Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More

New Seats/Aircraft for SN (Brussels Airlines) - When? [merged: retrofit complete]

New Seats/Aircraft for SN (Brussels Airlines) - When? [merged: retrofit complete]

Old Nov 26, 11, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Question New Seats/Aircraft for SN (Brussels Airlines) - When? [merged: retrofit complete]

I have been told that SN is getting a new plane(s) from LX and will be getting new seats with the excellent LX style business class layout and personal TVs in economy class. Where can I find details about this? How many planes is SN getting, how many long-haul aircraft will SN have total, and when can I expect the new seats on the BRU-(DLA)-NSI-(DLA)-BRU route? I used to use LX to/from NSI but soon LX will no longer be an option. I have flown SN a number of times but find their current hard product old...
Old Nov 27, 11, 2:32 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
I just flew one yesterday, and came to post about it since I couldn't find any information before my flight. My background comes from an a.net post, so...

So, SN has acquired a few A330-200s from LX, and started flying the first ones in the last two months. I think I spotted two at BRU yesterday morning. Seems like they are using them on longer Africa routes; I flew BRU-KGL-EBB. Seatmaps are not updated for SN, either on their website, or seatguru. However, seatguru's maps for the 2-class LX A330-200 are accurate for configuration and numbering. The cabin looked like the IFE screens (6" or so, looped movies, not AVOD) had all been replaced, as had all the seat fabrics and carpets. I was in Y, but glancing at the C cabin, it was recliners rather than pods, so not a new longhaul C product. C food looked OK, but not exceptional.

This was my first time on an A332, and it was only OK for a longhaul. I took the aisle exit row 28, and for the first time on any plane, I felt genuinely disturbed by bathroom traffic. There really is no place other than the area in front of the exit for a second person waiting for the lav to stand, and because the overhead bins are low, anyone taller than 5'4" has to duck and contort and take up all sorts of horizontal space, in the relatively small area in front of that seat. I eventually had to lift my movie monitor halfway to keep my knees from getting bumped from the aisle side, but if I stuck my feet straight out, they'd get trampled pretty regularly. This was compounded by relatively uncomfortable seat cushioning.
Old Nov 27, 11, 3:06 am

Programs: LH SEN
SN has at the moment 5 A330-300's and 1 (ex LX) A330-200

In early 2012 a second A330-200 (ex LX) will join the fleet.

None of these aircrafts have already the new interior, as they will only start installing it starting Feb 2012.
First all -300's will go and at the end of 2012 the -200's

The -200's have already a personal, non-AVOD IFE for each pax in C and Y so already a bit better than the really outdated IFE on the -300's

The new seats in C will indeed be the new LX C class seats! So a huge step forward from the old cocoon seats that are almost all broken...

There is 1 -300 (OO-SFV) that has the old, non cocoon style seats, aswell as the 2 ex LX birds

Hopes this answers your question a bit
Old Nov 27, 11, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by HighInTheSky87 View Post
SN has at the moment 5 A330-300's and 1 (ex LX) A330-200

In early 2012 a second A330-200 (ex LX) will join the fleet.

None of these aircrafts have already the new interior, as they will only start installing it starting Feb 2012.
First all -300's will go and at the end of 2012 the -200's

The -200's have already a personal, non-AVOD IFE for each pax in C and Y so already a bit better than the really outdated IFE on the -300's

The new seats in C will indeed be the new LX C class seats! So a huge step forward from the old cocoon seats that are almost all broken...

There is 1 -300 (OO-SFV) that has the old, non cocoon style seats, aswell as the 2 ex LX birds

Hopes this answers your question a bit
Thanks! Very informative.

Do you know if they will assign a specific plane to a specific route after the Feb 2012 install begins? Will I be able to know what product I will get booking SN to/from NSI next year?
Old Nov 28, 11, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by crazyMRer View Post
Thanks! Very informative.

Do you know if they will assign a specific plane to a specific route after the Feb 2012 install begins? Will I be able to know what product I will get booking SN to/from NSI next year?
There will be no specific plane assigned to any route, however the chances that you will fly with an -300 is quite large due to the large demand of cargo capacity on the route.

IIRC by June 2012 all A330-300's will have been refitted, just in time for the start of the flights to JFK.
Old Dec 5, 11, 8:09 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
My return flight on EBB-BRU was swapped to the A333, supposedly because of passenger loads (we had empty space, so it may have been loads on BRU-KGL). Lost my exit row in the process.
Old Feb 8, 12, 9:14 am

New SN Brussels business class?

Saw for the New York flight they are getting the same buz class seats as LX
Will this be complete on all 5 A333's by next christmas?
Old Feb 8, 12, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by CLTF View Post
Saw for the New York flight they are getting the same buz class seats as LX
Will this be complete on all 5 A333's by next christmas?

Yes. 5 A333's will be refitted by end of October 2012, and the 2 A332's will be ready by end of December 2012.

JFK flights will always be preformed by a refitted A330.
Old Feb 8, 12, 5:02 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Even though SN is using the same seat platform as LX, they won't be using the same config. Instead of LX's 2-2-1, 1-2-1 layout, SN is going for 2-1-2, 1-2-1. As well as some other differences here and there, the most noticeable one being the new RAVE IFE platform and the centre console for the double seats will be angled.

Also for those who are wondering, SN will be retaining the same number of seats in both classes.
Old Feb 21, 12, 8:42 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
OO-SFW is the first A333 being converted with the new cabin and IFE.
Old Feb 21, 12, 11:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
We are considering flying BRU-JFK-BRU on SN with our baby that is yet to be born but would be 5 months when we travel. Anybody knows whether there will be a bassinet for the baby in business class? If so, which seats would we need to book?
Old Feb 21, 12, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
The middle seats in the first row of C seem to be designated for parent + infant.

Code:
SM SN  0501  D 06JUL BRUJFK        33B                                          
        A  B  C     D  E  F     G  H  J  K                                      
C  1 B  /           F     F              .  B 1  C                              
   2    .     .        .           .     .    2                                 
   3    /           .     .              .    3                                 
   4    .     .        .           .     .    4                                 
   5    /           .     .              .    5                                 
   6    .     .        .           .     .    6                                 
   7                .     .              .    7                                 
        A  B  C     D  E  F     G  H  J  K                                      

. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT               
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET               
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L TOILET  U UMNR              
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR              
>
Old Feb 21, 12, 4:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Thanks! Good to know. And OT: I guess we can book a M&M award for an unborn child? We are unfortunately both losing our SEN status at the end of this month, so need to book now to get companion award.
Old Feb 22, 12, 2:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
You can add the child later if its an award issued by M&M. No miles required, just 20-30 in taxes. The system would reject an attempt to add an unborn as the date of birth is the future. I've responded at length to thread about this in the *A and bmi DC forum.
Old Feb 26, 12, 7:40 pm

brussels airlines a330-200 c class

would anyone know what the business seats are like on this aircraft? flying nbo-bru and can't find any information in the normal locations,

thank you!

Search this Thread