Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Posting here in case anybody has info. LH F award (O) showing up on EF and ANA. Neither UA nor Aeroplan can see the availability. Incredibly frustrating to be so close to booking, and yet so far away.
And now?

Which info somebody shall have?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by athome
And now?

Which info somebody shall have?
Was hoping somebody could explain why this is happening (is it LH blocking to UA and AC, or are UA and AC blocking on their end). But more importantly, hoping somebody has experienced and has a solution.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Was hoping somebody could explain why this is happening (is it LH blocking to UA and AC, or are UA and AC blocking on their end). But more importantly, hoping somebody has experienced and has a solution.
Most likely on the end of UA and AC, as it wouldn't make sense for LH to block availability for them but not other *A ffp's. Especially with AC, it's probably due to the Swiss F debacle from several months ago.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH Doesn't block anyone, they just have a different inventory logic for some carriers, for example AV's office IDs see different things than SQ. Sometimes the list gets reset, like it did last week.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Seeing some LH J availability months in advance on UA that wasn't there a day or two ago. Wonder if that's got anything to do with this, or just coincidental. Is J in advance with LH common on UA?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Seeing some LH J availability months in advance on UA that wasn't there a day or two ago. Wonder if that's got anything to do with this, or just coincidental. Is J in advance with LH common on UA?
J in advance is with LH is quite common, so I doubt it has anything to do with increased F availability. On the other hand, J availability in advance on UA metal is arguably as rare as LH F which is quite sad.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hi is May/June months popular months? I'm trying to look for F award space for 2019 and seeing nothing for all of May or whatever available dates that is book able for June.
Been checking every day but only Business Flex is showing..i'm trying to book with M&M as I read that partner airlines won't get seats release until T-14 but I'm surpirse I'm a whole year away and not seeing anything! or am I doing something wrong?

ideally looking to do FRA - LAX but flexiable to fly to anywhere in N.America that has F but all the routes I'm entering in shows only Business Flex..
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:24 am
HPC

If a flight shows F3A0 2-3 days before travel, is it highly likely to open up F (O) award space, or low likelihood?

If it is likely to open up F award space, then does it happen at a set time of day, or do I just keep checking every few hours?

Last edited by HPC; Nov 29, 2018 at 4:28 am
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by HPC
If a flight shows F3A0 2-3 days before travel, is it highly likely to open up F (O) award space, or low likelihood?

If it is likely to open up F award space, then does it happen at a set time of day, or do I just keep checking every few hours?
Just want to remind you that Asina Club does not let you book flights within 72 hours. Must be at least 3 days away!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:09 pm
HPC

Originally Posted by zeer0
Just want to remind you that Asina Club does not let you book flights within 72 hours. Must be at least 3 days away!
I'm hoping to use SQ Krisflyer miles for this award redemption.

It is question of when to blink: does F3 (or F2) with 2-3 days to go mean high enough likelihood that F award space will open up and thus I can keep ignoring my Plan B? (I have a fixed date when I need to travel.)

Or is the likelhood so low that I should just book my plan B now?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by HPC
I'm hoping to use SQ Krisflyer miles for this award redemption.

It is question of when to blink: does F3 (or F2) with 2-3 days to go mean high enough likelihood that F award space will open up and thus I can keep ignoring my Plan B? (I have a fixed date when I need to travel.)

Or is the likelhood so low that I should just book my plan B now?
Imposible to judge, only RM knows the situation, how many people are already on a waitlist for awards or upgrades.
or none, a colleague of mine got a seat to LAX that was F1, waitlist cleared night before the flight.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: LH HON
Also depends on the other booking classes... A0 might also mean that C is overbooked and they’d only risk paying compensation if the extra revenue from an F fare comes along
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi,
I am trying to find availability for LH F or LX F to India in mid December using SQ KF miles. Unfortunately my travel dates aren't flexible. I see some availability in early December on LX and LH on random dates to a couple of Indian routes. This is showing up on SQ website, Expertflyer and also on united. There is also availability showing going TO Europe on LX F on SQ, UA and AI websites. However I am unable to find anything for flights coming back. For the date I need the Indian routes are showing F5 A2 and F7 A5 and F8 A0. Is it likely for 2 seats to open up closer to the date? We are of course more than T-14 days away as of now and I am checking multiple times a day since there is a possibility of LX F also. Is there a better way to check for LX F than United and/or AI? SQ online search tends to show the India-EU routings but never returns anything for the EU-India routes which is something to do with the way their search behaves.

How likely is that LH F space might open up? How about LX? Currently I am only looking at routes out of FRA for LH and ZRH for LX on the A333. Any other routes I am missing?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:30 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by avneeshj
Hi,
I am trying to find availability for LH F or LX F to India in mid December using SQ KF miles. Unfortunately my travel dates aren't flexible. I see some availability in early December on LX and LH on random dates to a couple of Indian routes. This is showing up on SQ website, Expertflyer and also on united. There is also availability showing going TO Europe on LX F on SQ, UA and AI websites. However I am unable to find anything for flights coming back. For the date I need the Indian routes are showing F5 A2 and F7 A5 and F8 A0. Is it likely for 2 seats to open up closer to the date? We are of course more than T-14 days away as of now and I am checking multiple times a day since there is a possibility of LX F also. Is there a better way to check for LX F than United and/or AI? SQ online search tends to show the India-EU routings but never returns anything for the EU-India routes which is something to do with the way their search behaves.

How likely is that LH F space might open up? How about LX? Currently I am only looking at routes out of FRA for LH and ZRH for LX on the A333. Any other routes I am missing?
IIRC only SEN and HON can book LX F awards. This might restrict your options even more (only LH). Regarding the availability of 2 O class seats - it's like trying to read a crystal ball. There's no predictable pattern that can be applied.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by avneeshj
Hi,

IME Indian routes are amongst the easiest to get F awards, however no way of knowing what RM will release close in, depends on a number of factors.
Only SEN & HON are entitled to F awards on LX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.