Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON [08/2011 -]

Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HY Globalist, BY Titanium, QR Gold, TK Elite, SQ KFGL, UA SL, DL SL
TLV-ZRH , LX coach award ticket. Flight was packed, they upgraded me to biz.

TLV-IST, TK, again, coach was packed, last minute upgrade to biz.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Rose9875
Mar 26 LAX-MUC from C(D) to F, flight was quite empty until LH456 (LAX-FRA) got cancelled....
And another one on the return flight FRA-LAX on Mar 29, C(D) to F....not bad...
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN; Avis PLUS; HH Gold; SPG Gold; IGH Gold
BOG- FRA from I to F

second time after IAH- FRA form I to F in september

not bad with a paid Y ticket + 40,000 miles to I
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:24 pm

VIE-ZRH from X to C
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
LH seems to be doing a lot of this now - happened to me, but before I arrived at the airport - saw my seat allocation removed, then when I checked in physically, they said that they had some no-shows, so back to Y!

Originally Posted by olm022
Nope, it is not a joke... When the BP beeped, I was thinking "Aha, they do need volunteers for denied boarding, lovely..." and instead - such a slam on the face... Well, Austrian Airlines already has an email in their mail box. Those 90 minutes in the air from FCO to VIE let me do some typing :=-)
Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
... I hope it's All Fools Day post, right? it is so ***** cheap.
I would have asked right away about a compensation for involuntary downgrade.
mfk
Originally Posted by olm022
FCO-VIE T-->C (and then back to M). The flight was overbooked by 5 people in economy. Upon check-in, I was given a new boarding pass with a lovely fat big C letter on it. When boarding, the machine made beep sound and voila - a new boarding pass with my original seat in economy. The agent explained that there were 10 no show-ups who had checked in (I assume, they had done OLCI) and they did not need to upgrade me any more. When she finally understood why I was "downgraded," she actually said "Well, I am very ashamed to tell you, but Austrian decided to withdraw your upgrade..."
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

There seems to be a lot of opups from award tickets also. That confirms what I've personally experienced and hear from colleagues who scored opups on awards.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
FRA-NAP from S to J at the gate, yesterday.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:06 am

Got my first op up after achieving sen. this was my 4th flight after becoming sen.
FRA-ORD. I was sitting in my emergency exit seat when the FM came and told me that she could not ugrade me as I had a special meal. I told her I can live without a special meal. and she pointed to my new business seat.

L class to C(wasn't expecting this at all)
Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
Apr 6 FRA-JFK S -> C. Scanned my bp at the gate, and the machine printed out a new bp. Y looked overbooked.

Never earned a single mile with M&M, although most of my longhaul *A flights are with LH. Will board a UA metal for the first time ever on Apr 10.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
March 16, ZRH-NRT Z -> F. At gate, when my BP was scanned, the magic "beep" played and. I was one of the last passengers to board, and I saw a lot of upgrades on that flight.

Y full, C full and F full (it looked like I was the only op-up to F, but can't be sure).

Last edited by flozano; Apr 8, 2012 at 9:55 am Reason: Added date
Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
11 Apr, LH405, JFK-FRA, S->C
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
JFK-GVA (Z to F)
First time in LX new F (seat 1K) for me. Boarding was almost completed when a gate agent came to my seat in C and gave me the F boarding pass. Service was excellent and I slept like a baby until 30 min before landing.
Flight was completely booked in Y and C already 2 weeks before. After my op-up also F was completely full.
First op-up since August 2010 (almost 100 short-haul and 24 long-haul segments on LH/LX/OS without op-up)

Last edited by Viennafly; Apr 15, 2012 at 6:17 am
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
FRA-ZRH and ZRH-PMI both upgrades L->C
was a special present
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: SK*G, TK*G, AB Silver (OW Ruby), SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
BUD-MUC, M to C at the gate yesterday, my first ever op-up! ^
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Quasi Op-Up ICN-FRA

Had a quasi or "fake" Op-up yesterday from ICN-FRA (on a Z fare) to an F seat (seat only!). On boarding, boarding pass beeped, and was moved to a single F window seat (old F A346) and told that it would be J service only. Apparently, no F seats were sold, and J may have been oversold, so they seated HONs/SENs in the F cabin. Kind of funny. but the very nice crew really made sure that we only got J service too, LOL! - they only gave out blankets, and even though the mattress padding was available in the drawer at each seat, they pretended it wasn't there ....And they didn't bother putting up the partition between rows 1 and 2, so the person in row 1 when fully reclined had his head a few centimeters away from my feet.... And of course, the curtain between F/J was left open during flight, we got the J amenity kit, the J meal service, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.