Wiki Posts
Search

Short LH segment connecting to other *A - Interlining baggage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Short LH segment connecting to other *A - Interlining baggage

In August, my girlfriend had a HAM-AMS (LH), AMS-EWR (CO) itinerary. Even though it was on the same reservation, LH told her that they could /not/ check through because she could not see the AMS-EWR segment. She ended up having to have a customer service agent in AMS manually have the baggage interlined. It worked out in the end, but she barely made the connection.

In AMS, the customer service agent said the original agent in HAM was wrong to not check the baggage through. That's correct, isn't it? LH should have been able to check it all the way through?

I ask because we have another close connection in the future where we're going HAM-FRA (LH) and FRA-EWR (SQ). The SQ itinerary shows the LH segment, but not vice versa. I'm worried that LH will also give us the same story about not see the connection and therefore will not check our bags through.

What's the best way to be prepared for this? As these itineraries were (in both cases) purchased using CO miles, would a printout of the entire itinerary from CO be enough?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:26 pm

Yes, a printout of the itinerary is enough.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 7:53 am

Call CO and ask for the LH PNR (if different) - this might help in finding the reservation.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by kaw5
I ask because we have another close connection in the future where we're going HAM-FRA (LH) and FRA-EWR (SQ).....
... the only small problem may be, that SQ does not fly FRA-EWR at all
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rotanes
... the only small problem may be, that SQ does not fly FRA-EWR at all
haha...sorry. This leg is to JFK. I almost always use EWR as my hub when I travel, but I really want to fly on the A380s, so I'm stepping out a little.

Last edited by kaw5; Dec 24, 2011 at 12:33 pm
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
Call CO and ask for the LH PNR (if different) - this might help in finding the reservation.
I did do this. I have the CO, LH and SQ PNRs. In my original post, when I referred to the LH and SQ itineraries, I meant what each airline's PNR brings on up their respective airline's website. CO of course shows everything, but LH and SQ only show portions, and unfortunately, LH does not show the FRA-JFK segment.

I'll just make sure to show up in HAM armed with every PNR and a printout of the itinerary. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:51 am

Not sure what else you could have done- maybe call and ask them to note in the PNR which flight you are connecting to so they can manually print the tag?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:23 pm

I had a similar situation a while ago. Two different tickets on two different reservation systems. The LH agent was able to enter the connecting flight manually.
If that happens you need to tell the connecting airline about your bags when you check in - otherwise they cannot link the bags to a person and most likely they will be left behind. Just either show them the tags when you get your connecting boarding pass or at the transfer desk/gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.