Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON [08/2011 -]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
U to C on OS VIE-AMS last night. BP waiting at the gate together with 3 other people.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Twice last week:

Y(Y) to C PRG-FRA
Y+(E) to C MEX-MUC
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:08 am

Today; Economy (K) to Premium Economy, LH408 DUS-EWR as a FTL.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NiCre
Today; Economy (K) to Premium Economy, LH408 DUS-EWR as a FTL.
Nice one - from K! Maybe they had to accommodate a lot of ex-AB pax in Y...
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: Miles&More, Skywards
FTL here, 3 upgrades from Premium Economy to Business in the past 6 months:
Last Monday on flight TSE-FRA
End of August on JNB-FRA
Mid March again on JNB-FRA
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
as a SEN,
In July I was OPUPed from Economy<class H> to PE when checked in, flight FRA-PEK on A380;
Today when boarding at gate, was OPUPed from Y(class S) to C, flight FRA-MXP. The flight looked fully packed.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:09 pm

18 SEP LH419 IAD - FRA
Booked in E - upgrade to Business

Not sure if has something to do with LH using the smaller A330 for LH417 earlier today.
But I take it :-)

UA *G
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: LX SEN
As SEN:

30/8: ZRH - TXL on LX from Eco (S) to C
29/9: ZRH - BOS on LX from Eco (Q) to C

My opups have become rare and on none of my 7 returns to India this year in PE did it work out.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by br2k
*G, United Platinum, cheapo Y-C (one way fare, L class I believe) on ZRH-PVG a few days ago. I did pay an extra $100 for the "upfront" bulkhead seat in Y at booking, perhaps that was more of a deciding factor.

Curiously, a seat map during online check-in looked wide open in Y, yet flight turned out to be completely full. No notification of an upgrade either - I found out as I was going through yet another "online re-check in" to see what seats are available - when suddenly my seat changed to row 5 middle. Quickly switched it to the last available single seat in row 11.

[rant mode on]

Incidentally, I was considering bidding for business seat on that flight but eventually decided not to. Somewhat happy about that decision, turns out I did not much care for Swiss business seat or food. But for free this is an amazing deal

Not to sound ungrateful, I definitely appreciate it - this helped improve otherwise pretty dreary previous 24 hours.

Both GVA and ZRH airports were a complete disaster (for different reasons). Haven't seen anything like that in a long time anywhere. Plus a night at the "Apart hotel by Hilton" which turned out to lack air conditioning, "because Swiss care about the environment" (that according to staff at check in). Almost made me swear off flying through Switzerland.
[/rant mode off]
That's a shame. I am sure Switzerland will miss you!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
My partner (SEN) got upgraded at the gate today FRA-LHR to Business from Economy booking class Y (flight was sold out so used SEN booking guarantee 3 days before the flight)

Might not sound that exciting but as 6'7 tall getting moved to the bulkhead was much appreciated..!
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: M&M
FTL here. Got upgraded from Y+(E) to C while boarding LH760 FRA-DEL earlier today. 2 upgrades to C out of 3 long-haul flights I took this year on LH.

Regards,
TFR
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Y(Y) —> C fra- got
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: LH-SEN
Business (Z) to first, LX160 ZRH - NRT yesterday, very nice surprise.

Actually got the upgrade when checking-in at Vienna but didn't notice and neither did the check-in agent I'm assuming as she didn't mention it and I 'only' got the usual business priority tags. Momentary confusion at the senator lounge in Zurich when I was asked whether I wanted to go the first class lounge but then I spotted the lovely F on my boarding pass!
vantage03 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: M&M FTL
sorry for the newbie question, but how does the "opup" works? in what instances and when are you getting an higher class?
does it happen during the online checkin randomly? or just at the gate?
I'll be FTL in a few more flights in December, so just curious
thanks
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Normally it happens when the class you were to travel in is overbooked.
But it's hard to tell how people are chosen to be upgraded. I've received an upgrade once without having any status at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.