Wiki Posts
Search

Electronic Boarding Pass from LH nearly worthless in Incheon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2011, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, TG, LH
Electronic Boarding Pass from LH nearly worthless in Incheon

My return flight ICN-FRA was on the 25th.December and since I just wanted to get back to my wife I planned to get early to the airport and wait in the Asiana Lounge. In the hotel I used the LH-webpage to check-in and choose to printout my Boarding pass, rather then receiving it on my phone in case something happens to it. I left the hotel early and arrived after 6:00 at the airport.

After standing in line for some time for the security check I was refused to enter, because I needed an additional stamp by Lufthansa, for which he showed me a sample printout. It took me some time to locate the LH airline office, since the counter only open sometime after 11:00, only to read that it opens at 9:00. By 9:00 I was getting cold by now, the same lady gave me the missing stamp, and provided me with her number just in case I would have additional problems. I soon learned that her assumption was right, because again after waiting in a different line closer to the office I was told that I need in addition to the stamp a signature.

Back to LH airline office, the lady not only signed my boarding pass, but offered to accompany me back upstairs. Standing in line again, only a this time a bit shorter, we were offered a short-cut after we made it half the way. By 9:30 I finally had made it to the Asiana lounge, wondering why neither the airport nor LH does post this requirement anywhere at the entrances to the security checks nor at their websites, or if the would have accepted the stamp and signature at my cell-phone.

Did anyone encounter other airports beside Incheon, where electronic boarding passes seem to be worthless when no airline counter or office is open?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, AA CK, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, KAL MC, Hyatt Globalist, Sixt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by snn47
My return flight ICN-FRA was on the 25th.December and since I just wanted to get back to my wife I planned to get early to the airport and wait in the Asiana Lounge. In the hotel I used the LH-webpage to check-in and choose to printout my Boarding pass, rather then receiving it on my phone in case something happens to it. I left the hotel early and arrived after 6:00 at the airport.

After standing in line for some time for the security check I was refused to enter, because I needed an additional stamp by Lufthansa, for which he showed me a sample printout. It took me some time to locate the LH airline office, since the counter only open sometime after 11:00, only to read that it opens at 9:00. By 9:00 I was getting cold by now, the same lady gave me the missing stamp, and provided me with her number just in case I would have additional problems. I soon learned that her assumption was right, because again after waiting in a different line closer to the office I was told that I need in addition to the stamp a signature.

Back to LH airline office, the lady not only signed my boarding pass, but offered to accompany me back upstairs. Standing in line again, only a this time a bit shorter, we were offered a short-cut after we made it half the way. By 9:30 I finally had made it to the Asiana lounge, wondering why neither the airport nor LH does post this requirement anywhere at the entrances to the security checks nor at their websites, or if the would have accepted the stamp and signature at my cell-phone.

Did anyone encounter other airports beside Incheon, where electronic boarding passes seem to be worthless when no airline counter or office is open?
I was on the same flight as the only passgenger in F. I checked some bags so didn't have that issue but normally do the online checkin. Will know next time to be aware of this.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, TG, LH
I remember seeing a single passenger across the cabin in F when I put my carry on into the bin. Normally I check in a bag so I don't use online checkin.

Since there are a few airports where it's more unpleasant not able to enter I wrote to LH and asked them for clarification on this.

Have a happy and safe new year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.