partner FFPs]

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for *A and other partner FFPs]

Old Jan 10, 19, 2:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
LH F award availability to partners

I've been eyeing a flight FRA-EZE in F (O). It's now at F5 A4 and M&M is selling two F award seats.
Though it's less than two weeks until departure, partners and ExpertFlyer show no availability in First Class.
Is that normal? How likely is it that O will open up?
I'd like to book through SQ Krisflyer or, potentially, SAS Eurobonus.
Old Jan 10, 19, 3:15 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
I've been eyeing a flight FRA-EZE in F (O). It's now at F5 A4 and M&M is selling two F award seats.
Though it's less than two weeks until departure, partners and ExpertFlyer show no availability in First Class.
Is that normal? How likely is it that O will open up?
I'd like to book through SQ Krisflyer or, potentially, SAS Eurobonus.
Not normal IME , usually at T -14 seats are offered to *A partners, Iíve even had redemptions on that route through LM
Old Jan 10, 19, 3:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Ok, guess Iíll wait a bit longer...
Old Mar 25, 19, 11:25 pm

Has LH basically stopped releasing F seats on weekends?

Iíve been monitoring Germany-USA route for quite some time now. For instance this weekend there are multiple flights to NYC that are either F8 or F7. Yet 5 days out not a single F seat released to partners on Saturday or Sunday. I tried googling but couldnít find any data to confirm my theory of tricky releases during the weekend.

Old Mar 25, 19, 11:59 pm

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Not just to partners, EU-USA F is almost impossible to book with points, even when trying to book far in advance within their own program. And even when you find it, it likely isn't direct flight but though Zurich with LX.
Old Mar 26, 19, 1:44 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Many LH planes and routes have lost F, which increases the pressure on the remaining routes.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 19, 2:56 am

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
I just checked for this weekend, you can fly FRA-JFK. The availability is definitely better in the week with literally all destinations having availability next week. (Checked as SEN on MM)
Old Mar 26, 19, 3:21 am

Programs: Lufthansa, United
Best path to F awards is to be flexible. If weekdays show better availability then take the extra day?

If you're time or date constrained then book revenue. If you really want that ticket on points then make HON Circle and cross your fingers?

Otherwise, fly another airline I guess.
Old Mar 26, 19, 4:39 am

Programs: LH HON
Well, HON also doesnít really help on that in most cases...
Old Mar 26, 19, 4:59 am

That's why I said "make HON and cross your fingers."

TBH not exactly sure if HON get more availability on F awards than SENs do. I've seen a lot of anecdotal information posted here, and I think that's the best we'll get in terms of verification.
Old Mar 26, 19, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Best path to F awards is to be flexible. If weekdays show better availability then take the extra day?

If you're time or date constrained then book revenue. If you really want that ticket on points then make HON Circle and cross your fingers?

Otherwise, fly another airline I guess.
I hear you. But historically I have seen that as long as there is around F6-F7, a seat would open at least a week out for NYC for instance. This seems to have changed, so my post was more asking if someone has detected a pattern about the seats being released on weekends. For instance, that they become available 3 days in advance or something. Obviously there isnít an absolute truth to awards, but any data point of course is valuable
Old Mar 26, 19, 5:34 am

That's fair.
Old May 10, 19, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow View Post

I hear you. But historically I have seen that as long as there is around F6-F7, a seat would open at least a week out for NYC for instance. This seems to have changed, so my post was more asking if someone has detected a pattern about the seats being released on weekends. For instance, that they become available 3 days in advance or something. Obviously there isnít an absolute truth to awards, but any data point of course is valuable

yes i have noticed the same issue. i posted to this forum once about it but got lambasted by a frequent poster.
good to know that others are noticing a marked shift in the policy.
thank you for confirming my suspicion.
Old May 11, 19, 8:58 am

I've been monitoring award availability between HND and FRA for the past couple weeks and noticed that they release F availability only 7 days in advance. Also, even when Expertflyer indicates >F5, it is not available to book with miles...especially FRA-HND route.
Old May 11, 19, 9:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cdf2108 View Post
yes i have noticed the same issue. i posted to this forum once about it but got lambasted by a frequent poster.
good to know that others are noticing a marked shift in the policy.
thank you for confirming my suspicion.
You mean this thread? LH F availability to Aeroplan

Unfortunately there is no simple answer to this conundrum: LH can restrict award availability to specific offices, so people trying to find awards on Lufthansa will see different things depending on what partners system they are searching thru. Avianca, United and Aeroplan have far more limited access as say SQ, AI or BR.

Search this Thread