Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for *A and other partner FFPs]

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for *A and other partner FFPs]

Reply

Old Jan 10, 19, 2:57 am
  #421  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 1,317
LH F award availability to partners

I've been eyeing a flight FRA-EZE in F (O). It's now at F5 A4 and M&M is selling two F award seats.
Though it's less than two weeks until departure, partners and ExpertFlyer show no availability in First Class.
Is that normal? How likely is it that O will open up?
I'd like to book through SQ Krisflyer or, potentially, SAS Eurobonus.
ChocolateFactory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 19, 3:15 am
  #422  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 2,814
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
I've been eyeing a flight FRA-EZE in F (O). It's now at F5 A4 and M&M is selling two F award seats.
Though it's less than two weeks until departure, partners and ExpertFlyer show no availability in First Class.
Is that normal? How likely is it that O will open up?
I'd like to book through SQ Krisflyer or, potentially, SAS Eurobonus.
Not normal IME , usually at T -14 seats are offered to *A partners, Iíve even had redemptions on that route through LM
chris63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 19, 3:33 am
  #423  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 1,317
Ok, guess Iíll wait a bit longer...
ChocolateFactory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 19, 11:25 pm
  #424  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 286
Has LH basically stopped releasing F seats on weekends?

Iíve been monitoring Germany-USA route for quite some time now. For instance this weekend there are multiple flights to NYC that are either F8 or F7. Yet 5 days out not a single F seat released to partners on Saturday or Sunday. I tried googling but couldnít find any data to confirm my theory of tricky releases during the weekend.

brokenwindow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 19, 11:59 pm
  #425  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Posts: 165
Not just to partners, EU-USA F is almost impossible to book with points, even when trying to book far in advance within their own program. And even when you find it, it likely isn't direct flight but though Zurich with LX.
mevr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 1:44 am
  #426  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Posts: 2,427
Many LH planes and routes have lost F, which increases the pressure on the remaining routes.
zeer0 likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 2:56 am
  #427  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Posts: 84
I just checked for this weekend, you can fly FRA-JFK. The availability is definitely better in the week with literally all destinations having availability next week. (Checked as SEN on MM)
Dschaimz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 3:21 am
  #428  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: Lufthansa, United
Posts: 466
Best path to F awards is to be flexible. If weekdays show better availability then take the extra day?

If you're time or date constrained then book revenue. If you really want that ticket on points then make HON Circle and cross your fingers?

Otherwise, fly another airline I guess.
sophialite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 4:39 am
  #429  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,539
Well, HON also doesnít really help on that in most cases...
daumueller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 4:59 am
  #430  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: Lufthansa, United
Posts: 466
That's why I said "make HON and cross your fingers."

TBH not exactly sure if HON get more availability on F awards than SENs do. I've seen a lot of anecdotal information posted here, and I think that's the best we'll get in terms of verification.
sophialite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 5:26 am
  #431  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 286
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Best path to F awards is to be flexible. If weekdays show better availability then take the extra day?

If you're time or date constrained then book revenue. If you really want that ticket on points then make HON Circle and cross your fingers?

Otherwise, fly another airline I guess.
I hear you. But historically I have seen that as long as there is around F6-F7, a seat would open at least a week out for NYC for instance. This seems to have changed, so my post was more asking if someone has detected a pattern about the seats being released on weekends. For instance, that they become available 3 days in advance or something. Obviously there isnít an absolute truth to awards, but any data point of course is valuable
brokenwindow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 5:34 am
  #432  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: Lufthansa, United
Posts: 466
That's fair.
sophialite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 19, 4:53 pm
  #433  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by brokenwindow View Post


I hear you. But historically I have seen that as long as there is around F6-F7, a seat would open at least a week out for NYC for instance. This seems to have changed, so my post was more asking if someone has detected a pattern about the seats being released on weekends. For instance, that they become available 3 days in advance or something. Obviously there isnít an absolute truth to awards, but any data point of course is valuable

yes i have noticed the same issue. i posted to this forum once about it but got lambasted by a frequent poster.
good to know that others are noticing a marked shift in the policy.
thank you for confirming my suspicion.
cdf2108 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 19, 8:58 am
  #434  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 432
I've been monitoring award availability between HND and FRA for the past couple weeks and noticed that they release F availability only 7 days in advance. Also, even when Expertflyer indicates >F5, it is not available to book with miles...especially FRA-HND route.
lincoln boy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 19, 9:08 am
  #435  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 36,189
Originally Posted by cdf2108 View Post
yes i have noticed the same issue. i posted to this forum once about it but got lambasted by a frequent poster.
good to know that others are noticing a marked shift in the policy.
thank you for confirming my suspicion.
You mean this thread? LH F availability to Aeroplan

Unfortunately there is no simple answer to this conundrum: LH can restrict award availability to specific offices, so people trying to find awards on Lufthansa will see different things depending on what partners system they are searching thru. Avianca, United and Aeroplan have far more limited access as say SQ, AI or BR.
oliver2002 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread