Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LH Ad campaign motto: 'Nonstop you'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:24 pm

it gets worse with every new slogan they come up with. and one always wonders "it can´t get worse than this one" - until the next one proves how wrong this thought was.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Preis gesehen.
Kabine gesehen.
Auf Wiedersehen !
+1
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:44 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Would be cheaper to adapt the Schlecker CI.

Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
The nonstop logo looks like the Nivea cream....I grew up with "There is no better way to fly" and did not see a need to change it.
To be honest, they probably realised there are plenty of better airlines to fly with, so they just adjusted their slogan before they got put in front of the judge from some US-american pax who discovered SQ or EK
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
To be honest, they probably realised there are plenty of better airlines to fly with, so they just adjusted their slogan before they got put in front of the judge from some US-american pax who discovered SQ or EK
But that's the clever part of the "There's no better way to fly".
It says that all airlines are equal and no one is better than anyone else. Case closed.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But that's the clever part of the "There's no better way to fly".
It says that all airlines are equal and no one is better than anyone else. Case closed.
Why does this sound like something from Marx to me ?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If you have nothing better to do... (hint: click)

Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
The FA actually looks OK. No need for a Bäh next to her.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
"Nonstop you" sounds as intelligible as "Be Invited".
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:55 pm

After reading this slogan for a while, I just don't get what the phrase means.

What does 'nonstop you' mean? Obviously I get the two words individually, but how is it supposed to be read/understood by customers? I'm not sure how to phrase my question correctly, but the slogan just doesn't make sense to me. (I'm a native US English speaker)

Last edited by will2288; Mar 1, 2012 at 10:19 pm
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:20 pm

What do these advertising agencies actually do? Every 10year old could come up with a better slogan than this one. LH should have saved those $ and invest them in their customer service (like a new LH lurker) or something that is actually useful and tangible for the paying customer.

But yeah, it seems they just don't GET it..
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
I was kind of attached to "There's no better way to fly." I will miss it.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:48 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by will2288
What does 'nonstop you' mean? Obviously I get the two words individually, but how is it supposed to be read/understood by customers? I'm not sure how to phrase my question correctly, but the slogan just doesn't make sense to me. (I'm a native US English speaker)
I'm sure the slogan doesn't mean anything in real English. But as a German I can imagine that it will be a big hit.

"nonstop" has a positive meaning as used in "nonstop flight / Nonstop-Flug" (as opposed to "direct flight"). It's not used in any other context in German, as far as I can see.

"you" implies that it's all about YOU.

So the slogan puts "you" in the vicinity of something positive "nonstop", implying that LH is careing about YOU NONSTOP. Add to that the pictures of the young people in the adds and you can see what kind of people they are addressing.

HTB.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by htb
I'm sure the slogan doesn't mean anything in real English. But as a German I can imagine that it will be a big hit.
I suppose that was the idea behind it. Germany love short claims in english they can understand. Again, the campaign, like the website clearly aims at the leisure segment that LH is battling to keep with them. The elderly baby boomers already fly LH, its the gen Y 'kids' who grew up flying Ryanair as students that LH seems to want to attract.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.