Wiki Posts
Search

Dress Code?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP
Dress Code?

Last month I had a horrible experience with LH and this month I am planning on getting revenge. I have booked a first class reward ticket through MUC and want to go to the 1st class lounge dressed up as pikachu. I have specifically made sure I have a solid 5 hour layover in MUC so that I can shock as many people as possible and wanted to make sure I won't have any problems other than giving some lh reps heart attacks when they see me. I figure I should be ok, but I'd like to see what you guys think. If anyone who sees me decides not to fly lh first because of me in the future this would be a huge success. If not at least I will have a good laugh.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
We. Must. Resist.

Originally Posted by kmzandrew
Last month I had a horrible experience with LH and this month I am planning on getting revenge. I have booked a first class reward ticket through MUC and want to go to the 1st class lounge dressed up as pikachu. I have specifically made sure I have a solid 5 hour layover in MUC so that I can shock as many people as possible and wanted to make sure I won't have any problems other than giving some lh reps heart attacks when they see me. I figure I should be ok, but I'd like to see what you guys think. If anyone who sees me decides not to fly lh first because of me in the future this would be a huge success. If not at least I will have a good laugh.

Don't feed the troll!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
LOL! Go for it!

And send pictures... I'll put them up on the blog.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
People like me who have (until I searched for it) no idea who Pikachu is will just think you are on a stag weekend. I suspect the LH people will just think you are the resident idiot. Is that the revenge you are looking for ?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
People like me who have (until I searched for it) no idea who Pikachu is will just think you are on a stag weekend. I suspect the LH people will just think you are the resident idiot. Is that the revenge you are looking for ?
Hah, maybe I can come up with something better then. I'm sure most people will think I'm retarded, but I'm obviously going to change into something appropriate for my flight.

The LH people will definitely freak out though. Last time I flew in 1st with them they couldn't believe a 23 year old that was wearing jeans and a hoodie was in 1st. Pretty much everyone asked to see my boarding pass. This coming from an airline so classy that they serve you caviar with a metal spoon.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
I'm sure most people will think I'm retarded
I think you already accomplished that...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Hah, maybe I can come up with something better then. I'm sure most people will think I'm retarded, but I'm obviously going to change into something appropriate for my flight.

The LH people will definitely freak out though. Last time I flew in 1st with them they couldn't believe a 23 year old that was wearing jeans and a hoodie was in 1st. Pretty much everyone asked to see my boarding pass. This coming from an airline so classy that they serve you caviar with a metal spoon.
When you dress like a bum prepared to be treated like a bum, remember it is human nature and nothing more, that is to treat you as if you were a BUM. Why do you think you need the attention? Is something missing in your life? Call me and set up a session, I counsel on the side you know. Voila!!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Why the question mark in the thread title? You want to do it anyway, so go for it .

Since the staff at the FCT are pretty seasoned they should be able to deal with and not bat an eyelid, so you would instead provide some entertainment. Theoretically they have the right to refuse service and ask you to leave... if you really want to make a show then go the HQ just beside FRA, maybe you will be heard better there: http://lac.lufthansa.com/en/index.php
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
retarded
FYI - the only people that use this word as a reference to a broad range of disabilities are morons and low-life's. So, head to Munich and teach everyone a lesson!

I travel in First dressed casually all the time. I often get asked for my BP and I know why - but I don't dress like a slob.

But to make yourseld the bigger bannanahead is the ultimate in stupidity - you hhave too much time on your hands young lad. And, for clarification, In the way that you would define this word, they would be correct to think that you are. Case closed.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
May I nominate the OP for "troll of the month" award?

Anyways, you´ll be delighted to hear there are two special services available to pax like you:

1) There´s a special cabin on the airplane for pax like you which is located on the lower deck where you won´t have to endure the presence of any LH FAs
2) There´s a children´s play zone in the FCT (though I can see some 8 years old HON members complaining about the FCT going downhill and asking for that ugly yellow thing to be removed)
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
And why are doing it? To push up your ego? Make others talk about you? Lack of Self-esteem?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
The MOD's should shut this down as this thread is not going to add value for all FT'ers except lead to an extended long thread with futile attempts to save the OP from his foolishness.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
The MOD's should shut this down as this thread is not going to add value for all FT'ers except lead to an extended long thread with futile attempts to save the OP from his foolishness.
^ +1
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Why is this thread not moved to the appropriate forum? Isn't it about LH and the MUC FCL?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Oh come on - I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread! How much value do all the "They didn't serve my champagne at precisely the right temp in J - how much compensation should I demand?" threads really add?

OP - if you actually do this, please do share pics. That would be awesome!

And, by the way, wearing jeans and a hoodie is pretty standard casual wear in the world today. I go like that to work sometimes, and I'm a 40-something professional. Your somewhat deranged comment that this is dressing like a BUM seems quite out of place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.