Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

New Seats/Aircraft for SN (Brussels Airlines) - When? [merged: retrofit complete]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Seats/Aircraft for SN (Brussels Airlines) - When? [merged: retrofit complete]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:33 am

Programs: LH SEN
Do I understand correctly that Brussel airlines are refitting their birds to LX style Business class and Austrian airlines is tarting as well? Sweet. I never really looked into those carriers, but now...All the alternatives to LH popping up.
W
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Question How Do You Book SN Business Class ?

Hi all,

I have been trying to book SN Business Class online for the past 2 weeks, but the www.brusselsairlines.com site in all browsers will only display the "Lowest Fare Available" function.

I thought it could be a cookie on my computer but I get the same result on other platforms. Would such a flaw remain un-noticed and unresolved for such a long time ?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LH-usa.com shows it if you select 'LH Group' in the search mask... as you know it only shows Z not P fares in business though
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
I have been trying to book SN Business Class online for the past 2 weeks, but the www.brusselsairlines.com site in all browsers will only display the "Lowest Fare Available" function.
I have seen this remark in other threads also, but for me everything looks fine. I just tried for a BRU-JFK, 16/8-23/8, with "Type of service" Business, and I get the Business Class prices. (At least, I hope they're C-class: 1.927,83€. )
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:11 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
When I checked OO-SFW's movement via Fligthaware, I noticed that the bird is flying Western African routes only (ABJ, CKY, DLA, DKR, FNA, LFW). Any reason why it does not rotate with Central/East African routes?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:40 pm

Which routes are the refitted 330's flying? I am flying NBO to BRU in October. Any chance I'll get the new one?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by hamallu
On a side note, the 3rd retrofitted aircraft is about to re-enter service. OO-SFV has left MLA and will soon arrive in BRU as BEL9902.
Finally! I always felt cheated when I had to fly OO-SFV's business class. So is it safe to assume that all 333 have either full flat or angled flat seats?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Full flat on all new and retrofitted aircraft, they only have 7 A330s:

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/B...ctive-a330.htm

OO-SFM, -SFW, -SFV are done, the rest are due this year.
Are certain destinations always guaranteed the newest full flat? I know that JFK is...but now that more are being retrofitted, I was wondering if SN is promoting the service on exclusive routes.

I will be flying to Lome in October (which I believe is a 332 so probably the old config) and Luanda the same month as well (which is a 333 and am hoping it is the new config).

On another note, does economy on the 332 have AVOD?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
i see that SN have the same seats as SR

although the upholstery looks much more sexy in SR (but in reality its ugly plastic -a wood imitation)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are certain destinations always guaranteed the newest full flat? I know that JFK is...but now that more are being retrofitted, I was wondering if SN is promoting the service on exclusive routes.

I will be flying to Lome in October (which I believe is a 332 so probably the old config) and Luanda the same month as well (which is a 333 and am hoping it is the new config).

On another note, does economy on the 332 have AVOD?
They are refitting at a rapid pace, and some of the A332s are also refitted. Yes, economy also has avod.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
They are refitting at a rapid pace, and some of the A332s are also refitted. Yes, economy also has avod.
332 (OO-SFY & OO-SFZ) will be refitted by the end of the year?

It will be nice if there is a list of upgraded planes.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: LH
Anyone has an idea whether ABJ already regularly gets the new C?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by flo-e
Anyone has an idea whether ABJ already regularly gets the new C?
ABJ is indeed one of the destinations that regularly recieves one of the new cabins.

DLA/NSI is also most of the time a retrofitted a/c.

At the moment there are still only 3 a/c finished, during the busy summer months all 7 a/c will keep flying, but starting October the other 2 A333's will go to MLA for their heavy maintenance and retrofit, with the 2 A332's as last.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do LFW or LAD every see regular retrofitted aircraft?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by HighInTheSky87
ABJ is indeed one of the destinations that regularly recieves one of the new cabins.

DLA/NSI is also most of the time a retrofitted a/c.

At the moment there are still only 3 a/c finished, during the busy summer months all 7 a/c will keep flying, but starting October the other 2 A333's will go to MLA for their heavy maintenance and retrofit, with the 2 A332's as last.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.