Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

New Seats/Aircraft for SN (Brussels Airlines) - When? [merged: retrofit complete]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Seats/Aircraft for SN (Brussels Airlines) - When? [merged: retrofit complete]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: All of the Above
Is there a list of updated 332? Traveling EBB-BRU on a 332, but not sure if it's a remodeled plane yet or not. Any way to tell?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:18 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Is there a list of updated 332? Traveling EBB-BRU on a 332, but not sure if it's a remodeled plane yet or not. Any way to tell?
When are you flying? If I understand correctly, there will not be any 332 upgraded until next year. This is one of the reason why I will probably choose TK over SN for my flight to/from KGL later this year.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by DavidAL
As posted by HighInTheSky87 3 posts above yours, the 332s will be the last in the fleet to be retrofitted.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Brussels Business Class to Dakar

The website is showing an A330-300 as the aircraft and seatguru claims that all of the business class seats are flat bed style. SN's website also shows that the flat bed style seats are being rolled out to African destinations throughout the year.

Is there any way to know for sure that the BRU-DKR and DKR-BRU flights have been converted to the new business class? If they haven't been, what is the old business class like? I can't seem to find any information on it.

Thanks in advance. Trying to decide between SN, AF, and TP to Dakar.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The A333 are nearly all refitted, the refit will be complete by end of october. The old seat is a cradle seat from the late 90s.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by wfu03
The website is showing an A330-300 as the aircraft and seatguru claims that all of the business class seats are flat bed style. SN's website also shows that the flat bed style seats are being rolled out to African destinations throughout the year.

Is there any way to know for sure that the BRU-DKR and DKR-BRU flights have been converted to the new business class? If they haven't been, what is the old business class like? I can't seem to find any information on it.

Thanks in advance. Trying to decide between SN, AF, and TP to Dakar.
Check on this post from Oliver2002 on this thread.
Edit - Oliver already moved the thread, meanwhile

Until all planes are switched there is always a chance of getting old BiZ

TP flies A32S, so you get Euro-BiZ, middle seat empty.
AF IIRC flies 772, lie flat.

GBM

Last edited by GBM.flights; Aug 14, 2012 at 9:06 am Reason: Oliver already merged the thread.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Atuchan
When are you flying? If I understand correctly, there will not be any 332 upgraded until next year. This is one of the reason why I will probably choose TK over SN for my flight to/from KGL later this year.
Which routes do the 332s typically fly?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Which routes do the 332s typically fly?
According to airlineroute for S12
Brussels – Bujumbura – Nairobi – Brussels 3 weekly
Brussels – Kigali – Entebbe – Brussels 3 weekly
Brussels – Kigali – Nairobi – Brussels 1 weekly
Brussels – Kinshasa 5 weekly
Brussels – Luanda – Kinshasa – Brussels 2 weekly

And a few more changes for the Winter season West and Sourthern Africa and East Africa

GBM
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:13 am

Lavatories were upgraded by MacCarthy Aviation in the UK. corian worktop stainless steel basin, new flooring, units and of course funky looking LED lighting
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam ElitePlus, EK Gold
Status of new seat installation in SN A330-200

Originally Posted by monahos
The five 333's will get the new cabins first. The two 332's should get theirs by December, as I recall.
Any further updates on status of the new seat installation in the two SN A330-200? flying NBO-BRU c class on 30 September, hoping to hear that maybe they are ahead of schedule?!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 4:06 am

OO-SFO is currently in MLA for its upgrade.

Originally Posted by grahamh
Lavatories were upgraded by MacCarthy Aviation in the UK. corian worktop stainless steel basin, new flooring, units and of course funky looking LED lighting
Actually the upgrades are performed by Lufthansa Technik in Malta too, it's just the upgrade kits and drawings supplied by MAC. Saves a lot of money instead of transporting a whole shipset of lavatories up and down Europe!!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:46 pm

[QUOTE=hamallu;19441549]OO-SFO is currently in MLA for its upgrade.

Is this the last A330-300 for the interior upgrade?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Atuchan
Originally Posted by hamallu
OO-SFO is currently in MLA for its upgrade.
Is this the last A330-300 for the interior upgrade?
Nope, this is the 4th of SN's 5 A333s.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 2:55 pm

OO-SFO is back in BRU.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by hamallu
Nope, this is the 4th of SN's 5 A333s.
Thank you for the update. So I believe the OO-SFN is the last plane to be upgraded this year.

I sure hope that the OO-SFY and the OO-SFZ will be upgraded soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.