Wiki Posts
Search

SN starts NYC ops, eff 01JUN2012

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2011, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
SN starts NYC ops, eff 01JUN2012

SN loaded their first transatlantic flight from BRU to JFK. Flights will be daily with the Airbus A330-300 which will have the new economy and business class seats (the A333 fleet is being overhauled as we speak).

Schedule:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.8.1/Diamond - Amadeus: Timetable/NL-BCDF]
Code:
BRU  Brussels Metro / National BE = BRU CRL ZYR [EBBR]
JFK  New York John F Kennedy Intl NY US [KJFK]
MON  25 Jun 2012 - 02 Jul 2012

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ----------------------------------------------------------------
SN         501     BRU   10:20     JFK   12:35     333  0   1234567     08:15       -       1   01 Jun   27 Oct
Code:

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ----------------------------------------------------------------
SN         502     JFK   17:15     BRU   06:25 +1  333  0   1234567     07:10       1       -   01 Jun   26 Oct

Opening fares ex-BRU all in:

Economy: 400 EUR (K class)
Business: 2.166 EUR (Z class)

Ex-JFK it seems a "bit" more expensive:

Economy: 994 USD (L class)
Business: 4.204 USD (Z class)

Both out on June 1st and return on June 5th
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:31 am

inaugural flight SN501 BRU-JFK

Thanks for sharing Bralo20. Booked the inaugural BRU-JFK SN501 flight on June 1st in Y. New SN A330 cabin will be revealed on Jan 10, 2012. Some rumours indicate it would be similar to the LX cabin? "Flat beds" in C.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Yup, that's correct, from the information I have the cabins will be very similar to LX with (nearly) identical C seats. Also AVOD IFE will be installed with 15" screens in C and 9" screens in Y. The system will be the RAVE system from IMS.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Great news! Also opens up another route for *A redemptions ^
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH SEN
That's a pretty steep Z fare for such a short flight. I've been flying through FRA (including the silly detour) for around 1600-1900EUR in Z. I'm not sure avoiding the detour is worth that much to me. The detour brings in 4000 miles too (in Z).
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: Miles&More
The slight delay in that announcement was due to the fact that SN wanted to be absolutely sure to offer its new in-flight product.

There seems to be a looooong queue to retrofit cabins those days.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:38 am

Looking at CO.com, there are 8+ award seats in both classes on every flight through EOS. Wow.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:11 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by trouble_
That's a pretty steep Z fare for such a short flight. I've been flying through FRA (including the silly detour) for around 1600-1900EUR in Z. I'm not sure avoiding the detour is worth that much to me. The detour brings in 4000 miles too (in Z).
If I'm not mistaken, however, straight fares are more expensive than ones with a detour and earning more miles
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH SEN
Lightbulb Brussels as a transit airport - Eek!

Hum. A horrible thought about this route struck me as I was making my way out of the A terminal last night: Brussels as a transit airport.

Imagine you arrive from somewhere in Europe at gate A5x and need to connect to the NYC flight at B0x (assuming they'll put it with the other North America bound flights at that end of the B terminal - if they put it at B4x, you're really in for a treat) - that's nearly a half hour walk without security checkpoint. All the way through the A pier, a misconfigured pair of escalators if you don't know to take the lift, past security and through the endless tunnel packed with people blocking the moving carpets, up three flights of misconfigured escalators (again, assuming you don't know to take the lift) and then the most boring corridor in the world to the B terminal.

I can see Brussels "working" as a transit airport if you're going from A to T (Africa), but A to B or vice versa makes Frankfurt or Heathrow look good. Unless they arrange frequent bus service from the far end of A to the middle of B? There's a security checkpoint in the "dead tunnel" on the B arrivals level, but I don't think I've ever seen it operate? Does anyone know how they will make this work? Or will transit passengers be advised to be in good shape for a long hike?

(I've been saying since they built it, that whoever decided that putting the A terminal where it is was a good idea, should be made to walk that tunnel for all eternity. If they were smart, they'd have built it where the control tower is, on the other side of the airfield, and furnished it with check-in, baggage handling and passport control and a train station. Not in the middle of the airfield not connected to anything. Come to think of it, the endless tunnel often feels like an afterthought. Did they even consider the possibility that people might want to get in to the building?)
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I doubt the SN NYC service was put in place to source traffic from the rest of Europe. Its primarily meant to ferry captive BRU customers to NYC.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:34 am

The flights have disappeared from the ANA tool...
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Hum. A horrible thought about this route struck me as I was making my way out of the A terminal last night: Brussels as a transit airport.

Imagine you arrive from somewhere in Europe at gate A5x and need to connect to the NYC flight at B0x (assuming they'll put it with the other North America bound flights at that end of the B terminal - if they put it at B4x, you're really in for a treat) - that's nearly a half hour walk without security checkpoint. All the way through the A pier, a misconfigured pair of escalators if you don't know to take the lift, past security and through the endless tunnel packed with people blocking the moving carpets, up three flights of misconfigured escalators (again, assuming you don't know to take the lift) and then the most boring corridor in the world to the B terminal.

I can see Brussels "working" as a transit airport if you're going from A to T (Africa), but A to B or vice versa makes Frankfurt or Heathrow look good. Unless they arrange frequent bus service from the far end of A to the middle of B? There's a security checkpoint in the "dead tunnel" on the B arrivals level, but I don't think I've ever seen it operate? Does anyone know how they will make this work? Or will transit passengers be advised to be in good shape for a long hike?

(I've been saying since they built it, that whoever decided that putting the A terminal where it is was a good idea, should be made to walk that tunnel for all eternity. If they were smart, they'd have built it where the control tower is, on the other side of the airfield, and furnished it with check-in, baggage handling and passport control and a train station. Not in the middle of the airfield not connected to anything. Come to think of it, the endless tunnel often feels like an afterthought. Did they even consider the possibility that people might want to get in to the building?)
Exactly my point with BRU - never want to transit there after experiencing Jet Airways BRU transits!

Also, this routing would compete with Jet's flights to JFK/EWR, but they are running with good loads anyway, so no problem for 9w, I gather...
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
9W sources their traffic from India, the European traffic is secondary anyway... although the pricing of flights to YYZ and JFK with LH/SN feeders to BRU is/was fantastic. Plus they are prone to FDs... @:-)
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, SPG platinum
Do you find 1600EUR-1900EUR fares on a regular basis (i.e. outside sales period of Xmas and Easter)? It seems to me that 2100EUR is pretty similar to a Z fare via FRA.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, SPG platinum
Originally Posted by Bralo20
SN loaded their first transatlantic flight from BRU to JFK. Flights will be daily with the Airbus A330-300 which will have the new economy and business class seats (the A333 fleet is being overhauled as we speak).

Schedule:

Code:

SN         501     BRU   10:20     JFK   12:35     333  0   1234567     08:15       -       1   01 Jun   27 Oct
Code:

SN         502     JFK   17:15     BRU   06:25 +1  333  0   1234567     07:10       1       -   01 Jun   26 Oct
It is a nice service but I am really not convinced by the timing.

A later departure would be much more convenient for business traffic. You waste almost a day going there (unless you have afternoon meeting in JFK but you are really counting on no delay) and an arrival in BRU at 6AM is too early and you end up in your office at 8AM with a very bad night of sleep. Also, all NA flights leave early from BRU. I am convinced a 3PM departure from BRU and a 10PM departure from JFK would be better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.