New First class retrofit thread

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 27, 15, 1:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 2, 15, 5:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
D-AIHI on the way to HKG. D-AIHM landed in HKG at 08:28 UTC, 2 June.

D-AIHI landed in HKG at 12:49 UTC.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 2, 15 at 7:34 am
Old Jun 2, 15, 11:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

D-AIHM, the last LH aircraft with old F (A346) safely arrived in MNL at 16:37 UTC today for a retrofit. ^

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 2, 15 at 2:12 pm
Old Jun 2, 15, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I've lost track! I think there is still one A343 (D-AIGP) with old F somewhere. I wonder when it is going to be turned into a proper two-class aircraft.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 2, 15 at 3:52 pm
Old Jun 5, 15, 3:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
GP is still in service with old F seats, came back from DUB after a line check, and did a simple FRA-JED-ADD rotation this week. I suspect its a spare or rather on standby in FRA in case any A330 or 343 have technical issues.
Old Jun 27, 15, 9:50 am
Original Poster

D-AIGP, the last A343 with the old First Class cabin, is on its way to MLA for a retrofit into a two-class aircraft without the F cabin. This means there is no more old First Class seat on any LH aircraft in service!

Thanks Boeing_747SP for the alert!
Old Jul 15, 15, 4:32 am

I'm confused - wiki says "There is no LH aircraft in service with the old First Class cabin as of 27 June 2015!" yet the 5 744's based out of FRA still appear to have bed+seat combo. Has LH announced when those remaining 5 aircraft are going to be retrofitted?
Old Jul 15, 15, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by d0t3hchacha View Post
I'm confused - wiki says "There is no LH aircraft in service with the old First Class cabin as of 27 June 2015!" yet the 5 744's based out of FRA still appear to have bed+seat combo. Has LH announced when those remaining 5 aircraft are going to be retrofitted?
Those are not considered old F for the purpose of this wiki and they won't have F at all after the retrofit.
Old Jul 15, 15, 5:38 am

The seat+bed combo is not "Old First Class cabin" for the purposes of this thread.
Old Jul 15, 15, 6:08 am
Original Poster

If you want to know what the OLD First Class seats on the 744 looked like please refer to the third photo in this post. The second photo shows the new (current) First Class seat aka bed+seat.
Old Jul 15, 15, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
If you want to know what the OLD First Class seats on the 744 looked like please refer to the third photo in this post. The second photo shows the new (current) First Class seat aka bed+seat.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Original question still stands though - have they announced when exactly these seat+bed combos are going to be discontinued?
Old Jul 16, 15, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Original question still stands though - have they announced when exactly these seat+bed combos are going to be discontinued?
Three are currently been turned into two-class aircraft and one more (D-ABVM) will also be turned into a two-class aircraft. Two are expected to retire during the summer and two more possibly before the end of the year.
Old Jul 27, 15, 4:09 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Three are currently been turned into two-class aircraft and one more (D-ABVM) will also be turned into a two-class aircraft. Two are expected to retire during the summer and two more possibly before the end of the year.
I'm eyeing a once-in-lifetime F trip in 3 months and the route I'm looking at has the 744 F. Now reading here I am worried to book it at all due to above quote. It is F or nothing for this case. Does your quote mean I will highly risk being "downgraded" to a business cabin? I also wonder how Lufthansa would compensate such situation if that happened.
Old Jul 27, 15, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
I'm eyeing a once-in-lifetime F trip in 3 months and the route I'm looking at has the 744 F. Now reading here I am worried to book it at all due to above quote. It is F or nothing for this case. Does your quote mean I will highly risk being "downgraded" to a business cabin? I also wonder how Lufthansa would compensate such situation if that happened.
Which route are you looking at?
Old Jul 30, 15, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Only three 744 with seat+bed left in the fleet now.
Bye bye D-ABVH(744)
Old Jul 30, 15, 10:01 am

I noticed that there are still Seat + Bed 747s going to DEN and BOS. Is there a reason they are showing no F inventory while SEA is still show F class inventory?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: