FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Boeing_747SP
Aircraft with new C seats

- All aircraft in operation are retrofitted

How to check if your aircraft has new C seats (up to 8 weeks in advance):
http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Business-Class-Product

A333 --> A33Q (retrofit), A33P(linefit) (seatmaps) (19|19):
MUC (8|8): D-AIKE, D-AIKF, D-AIKH, D-AIKM, D-AIKN, D-AIKP, D-AIKQ, D-AIKR
FRA (11|11): D-AIKA, D-AIKB, D-AIKC, D-AIKD, D-AIKG, D-AIKI, D-AIKJ, D-AIKK, D-AIKL, D-AIKO, D-AIKS

A343 --> A34Y (42C 225Y seatmaps)(18|18):
FRA (16|16): D-AIFA, D-AIFC, D-AIFE, D-AIFF, D-AIGL, D-AIGM, D-AIGN, D-AIGO, D-AIGS, D-AIGU, D-AIGV, D-AIGW, D-AIGY, D-AIGX, D-AIGZ, D-AIGP (JUMP)
DUS (2|2): D-AIFD, D-AIGT

A340-600 --> A34R (8F 56C 28E 189Y seatmaps)(22|24):
MUC (19|19): D-AIHB, D-AIHC, D-AIHD, D-AIHE, D-AIHF, D-AIHH, D-AIHI, D-AIHK, D-AIHL, D-AIHN, D-AIHQ, D-AIHR, D-AIHS, D-AIHT, D-AIHV, D-AIHW, D-AIHX, D-AIHY, D-AIHZ
FRA (4|5): D-AIHA, D-AIHM, D-AIHO, D-AIHU

A388 --> A38Q (all FRA based)(8F 92C 52E 336M seatmaps) :
FRA (14|14): D-AIMA, D-AIMB, D-AIMC, D-AIMD, D-AIME, D-AIMF, D-AIMG, D-AIMH, D-AIMI, D-AIMJ, D-AIMK, D-AIML, D-AIMM, D-AIMN

B744 -> 74Q (all FRA based)(53C 32E 308M maindeck upperdeck) (67C 32E 272M maindeck upperdeck)(13|13):
FRA (13|13): D-ABTK, D-ABTL, D-ABVM, D-ABVO, D-ABVP, D-ABVR, D-ABVS, D-ABVT, D-ABVU, D-ABVW, D-ABVX, D-ABVY, D-ABVZ

B748 (74H, all are based in FRA and have new F and C (these are all line fits)(seatmaps)(19|19):
D-ABYA, D-ABYC, D-ABYD, D-ABYF, D-ABYG , D-ABYH, D-ABYI, D-ABYJ, D-ABYK, D-ABYL, D-ABYM, D-ABYN, D-ABYO, D-ABYP, D-ABYQ, D-ABYR, D-ABYS, D-ABYT (retro jet), D-ABYU
Print Wikipost

New Business class Line- or Retrofit / routes etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:11 pm

Looks like it will be old business seats
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:25 am

How many a380s with old business?
Lufthansa is showing on their website that the Fra- Mia on April 6th has the old business. Does this mean no premium economy?

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Miles and More Senator
There is one (D-AIMH) in service, the other one (D-AIMA) is undergoing retrofit. The Lufthansa business class checker is showing new business class on April 6 on FRA-MIA.

Originally Posted by italian7
How many a380s with old business?
Lufthansa is showing on their website that the Fra- Mia on April 6th has the old business. Does this mean no premium economy?

Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: LH HON**, Bonvoy Titanium
LH710 on 747-400 upper deck?

Am a bit puzzled my upcoming flight to NRT on LH710 this week. LH business class checker indicates that the new business class is not available although there are seats on the upper deck in a business class configuration. Can this be the old ones?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:46 am

Today LH710 is operated with D-ABVO and yesterday it was operated with D-ABVW and both of those have new C on the upper deck. Since neither of these aircraft have first class seating, I guess one way to double check is to try to book first class tickets on the same flights that you are taking and it should not be possible to book. I think all the old versions have first class located on the upper deck.

Originally Posted by Worldhopper
Am a bit puzzled my upcoming flight to NRT on LH710 this week. LH business class checker indicates that the new business class is not available although there are seats on the upper deck in a business class configuration. Can this be the old ones?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:33 pm

Smile

I just confirmed the C upgrade on the flight MUC-ORD. The C offers rows from 3 to 15. Lufthansa's page says the new business class facilities are not available on this flight. Hmmm. After checking the seatguru, C seat rows from 3-15 are available only on the "new C class" 346 version. A mistake on the lufthansa.com?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Look if row 10 only has seat DG. If AC HK cannot be seen, the 346 has new C.

PS: seatguru and seatexpert are utter crap (for LH seating atleast).
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Peter Szekely
Today LH710 is operated with D-ABVO and yesterday it was operated with D-ABVW and both of those have new C on the upper deck. Since neither of these aircraft have first class seating, I guess one way to double check is to try to book first class tickets on the same flights that you are taking and it should not be possible to book. I think all the old versions have first class located on the upper deck.
There is indeed no availability in F - seating plan on the upper deck shows business class layout. So basically what you are saying is that there are no configurations with old style business class seats on the upper deck of the 747-400's. Many thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:31 am

Yes, as per Lufthansa seat maps: http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Seat-maps

There is indeed no availability in F - seating plan on the upper deck shows business class layout. So basically what you are saying is that there are no configurations with old style business class seats on the upper deck of the 747-400's. Many thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
The only thing you need to be aware of is whether seatmap shows 8 C-Seats on the UD. In this case the flight is not operated by an retrofitted plane but they give away the F seats (with C service) to SEN/HON.

Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Boeing_747SP
The only thing you need to be aware of is whether seatmap shows 8 C-Seats on the UD. In this case the flight is not operated by an retrofitted plane but they give away the F seats (with C service) to SEN/HON.

Had that favour indeed a few weeks ago on FRA-DXB... Unfortunately this upper deck shows 22 C seats. Still find it strange that the "new business class checker" shows it as "new business class not yet available on this flight". Either a mistake or only the upper deck is retrofitted I guess.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:00 am

There is no "upper deck only refit"...

Last edited by curt; Apr 8, 2015 at 10:49 am Reason: Forgot the crucial "no"...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by curt
There is "upper deck only refit"...
There's no "upper deck only refit"! Never ever heard about that resp. that is also not possible from technical point of view (e.g. differerent IFE system).

However the C-Class check tool is not 100% accurate as subtype "74Z" is eventually not being recognized as "new C". For examaple whilst D-ABVW solely served the DXB route it also never indicated "new C" although that plane features the new cabin.

But in order to make a long story short -> 22 seats on UD indicates that this plane already got the new cabin

Last edited by Boeing_747SP; Apr 8, 2015 at 9:08 am
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:54 am

Red face

There's no "upper deck only refit"! Never ever heard about that resp. that is also not possible from technical point of view (e.g. differerent IFE system).
Exactly what I meant. Thanks for spotting the typo.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:47 pm

However the C-Class check tool is not 100% accurate as subtype "74Z" is eventually not being recognized as "new C". For examaple whilst D-ABVW solely served the DXB route it also never indicated "new C" although that plane features the new cabin.

But in order to make a long story short -> 22 seats on UD indicates that this plane already got the new cabin
Thanks guys - my wife and I are looking forward to a horizontal sleep on our way to NRT Friday (and back - saw that the configuration on the way back is the same whilst also on that flight the C-class check tool indicates that new C is not available).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.