Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
IIRC, LM is blocking LH F on their end. It's not LH.
Why? What reason could the possibly have to do that? I remember Ben Schlappig talking at a FTU event about what other carriers such as LM actually had to spend to get that LH F seat, and it isn't much compared to what they sell the miles for.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Why? What reason could the possibly have to do that?
No idea, but I'm pretty sure it's LM doing the blocking.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
Lufthansa release more than 2 O-Clas Seats?

Hi,

Im trying to book 3 First Class tickets with my SAS Points, But I am only able to find 2 seats. The entire cabin has no First Class booking at all on some flights within 10 days, so my question is if that lufthansa is offering more than 2 O-Class seats on any flights anymore?

I have seen that before, but now when I need to book Im encountering problems.

Thanks for your thoughts
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:38 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I would expect that only 2 seats are released at first. If they are booked up, more seats may be released at some point. It's a gamble...

HTB.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
So is it better to book those 2seats, and then hopefully they release 1more seat!?

Or are the odds better not to book them, so it is F8 as long as possible so lufthansa might release more seats!?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I would recommend booking. Take what you can take now then hope for the best on the 3rd ticket.

Worst case - you buy a 3rd ticket.
Medium case - you book the 3rd ticket in Business Class.
Best case - LH releases one more O-Class seat.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Have you tried searching on M&M as a SEN? I have been able to find up to 4 F award seats on certain flights in April so more than 2 F award seats must be released on some flights. Fewer award seats may be available (at least initially) if using *A partner miles.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Rogue1Trader
So is it better to book those 2seats, and then hopefully they release 1more seat!?
I think releasing only 2 seats at a time (for one person looking) is a reasonable policy. So I'd book these two now.

The view RCyyz presents seems very good, I'd add the possibility to get a seat with a different FF-program.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: LH HON
What I would do in this case, is booking the two seats in O and one more seat in I with waitlist for O. Then you can be sure to be one of the first to get a chance for the third seat. You will be charged 50 € for the change if waitlist gets confirmed. In the worst case you stay with 2 O and 1 I.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

How to do waitlist on O? Whenever I tried that they told me the WL is good for 24h only and then you need to repeat the process all over again.
Did I talk to the wrong agents?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

How to do waitlist on O? Whenever I tried that they told me the WL is good for 24h only and then you need to repeat the process all over again.
Did I talk to the wrong agents?
At least for SEN and HON that is possible and done many times. This does apply to LH, but not to LX.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:55 pm

So I got my 3 O-class on FRA-PHL, but I am still curios why for example Denver on 7th which has 8F 8A has only 1 O-class, While FRA YYZ has F6A6 and O 3!? Also MUC-IAD has F8A8O2 and FRA-JFK on the 9th has F5A4O2.

I am not very keen o travel trough either PHL or YYC as my final destination is LAS!

Where is the logic? Is it all automatic or is someone physically adding O-class seats and just forget to do that on specific destinations?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
General question about FRA-LAX: why is it always so difficult to find F award space for this route? I get that it's a popular destination and that it costs "only" 170K miles vs 210K miles for the top Asian cities, but does this justify that the availability for FRA-HND (as an example) is almost always wide open whereas FRA-LAX is the exact opposite?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:17 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JohnRain
General question about FRA-LAX: why is it always so difficult to find F award space for this route?
As well as the factors you mention, remember that LH and LX are the only two carriers offering a top rated F service between LAX and Europe. Even if we add AF there are far, far fewer good F seats available each day between LAX and Europe than there are between Europe and TYO (to stay with your example). Given that AF and LX don't open up F award space to most of us, LH is in very high demand and anything they do make available is likely to go quickly.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by IMH
As well as the factors you mention, remember that LH and LX are the only two carriers offering a top rated F service between LAX and Europe. Even if we add AF there are far, far fewer good F seats available each day between LAX and Europe than there are between Europe and TYO (to stay with your example). Given that AF and LX don't open up F award space to most of us, LH is in very high demand and anything they do make available is likely to go quickly.
Very good point IMH. Following this logic it would even make sense to invert the award chart, ie 170K miles for Asia and 210K for the West Coast. But M&M being what it is, we'll probably end up with 210K for both directions rather sooner than later anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.