Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

New Seats/Aircraft for SN (Brussels Airlines) - When? [merged: retrofit complete]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Seats/Aircraft for SN (Brussels Airlines) - When? [merged: retrofit complete]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Atuchan
Thank you for the update. So I believe the OO-SFN is the last plane to be upgraded this year.
Indeed and it's already in MLA getting retrofitted.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by hamallu
^
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
Last A333 still on schedule to have the new C by end of the month?
Going to BRU in early November. Would want to try the new C, but definitively need the sleep on the way over first and foremost, so can't chance an old C.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam ElitePlus, EK Gold
Any idea how quickly OO-SFY and OO-SFZ will be going in? I'll be Flying NBO-BRU on 17 November.. I suppose no chance of both A332's being done by then... but any chance either SFY or SFZ will be in and we will get a A333??
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:58 pm

OO-SFN is back in service and brings to an end the retrofits for the A333 fleet. Next up are the A332s.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:13 pm

OO-SFZ is in MLA to get it's retrofit. However, it will take much longer than that of the A333s. Firstly as this will be the first A332 so will need to get its STC certified by EASA inspectors and there is a much larger scope of work to get these ex-SR birds up to the new standards.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:11 pm

OO-SFZ is in MLA to get it's retrofit. However, it will take much longer than that of the A333s. Firstly as this will be the first A332 so will need to get its STC certified by EASA inspectors and there is a much larger scope of work to get these ex-SR birds up to the new standards.
Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by COLifetimeFlyer
Any further updates on status of the new seat installation in the two SN A330-200? flying NBO-BRU c class on 30 September, hoping to hear that maybe they are ahead of schedule?!
Definitely not. I was on OO-SFZ just 10 days ago, and it was the miserable old configuration.

*Correction: looks like I was on the 3rd to last unlucky flight...it is indeed finally in for refit. Lucky me!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam ElitePlus, EK Gold
Thanks for the update! Now that OO-SFZ is in for the retrofit, does anybody have an idea whether NBO-BRU will have OO-SFY or an A333? Flying it on 17 November and hoping not to get the same old seats I have last time on 30 Sept!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:23 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Wow, I never thought that these two remaining birds will go to retrofit so quickly. I thought they will go after new year.

I need to weigh whether to fly TK (old angle flat from IAD to IST) or UA/SN combination next time I come to Africa.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: united mp
Any update on the refit status of the 332's?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by drip1947
Any update on the refit status of the 332's?
Have a look on flightradar24.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: united mp
Thanks. If I read the info on the site correctly, OO-SFZ is out of refit and back in the schedule. OO-SFY has not gone in for refit yet.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by drip1947
Thanks. If I read the info on the site correctly, OO-SFZ is out of refit and back in the schedule. OO-SFY has not gone in for refit yet.
Yup, SFZ left yesterday and SFY won't be scheduled until next year.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So just one bird refitted so far? Was really hoping to have a refitted C plane on my LFW-Ougadougou-BRU flight in late January.

Will be doing a Y flight to Kigali in early January, but any type of refit won't do me much good in the back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.