Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:34 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
From the LH propaganda magazine which was availiable on the ITB, look at the huge tables between the two seats!

There was also a picture of the new F on the 748 in it:

Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

What a disaster ........................
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
From the LH propaganda magazine which was availiable on the ITB, look at the huge tables between the two seats!
Interesting! Do they have larger "cocktail tables" between the middle pairs of seats?

There was also a picture of the new F on the 748 in it:
You could also see the same image in oliver2002's album. It's strange to see LH F seats not all facing the same direction.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:17 pm

Hm. And another question after looking at all the pictures again:

So where do they save the space in the new seat in the | | configuration which goes flat vs the old seat which they dont want to be flat because it eats too much space? And did we figure out where the feet go in that configuration?

EDIT: Ah because if forgot that | | is more like //...

Last edited by primetime23; Mar 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by primetime23
Hm. And another question after looking at all the pictures again:

So where do they save the space in the new seat in the | | configuration which goes flat vs the old seat which they dont want to be flat because it eats too much space? And did we figure out where the feet go in that configuration?

EDIT: Ah because if forgot that | | is more like //...
The seats are not straight, they are parallel but angled, so you safe some space. You can take a look on this picture (http://www.vornesitzen.de/upload/air...5f47aabbec.jpg) that's the business class of continental airlines, those seats are angled too.

You were faster
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Agree with the consensus here that the new seats look disappointing. Even the couple of folks they used for the publicity shots don't look very comfortable.

I guess that there is a small chance that somehow the limited foot space and knee knocking suggested by the photos won't work out as poorly when people actually experience the seats. But it's a very small chance.

Too bad that their customer research indicated that they shouldn't make the trade-off of saving space with seats facing forward and backward. Having flown those in BA and UA, I'd say they're very easy to get used to.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:20 pm

There are detailed pictures on www.facebook.com/seatguru . This seat is really different.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:12 pm

[QUOTE=BikeHelmet;18159873]Sorry if this has been mentioned before: There is going to be a combination of both the \ / ("V concept") and // \\ ("H-concept", rotated towards window) on the A340/380 (and A330 as well, I think, even though I did not find it mentioned in the pdf), see here (page 7):
'This does not make sense as where would the feet go then if they installed the seats in H pattern. This is an EPIC fail on the part of LH!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Matze20111984
But the foot area is similar sized and that's what lots of people are complaining about. I know that SQ has a 1-2-1 configuration but thats not possible for Lufthansa, they need big numbers of business seats on the planes. They regularly completely fill a 98 seats business class on their A380s
How is 1-2-1 not better in your opinion????
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by gum
Really a great one ^

I don´t know when you will interact with some of LHs product design people for the next time. But in my opinion they should change the colour theme if it´s possible and production of the seats hasn´t been started.

They should present the people in an ONLINE SURVEY different modifications of the seat in different colour themes. And then ask them if they prefer a blue/silver colour theme or the derived earth/brown/well-being colour theme like they have in retrofitted First.

I think designing the seat in blue/silver/grey would clarify that it is an own product range and continuing the "blue" colour as colour theme for the business class product.
A change in color will not save this seat!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Matze20111984
But who is Porsche?
Probably the new AA C class seat ^^

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/boein...ryId=undefined
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

+1

Or many other carriers for that matter. I think AA's new cabin looks great, and I think the seat matters much more than service in J.

I would love to see more of the LH F in the 748. Looks like a great product and use of space.

I'll give LH this, they certainly were aware of maintaining product differentiation between their cabins. Although it appears it came at the expense of a high-quality J seat.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:41 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I think this ticks all the LH boxes: The seat is efficient, a marvel of space efficiency, combining practicality with comfort.

The seat fits very well into the LH philosophy: You just deliver enough to keep the core customer base coming. Don't be a leader but engineer the thing for efficiency and maximize revenue.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by sp4294
How is 1-2-1 not better in your opinion????
Well, I didn't say the 2-2-2 configuration is better, but 1-2-1 makes it impossible to have such a big capacity in the business class, but LH needs the big capacity. And the AA new C seat is actually similar, it's also angled but only with a 1-2-1 configuration
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

^

Or OZ Quadra Smartium which might be a bit better in terms of layout for people travelling together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.