Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Limo pick up at FRA when arriving on Intra-Schengen connecting onto LX F

Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP

Hi folks,

Looked around for ages for an answer on this, but didn't seem to succeed as it is really rather specific.

Ok, so the itinerary looks as follows:

VNO-FRA LH Economy - no Biz available on the day
FRA-ZRH LX Biz
ZRH-BKK LX First

All on the same day.

So, the question is, if my inbound flight from VNO arrives at a non-gate position, will LH's system be smart enough to send a limo to pick me up since I am connecting to LX first on the same day?

I know that if I am connecting to a LH F at FRA directly, there system would definitely send a car but not sure if it is the case when I have one further connection to make the LX F. And also, does the VNO-FRA leg in economy has any impact on the limo pick up?

I am certian that I will be able to use both the FCT/FCL at FRA and the FCL at ZRH though.

Cheers guys!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ldnhlj
Hi folks,

Looked around for ages for an answer on this, but didn't seem to succeed as it is really rather specific.

Ok, so the itinerary looks as follows:

VNO-FRA LH Economy - no Biz available on the day
FRA-ZRH LX Biz
ZRH-BKK LX First

All on the same day.

So, the question is, if my inbound flight from VNO arrives at a non-gate position, will LH's system be smart enough to send a limo to pick me up since I am connecting to LX first on the same day?
Maybe (and it is a maybe) if you are a HON circle member. Otherwise no car pickup for apron.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:05 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I don't think there's any "system" to send a limo to pick up anybody. Someone has to arrange it if appropriate and available.

I know that if I am connecting to a LH F at FRA directly, there system would definitely send a car...
Despite what lh.com claims nothing is "definite" as far as limo pickup is concerned IMHO.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
... I know that if I am connecting to a LH F at FRA directly, there system would definitely send a car ...
Even that wouldn't be for sure.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mapu
Even that wouldn't be for sure.
+1
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for the inputs. When i said that if connecting to LH F, a limo will be sent, i was speaking from a recent experience where i was flying MAD-FRA-ICN in Lh C+F. Our captain said we were getting a gate position like 10 mins before landing, but then at 5 mins before landing said that we will be arriving at an apron position instead. And when i left the aircraft, a car was waiting for me.

It was this chain of events that led me into thinking that there is some kinda system in place. Otherwise how did they notice that i was suddenly landing at an apron position then?

Do you guys think that i should call LH closer to depature date to get a note put into their system regarding this? Will the check in agents at VNO be able to do anything?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Maybe (and it is a maybe) if you are a HON circle member. Otherwise no car pickup for apron.
Are you saying this because i am flying LX F rather than LH F? Or is this a general statement regarding all limo pickups?

If it is general, then it is definitely not the case as per my recent experience posted above as i wasnt HON, but still got picked up on the basis of onward LH F?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:21 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

All I'm saying is one cannot say something is "definite" because it happened once. Why is limo pickup so important?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
All I'm saying is one cannot say something is "definite" because it happened once. Why is limo pickup so important?
OK, my bad, i take back the word. was just trying to speculate/guess what goes on behind the scene, that's all.

It is not so important per se, but this trip is kinda a present for the special one, so wanted to maximise the F experience.

Might get on the phone to LH/LX and try my luck.

Still thanks a lot folks, will report back if I get any positive response.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:09 am

OK, my bad, i take back the word. was just trying to speculate/guess what goes on behind the scene, that's all.

It is not so important per se, but this trip is kinda a present for the special one, so wanted to maximise the F experience.

Might get on the phone to LH/LX and try my luck.

Still thanks a lot folks, will report back if I get any positive response.
LH has in the past sent a car for pax departing in F from FRA on LH when these Pax arrive on apron position if capacity = limos are available.
However as far as LH is concerned - you are not a F Pax as you are departing to ZRH from FRA which offers no F.
They will let you use the lounges though

Cheers

Thomas
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, Twice I got a fancy car when connecting in FRA on ZRH-FRA-NYC. But when I was connecting EWR-FRA-DEL, both in F, they only had a separate bus for the 6 F pax at FRA when we arrived (apron position). And we had to wait for this one fat slowpoke to disembark. But I guess it was still better than having to take the regular bus.

I wouldn't expect special pick-up in FRA if you're not flying F in or out of FRA. But you'll get it in ZRH if you come in to an apron position.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
FWIW, Twice I got a fancy car when connecting in FRA on ZRH-FRA-NYC. But when I was connecting EWR-FRA-DEL, both in F, they only had a separate bus for the 6 F pax at FRA when we arrived (apron position). And we had to wait for this one fat slowpoke to disembark. But I guess it was still better than having to take the regular bus.
That is one of the quirks of the system in FRA - when you arrive in F on apron position that you have to take the F Bus - but on the same flight in whY as HOn you will get a limo

I remember coming in once in F and there were some problems with the busses so only the MB buslimo for the HON in C and whY where there - but the driver at first refused to take me...

I wouldn't expect special pick-up in FRA if you're not flying F in or out of FRA. But you'll get it in ZRH if you come in to an apron position.
In ZRH there is no pick up by limo from apron - neither for F nor for HON

Cheers

Thomas
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by tcswede
In ZRH there is no pick up by limo from apron - neither for F nor for HON
Except for a very tight connection. In addition there are new Business Class buses ("12-seat Mercedes Sprinters that have been specially fitted out in the SWISS design") for apron arrivals.

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw..._20111201.aspx
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:20 am

ZRH longhauls NEVER leave from an apron position. You might get a ferry in the van from the FCL to terminal E.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It was this chain of events that led me into thinking that there is some kinda system in place. Otherwise how did they notice that i was suddenly landing at an apron position then?

Do you guys think that i should call LH closer to depature date to get a note put into their system regarding this? Will the check in agents at VNO be able to do anything?
There is a system in place. If you depart from an LH station the system will generate a list of F/HON pax for the limo despatcher(s) in MUC & FRA and they judge whether to send a limo to the apron position depending on demand and supply. If VNO is a station that doesn't use the LH DCS software to dispatch the flight, the handling agent will send a telex to the despatcher in FRA/MUC with the info that connecting F/HON pax are onboard. I seriously doubt the despatcher will send a limo pickup at busy times for a LX F pax. You certainly should waltz over to the FCT to make sure you get the limo ride to the car if it rings your bell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.