Search

LH Experience: FRA-BKK in C

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
LH Experience: FRA-BKK in C

Dear Fellow Flyers,

I wanted to share my experience flying Lufthansa C FRA-BKK-FRA most recently. I know this topic has been beaten to death, but the service on Lufthansa was superb. What impressed me most was the food. For starters the meals just seem incredibly fresh, and the choices are phenomenal. I had some shrimp and fish on one route, which delicious wine and Baileys.

On the other hand, I really am looking forward to LH finally receiving a new C seat. The screen isn't HD and not widescreen, and I don't have to mention the seat itself. I MUCH prefer United C.

To sum up my short experience, I absolutely enjoyed LH. If only they had a better seat, I would probably prefer them over United. For now though, that better seat on UA is still my preference.

Cheers,

UA
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH Oil & Energy Club
I second that! I felt the same way back in July when I flew JFK-FRA-MUC and return.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I generally agree with you. It is time for the new seat. But what do you do with the bigger screen. The movie sleection on LH longhaul is not good. I had 3 longhauls in the last 4 weeks and I was so happy that the last one was now in Nov as they had some new movies...for frequent traveller on LH longhaul the selection is bad ... a lot of TV series and cheap others. I really liked UA last month. Good seat, good selection of movies and surprisingly a good service. I will try this again....
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Last week i flew 2 long haul segments on LH back to back on the same day and I have to say: LH has the worst C class seat in the world the current long haul C class seat is designed to deprive the traveller from sleeping in any position
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
LH has the worst C class seat in the world
Apparently you have not been on an Air China flight in C (or F)...
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:14 am

Programs: LH SEN
Indeed. Definitely not the worst, but then again far away from what you get get today for the same or less money. My employer pays C so I get to my destination well rested. The last flights I could not sleep due to this seat, I was a mess. I decided for myself after the last flight in LH C that I will try whatever is necessary to avoid them and go for better C, even if it means transit in LHR.
I am glad that LH updates their C, but please hurry.
W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.