Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour [confirmed]: Major changes to Miles & More

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:35 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ale982
Interestingly enough, it seems to appear only in the German M&M page, not in other countries' pages.
And they officially only speak about the lower threshold.
It's because 130k > 100k for SEN in Germany is the only positive piece of news.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: HON Circle; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold; HH Diamond; AZ CFP
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It's because 130k > 100k for SEN in Germany is the only positive piece of news.
Sure, but when are they going to officialize the "enhancements"?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's good to see the difference in SEN qualification is finally gone.... But the rest kind of sucks.

What annoys me the most is that qualification is done based on calendar year, but that these changes are implemented during a running year. There goes my planning (I'm planning to requalify this year, on my own dime) for flights in the last part of the year.

Would it be that much trouble to implement these changes starting 2013.....
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by kasi
Excuse me supermasterphil, which is the positive stuff if you live outside Germany?
The additional Option for evouchers?[/QUOTE]

Hi kasi

evouchers which I cannot use to upgrade Z to F?

Also up to now I was doing the 300k status every 2 years but with the enhancements:

1) reduction in miles with the LX Biz Saver
2) reduction in miles for Z class

I will not even achieve it
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by more4less
1) reduction in miles with the LX Biz Saver
2) reduction in miles for Z class
Strikes me as a bit of an outdated class-ist attitude by LH. It's reads as though they only want HON's to be those that pay full fare because they can afford to be members of that club...rather than it being a way to engender loyalty and cash from all would-be customers.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by ale982
Sure, but when are they going to officialize the "enhancements"?
According to a regular poster in this forum on Facebook an official announcement will be tomorrow.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
I always took it from your profile that HON-lite meant you achieved HON from the LHPJ promo?
Ha ha, how did you guess? As dre_techie said earlier it's a mighty long way from the LPJ 5x HON circle in two years.

Do you think you will lose HON with these changes as I take it you took advantage of the Z promos from MAN with LX and LH quite a lot.
Yes, I took advantage of Z fares ex-MAN not only on longhaul but on European shorthaul flights as well. If you book close to the departure date non-flexible Z fares were not very different from flexible Y fares (sometime cheaper). Also MAN-ZRH-XXX in Z during MyMiles promo (18k award miles) was hard to resist.

It's like M&M has gone two steps backward as LX has gone one step forward with its really good longhaul and shorthaul J product as well as competitive pricing. While it's not time to look at BA ex-UK as its very expensive (and I was never keen on a one class flight to LHR), AF and KL will be trying hard to bring back premium business pax.
Apart from one or two shorthauls in Y I've only flown on LH on F awards for quite a while now. Most of my money for travel goes to LX. LX Z fares are more flexible than LH Z. I have a pathological dislike of London Airways and detest having to fly to LHR to get anywhere especially when flying eastwards. I was pleasantly surprised to find their Business fare for my destination was actually cheaper than LX (and of course LH). I might have to overcome my phobia and try them out one of these days.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
When my strategy was still to renew HON, I would really be p***d off at this moment , as I usually fly more between September and March than in summer. But again - what is this for an idea to stop crediting miles flown in eco in the middle of a qualification year (ok, after two thirds)?

No, after 17 years of always having at least the second-highest status, it's time to say bye bye to LX
Ich will ask AB about the conditions for getting a status match to Gold/Sapphire. Between VIE and MUC/ZRH, HG is already my first choice, as they have by far the better product than the LH-Group, and even for a better price and for much much better rebooking conditions. That HG became a OW-member just today, is a nice coincidence!

In future, Iberia will become again my favourite carrier to South America, and to Asia it's the moment for trying Etihad.

Concerning MUC-ZRH/GVA, I don't really care that OW does not fly these routes. I was also never ready for paying 1000 EUR in eco or 1258 EUR (for getting HON-miles) for a r/t of about 300 kilometres. If I really have to fly this route again, I still have some spare miles, a free SEN-card till 02/15 and a Coop-Supercard.

In this spirit: Byebye Lufthansa. Nonstop f*** you.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
If you're as inspired by these enhancements as I am, I can recommend you consider the statement on my M&M page:

And the Freddie Award 2012 goes to... ?

Vote for Miles & More! Choose Miles & More as the best frequent flyer programme and vote by 31 March 2012. Your vote will help Miles & More be successful in the 2012 Freddie Awards.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
If you're as inspired by these enhancements as I am, I can recommend you consider the statement on my M&M page:
I already took appropriate action on this
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
reading this thread one could come to the conclusion that LH is on a mission to p.o. the regulars here and on VFT..
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by mamb0
reading this thread one could come to the conclusion that LH is on a mission to p.o. the regulars here and on VFT..
Mission accomplished! What has me puzzled is the rate at which these devaluations come (remember the mileage "adjustments" for the awards). Why not put it all in one event, go through a major s**tstorm and get it over with instead of keeping the grudges fresh? Also, interesting they should decide to seriously p.o. people just when AB joins OW and gains a lot of attractiveness. That's probably more convenient for AB than it could've even hoped for.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:22 pm

Being MileagePLus, I don't know all the minor intricacies of MM, but could these changes be designed to thin out the herd? Could the HON and Senator population have grown too large to sustain? Too many bulls, not enough cows??
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
That's exactly what's behind the changes, but if they're keen on reducing the numbers by driving away customers, well, they're succeeding in it pretty well.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
That's exactly what's behind the changes, but if they're keen on reducing the numbers by driving away customers, well, they're succeeding in it pretty well.
tough spot to be in for any airline, dilute the product or raise the bar to improve "quality". No one will ever figure out the solution to this one.

I can see a bunch going to OW, which will piss off OW elite, who will go to *A and MM...and the merry-go-round continues.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.