Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

New First class retrofit thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, just be happy about that one...!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden
Ok, thanks! I have a FRA-BKK flight in mid-June that's currently operated by 346. I should probably resign myself to old F? Any equipment swaps been happening or wildcards that I'm clueless about?

ETA: Crazily I was able to book 7 of 8 F seats for my entire family with UA miles on that flight. I feel very, very lucky already.
There were rumors that BKK might loose F, not sure if this will happen, for now just imagine that you will have old F.......
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Ok, thanks! I have a FRA-BKK flight in mid-June that's currently operated by 346. I should probably resign myself to old F? Any equipment swaps been happening or wildcards that I'm clueless about?

ETA: Crazily I was able to book 7 of 8 F seats for my entire family with UA miles on that flight. I feel very, very lucky already.
I'm guessing that was during the bonanza a few months ago?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I'm guessing that was during the bonanza a few months ago?
Kind of, but the story's even weirder than that. I booked while YYZ-MUC was wide open in F, with four seats available in F. I nabbed four seats on YYZ-MUC on date #1, two seats the next day, and one seat the next. I then made our stopover in Munich, then did all the same day MUC-FRA-BKK. I did four in F, which is what was available on that date for FRA-BKK (and a number of other dates) and did three in C. After that, I made a few tweaks, reissued a few times (it was out of UA Plat account), and one day I noticed the C seats had magically changed to F! I have no idea what happened. At first I was super-suspicious the SHARES (UA) and Amadeus (LH) PNRs were out of sync, because they're still selling two F seats, but I looked up the LH record locator on CheckMyTrip and it's O-class there for all PNRs as well. It'd be a great reimbursement opportunity for some HON Circle person who regularly buys F anyway to buy two F seats on that flight. I guess RM thinks that selling 7 F so far ahead means it's inevitable one will cancel, but RM's not smart enough to know it's a family with all same last names...

ETA: Was the YYZ-MUC bonanza more widespread than just that route? I was amazed FRA-BKK had any LH F so far ahead, but someone told me it was normal for that route. Is that true?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Kind of, but the story's even weirder than that. I booked while YYZ-MUC was wide open in F, with four seats available in F. I nabbed four seats on YYZ-MUC on date #1, two seats the next day, and one seat the next. I then made our stopover in Munich, then did all the same day MUC-FRA-BKK. I did four in F, which is what was available on that date for FRA-BKK (and a number of other dates) and did three in C. After that, I made a few tweaks, reissued a few times (it was out of UA Plat account), and one day I noticed the C seats had magically changed to F! I have no idea what happened. At first I was super-suspicious the SHARES (UA) and Amadeus (LH) PNRs were out of sync, because they're still selling two F seats, but I looked up the LH record locator on CheckMyTrip and it's O-class there for all PNRs as well. It'd be a great reimbursement opportunity for some HON Circle person who regularly buys F anyway to buy two F seats on that flight. I guess RM thinks that selling 7 F so far ahead means it's inevitable one will cancel, but RM's not smart enough to know it's a family with all same last names...

ETA: Was the YYZ-MUC bonanza more widespread than just that route? I was amazed FRA-BKK had any LH F so far ahead, but someone told me it was normal for that route. Is that true?
Not normal. MUC-YUL/YYZ had to do with route introductions I believe. But at the same time something was changing on the FRA-BKK route (I think it might have had something to do with the route to KUL as well which was changing). The changes caused things to open up when they normally wouldn't have.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/11/08/lh-seasia-s14/
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by seacarl
I found that the LH First Class tool was just plain wrong for my flight last night (LH491-27JAN). During the 48 hours prior to the flight, including 6 hours before flight when the inbound aircraft was well underway, it gave me the green signal for the new First. But when I boarded it was decidedly the old Blue product. Even the flight attendants said they have been expecting the new.

The blue seats with mattress pad and duvet can still be comfortable, but the seat controls and IFE are certainly dated.
By the way, I really like the new LH F product upstairs on the 744. Having the bed as a fixed flat mattress next to the seat is very sweet. In addition to being good for sleeping, you can use the bed as a shelf for newspapers or to put your computer during meal service, and the storage drawer is very generous. I think it's my favorite version of LH F. It's really too bad that LH plans to remove F from the 744.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA 1MM. Former UA 1K, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SEA is going to a 2 class 343 with new C this summer.
I just reserved two F award seats (using M&M miles) on FRA-SEA for early next January. Is it common for LH to switch a route from three-class to two-class and then force passengers to downgrade? If so, this is a problem for me, since a big reason for flying LH on this route was to use the FCT, and obviously I wouldn't be able to do so if I'm in a C seat.

Should I wait for LH to contact me and then insist that they switch me to a different FRA-xxx flight with F, along with an xxx-SEA connection on UA? Or should I consider proactively switching flights? If so, what are my best options for long (e.g., 10+ hours) FRA-xxx flights to the US where I'm guaranteed not to lose F, and hopefully would have new F while I'm at it?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by seaflyguy
Should I wait for LH to contact me and then insist that they switch me to a different FRA-xxx flight with F, along with an xxx-SEA connection on UA? Or should I consider proactively switching flights? If so, what are my best options for long (e.g., 10+ hours) FRA-xxx flights to the US where I'm guaranteed not to lose F, and hopefully would have new F while I'm at it?
You're pretty much guaranteed to have F on FRA-SFO/LAX.

Or, you can fly ex MUC in F, and get access to FCT in FRA.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Wait and see (or sea ). Maybe they go back to 3 class service in Winter. The A330s will probably be mostly retrofitted by then. The W14-15 Scheduled will be firmed around July. If your flight is downgraded to two class, you have to contact UA to reroute you.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If your flight is downgraded to two class, you have to contact UA to reroute you.
I just reserved two F award seats (using M&M miles) on FRA-SEA for early next January.
Or perhaps contact LH/M&M since the award was booked with M&M miles?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:54 pm

Your seats changing from I to O is really odd, but it sounds like the changes are actually in your favor.
I had no idea that FRA-BKK F seats also got released when the YYZ-MUC F seats got released.
Had I known, I might have booked the BKK route as well even though they appear to be the old F seats.
Just out of curiosity, was there any other Asia route that had seats open in F during that time?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Need some advice. I'm booked in C to FRA in July (on a F ticket) and am hoping to find F at T-14 days. I'm open to any US airport LH flies to FRA. What's the best way to increase my chance of landing a new F? Are there some airports to avoid that tend to fly old F or are more prone to swap with old F? Thanks for any advice.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: AA Plat
I'm currently working on booking a from MUC back to ORD and I'm contemplating booking the 346 direct from MUC or spending the extra 100 bucks to connect through FRA (obviously there are other benefits through FRA like the first class terminal which may just make the decision for me I think the only reason I'm considering the MUC flight is that the times are better and one less connection is nice). The later FRA flight has the 744...I realize there are 2 744 yet to be changed to new first and 3 346 yet to be changed....Are these pretty safe routes to get new first on? Which would yall go with? I checked the think on LHs website and it looked like the 346 was pretty consistently new first until a few random days in April....not sure what to do as I really want to fly new first.

Thanks

Last edited by Digital01; Feb 7, 2014 at 5:21 am
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:02 am

New first Retro fitted LH

Hi, what does it mean when it says new first retro fitted on LH flights?

Whats the difference?

Like this one:

A333 : 11 aircraft with new F, of which 8 were retrofitted.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hetsigehans
Hi, what does it mean when it says new first retro fitted on LH flights?

Whats the difference?

Like this one:

A333 : 11 aircraft with new F, of which 8 were retrofitted.
Some aircraft were delivered with new F cabins and therefore not retrofitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.