Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by FCTraveller
If anyone is interested, F award availability MUC-YUL available on LifeMiles and is wide open from now until early next year, almost every day. I have just booked 4 dates. Strangely, I cannot see this availability on Aeroplan and it doesn't show up on ExpertFlyer searches. MUC-YYZ continues to show availability on most days 14 days out. I have flown the Montreal route twice and I was the only passenger in F both times.
Just don't book any of those MUC-YUL F seats after 1 December: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...2016-17-a.html
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by athome
I have LH never seen opening up than 2 seats at the same moment. Pick it and hope you also can get the 3rd one at Check-in.

A3 does not mean 3 award seats.
Saw a O4 on a flight XX-FRA for today or tomorrow. Believe it was from SFO OR DEN. Was also F4. Not sure I've seen 4 award seats together before either
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: BA, AA, LH, AV, VS
Originally Posted by FCTraveller
If anyone is interested, F award availability MUC-YUL available on LifeMiles and is wide open from now until early next year, almost every day. I have just booked 4 dates. Strangely, I cannot see this availability on Aeroplan and it doesn't show up on ExpertFlyer searches. MUC-YYZ continues to show availability on most days 14 days out. I have flown the Montreal route twice and I was the only passenger in F both times.
The trick is to select Lufthansa in the drop down list, otherwise, the flights will not show up. It will show connections in business from or to cities where LH flies (ie LHR-YUL). However, it won't show connections to and from YUL or YYZ on Air Canada or United. The call center cannot help either, they can only book what they see and they see the same as we see online. However, if you can ascertain that there is availability by segment (ie. LHR-MUC-YUL and YUL-usa), take two screen dumps and email all the details of your intended booking to the LifeMiles support desk stating your name, LifeMiles number, flight details, date of birth and attach your screen dumps. Leave a phone number where they can call you back or ask them for a booking reference and tell them you will call in to pay for the booking. They should then be able to book it for you. I flew the route last week and was even able to get a routing LHR-FRA-MUC-YUL with a quick transfer in MUC and 3 hours in Frankfurt to enjoy the First Class Terminal. I was the only passenger in the F cabin. So if you were looking to fly LH F but wanted to plan in advance, this may be a solution for you. The ride from the First Class Terminal to the plane in a Porsche Cayenne is awesome. Good Luck.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:16 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
How long before departure will LH release unsold F seats LAX-FRA?

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
FRA generally (not always, I flew alone in F XXX-FRA once, XXX-MUC same day was sold out in F at F0) has higher paid F demand, so LH generally holds most of the FRA seats a little closer to the vest in terms of releasing them for awards.
Indeed. I'm holding 1 F award LAX-FRA for Oct 2017 plus 1 J award for my husband for the same. We are hoping to find a second F award LAX-FRA closer to our travel.

How long typically before departure will LH release unsold F seats?

(We are on the 748, not the A380...but we prefer that.)

Thanks for any help!
Old May 25, 2016, 10:34 pm

Hey guys! If I use award miles to buy Business class tickets (for myself and my companion) with LH or LX can I then upgrade them to First class with an Evoucher?
Old May 26, 2016, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Pandux
Hey guys! If I use award miles to buy Business class tickets (for myself and my companion) with LH or LX can I then upgrade them to First class with an Evoucher?
No, eVouchers can only be used with paid tickets. You're better off booking First directly.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Indeed. I'm holding 1 F award LAX-FRA for Oct 2017 plus 1 J award for my husband for the same. We are hoping to find a second F award LAX-FRA closer to our travel.

Thanks for any help!
Hi there
I have been watching the FRA-LAX route closely lately as I am doing a lot of paid F on that route, but always need to find A class.
FWIW there has been significantly more A (and F) availability on the A380 flight than the 747-8i flight... I would guess due to the better timing (imo anyway).
Point is, I wouldn't expect due to being on the 747-8i flight that you'll have better chance of another award seat opening than on the A380.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Etihad Gold; Marriott Gold; HH Gold; SPG Gold;
Originally Posted by vantage03
Hi there
I have been watching the FRA-LAX route closely lately as I am doing a lot of paid F on that route, but always need to find A class.
FWIW there has been significantly more A (and F) availability on the A380 flight than the 747-8i flight... I would guess due to the better timing (imo anyway).
Point is, I wouldn't expect due to being on the 747-8i flight that you'll have better chance of another award seat opening than on the A380.
Not quite booking award tickets but I have been doing the LAX-FRA in F for a while now using United GPUs though (theory being award seat availability and O seem to be related) and not seen anything clearing so before the 14 day mark with the median being t-4 days as long as a few revenue seats are available.

Holding one now for a trip next week but not cleared yet.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP,SPG GOLD,UA,AA,Kirs, IHG Plat
FRA - ORD F award

I currently have a F award booked with Asiana miles FRA- IAD on LH and IAD - ORD on UA that I was able to book 14 days out .

Will LH let me change to FRA- ORD direct LH flight if there's room on day of flight with agent in FCT since all changes with Asiana need to happen 72 hours prior to flight?

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by JMM58
I currently have a F award booked with Asiana miles FRA- IAD on LH and IAD - ORD on UA that I was able to book 14 days out .

Will LH let me change to FRA- ORD direct LH flight if there's room on day of flight with agent in FCT since all changes with Asiana need to happen 72 hours prior to flight?

Thanks!
I doubt LH can (or will want to) make any changes to an award reservation booked via Asiana.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:58 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JMM58

Thanks!
I'm afraid LH won't change FRA-IAD-ORD to FRA-ORD on the day or in advance.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
See post 14 here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...2-changes.html

LH is staying within *A rules and offering a certain number of F seats to *A partner FFPs, just not at 330 days out as it used to be and not as many as it used to be when you had 16 seats in the UD. Also on certain routes they are aware that mileage millionaires are lurking in the shadows waiting to redeem at short notice (ORD and NYC are notorious for UA plats / 1Ks changing their award tickets for free to grab O seats that are released a day before departure to enable business travellers to upgrade for miles at the airport).
so based on what your saying this is why I was able to get a F award 14 days out on FRA - IAD and not FRA - ORD yet which still has 4 open seats
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:35 am

I'm hope that they will release space for SA awards, its interesting they released for the following 2 days already when there is at least 4 spaces open
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: EBG
LH releases some award seats in First to other Star alliance programs outside M&M 14 days before the day of departure. Be sure to check early in the morning exactly 14 days before as the tend to be grabbed quickly.

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Thanks for any help!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: LH Sen, UA Plat
FWIW, I just booked first on Swiss's 777 LAX-ZRH for December and there was plenty of availability. Could be because they restrict bookings to SEN and HON Circle, but so far I've been pretty happy. I got two first seats on the exact flights I want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.